Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I guess my feeling is STS can do as they want. The only thing I find odd is there is no mention of what the benefit to crafting higher level crates might be. The cost per drop is the same in each and the token drop per item is the same in each so why would I bother to craft higher level crates. I would assume that in addition to the added drops there would be an odds change as well, or the minimum Gold drop per drop would go up for the higher level crates.

So please what is the benefit of crafting higher level crates?

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    First when I saw this one I tought the only way to obtain new mythic gears set is from farming elite. Hell yeah,this expansion gonna be awesome. But wait....................

start to feel something isn't right..... Then...........

I should know from the begining that's just a fairytale. nice move STS.

Note :

- Ofc fibus said that none of ingridients come from lock crate,since they already have plan to removed this old lock crate.

- Better u guys tell us from the begining that "for non plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by farming the ingridients then craft it. And for u plat players u can obtain this new mythic gears set by a chance from new crates".
    Actually, the non-plat players like me can also farm the new gears...as Dalmony pointed out it woud take more than a year (416 days) provided we take shower and bathroom breaks.
    By that time the gears would have been outdated by another new set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

It should be noted that my posts are referring to how players can get Arcane items and the items seen in the token store only.

We can't predict how long it will take to get mythic glintstone set, because we dont have enough info about its components and their drop rates and locations.

Even so, I keep good faith that this particular set is indeed farmable only, and that its better than the crate mythics. Again we dont have enough info to say more than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    There *seem* to be more than one sets of mythic in the expansion... one available for tokens and one which is craftable. Only the craftable one has been mentioned to have the set bonus.

Only time will tell which mythics are in the crates, whether they carry a set bonus, and whether their stats are better, worse, or similar to the farmable mythics.

But yeah... guess we'll soon be seeing how this plays out :3
    Sorry but can u share where they say about "more than one mythic set",I'm clueless about that. If they released 2 kind of mythic set at the same time,maybe both is same but 1 is tradeable and another is bound,what I'm afraid is they gonna make the farmable mythic set is bound,and make mythic set from crate tradeable. If that so,that's gonna make farmer got another disadvantage even they already said that some of ingridients are tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Actually, the non-plat players like me can also farm the new gears...as Dalmony pointed out it woud take more than a year (416 days) provided we take shower and bathroom breaks.
    By that time the gears would have been outdated by another new set.
    I know clearly what u feel,my point is its okay if plat players got many advantage to obtain cool items they deserve it ,but giving too much is sound unfair in my personal view. Farmer at least deserve lil advantage,something can only obtain by farm elite something valuable to sell when loot it or craft it.

Plat players and merch play important role at this game but farmer have same important role tho,who's gonna buy items that came from new crate with good price/offer if farmer have nothing special to farm something valuable (not trying to be rude but we all know the way merch doin offer).

Market won't work well if just plat players and merch involved. They already make great progres when introduce mythic planar pendant which is all ingridient just can obtain from farm,just wish they didn't make back step in this expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I know clearly what u feel,my point is its okay if plat players got many advantage to obtain cool items they deserve it ,but giving too much is sound unfair in my personal view. Farmer at least deserve lil advantage,something can only obtain by farm elite something valuable to sell when loot it or craft it.

Plat players and merch play important role at this game but farmer have same important role tho,who's gonna buy items that came from new crate with good price/offer if farmer have nothing special to farm something valuable (not trying to be rude but we all know the way merch doin offer).

Market won't work well if just plat players and merch involved. They already make great progres when introduce mythic planar pendant which is all ingridient just can obtain from farm,just wish they didn't make back step in this expansion.

I feel you there, but this part is what hurt most
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    None of the ingredients for either set come from locked crates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    The new locked crates will have new loot as well, including:

• New Legendary Gear Sets
    • Mythic Armor and Belts
    • Pets (including a new Arcane!)
    • Elixirs
    • Gold
    • Platinum (up to 100!)
    • Jewels
    • Ankhs and Respec Scrolls
    • Crate Tokens

It's too good to be true right? Darn I was trolled on that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    Lol .-. if there is nothing pve exclusive to farm this season except legendary gears from elite and crates this expansion is really going to be a flop.:/
    Absolutly agree. Farmer need something exclusive to farm,something worth to sell (like mythic planar arena pendant) for buy exclusive plat items. After introduce mythic planar arena pendant I wish STS didn't make back step in this expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turbobasher View Post
    many ppl that play this game can afford to spend $200 (me included and im still a student) this isnt great because the WHOLE arcane market will crash and wont come back up anytime soon. i think its a good idea for a 20% chance to drop tokens so that way the market wont crash. And there is no point in a pay 2 win kind of game..... plz fix this
    Um, if it's your goal to purchase something and the price goes down, aren't you in a better position to buy said item? My theory is that the market will crash for plat-based items, but will stay high for farmable items. Win-win for farmers in my book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

for those players/forum'rs who is laughing about my OLD LOCK post" saying that im crying,call whambulance etc..i guess STS grant my wishes..bcuz they know i have a point about it..50k plush remaining crates will all be a waste if they dont make lock usefull for the last time.... :P :P ty sts

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #249
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This is a great thread of feedback! (and a lengthy read)

There is still more information yet to be released, but to reiterate there will be a chance to get Crate Tokens from Gold Orc Chests, at a rate yet to be determined for the same reasons everyone is already discussing. We want it to feel appropriate, as with all of our platinum based merchandise you are saving time by spending. It's a delicate balance where players feel time invested is on par or equal to the time saved by paying.

Keep an eye out for more info over the coming weeks, in the meantime here is some additional information related to the different Ren'gol Crates.

- Each Ren'gol Crate variation will responsible for their own high end loot rewards. In other words, the Item your specifically after may only exist in the Large Ran'gol Crate, or in the Normal Ren'Gol Crate. This in turn helps create a demand for each variation of the crate.

- Certain Mythic and Arcane items will be available through all Crate variations
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

There is still more information yet to be released, but to reiterate there will be a chance to get Crate Tokens from Gold Orc Chests, at a rate yet to be determined for the same reasons everyone is already discussing. We want it to feel appropriate, as with all of our platinum based merchandise you are saving time by spending. It's a delicate balance where players feel time invested is on par or equal to the time saved by paying.

Keep an eye out for more info over the coming weeks, in the meantime here is some additional information related to the different Ren'gol Crates.

- Each Ren'gol Crate variation will responsible for their own high end loot rewards. In other words, the Item your specifically after may only exist in the Large Ran'gol Crate, or in the Normal Ren'Gol Crate. This in turn helps create a demand for each variation of the crate.

- Certain Mythic and Arcane items will be available through all Crate variations
    Nice, I can open 4678978464476746476484 Gold Orc Chests AND receive 2 crate tokens

Yes because this is a CHANCE A CHANCE WIII!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

If the drop rate of orc crates and tokens from orc rate would be relative good i wonder if arcane shard will cost more than 750 tokens as it was listed on the test server. If the price of arcane shard will increase we are back on square 1.

Are the orc crates untradeable?
    Last edited by Titanium; 06-23-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I'm not complaining hehe but is true, I imagine the drop crate token in chest like a teeth from a boss, well I must to say Thanks you STS because I dont need plat to get a crate token, you guys give us the oportunity of get a arcane item too. But I only hope the chance will be normal >.<

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The intent is to allow free 2 play players have a shot at the same loot as pay to play players. We provided a similar system with previous expansions with Mythic and Arcane items dropping from Elite Gold Chests, so this shares the same philosophy.

What it doesn't share, is the odds. We're still toying with those to make them more reasonable compared to those iterations. As anyone familiar with economics knows, supply and demand is what makes these items worth while. As an example, we can't have everyone running around with an Arcane Ring, however we certainly want to see more of them in the general population.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The intent is to allow free 2 play players have a shot at the same loot as pay to play players. We provided a similar system with previous expansions with Mythic and Arcane items dropping from Elite Gold Chests, so this shares the same philosophy.

What it doesn't share, is the odds. We're still toying with those to make them more reasonable compared to those iterations. As anyone familiar with economics knows, supply and demand is what makes these items worth while. As an example, we can't have everyone running around with an Arcane Ring (this made my day) , however we certainly want to see more of them in the general population.
    hehe ok ty for the explanation :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

What it doesn't share, is the odds. We're still toying with those to make them more reasonable compared to those iterations. As anyone familiar with economics knows, supply and demand is what makes these items worth while. As an example, we can't have everyone running around with an Arcane Ring, however we certainly want to see more of them in the general population.
    I just hope that the drop rate on those tokens would not be fossil drop rate. Like opening hundreds of Gold Orc Chests looting and only one token. Anyway, as you said your guys were still toying on the odds.

PS: What I like on these new locks are the awesome chest design, great job on that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I dont see why tokens can't just be a secondary drop like teeth. I haven't gotten to play dungeons on ts as i use google play to login, but many players said that the new maps were pretty lengthy. Tokens having the same odds as teeth dropping will give f2p a reasonable goal and will take a good amount of time to reach. A chance within a chance(gold orc crates) is complete bullcrap to me. Thats exactly like looting a fossil in arena,which is little to none. Its about time sts hires testers instead of letting the rich players give their "input" in how it should be for f2p players too. I honestly think more than half of the f2p players will agree with me that the token system should be like teeth, as its reasonable. As many people will skip this post, I like to eat peanut butter with bananas. Its been stated and suggested many times too, i dont understand how sts doesnt read those meaningful posts. No one wants a chance within a chance. If you're gonna give plat buyers one guaranteed token for five plats spent, its better to give maps the drop rate of teeth, tokens being the secondary drops. Example, even if you farm 10 teeth a day, it will take 15 days to get a dragonite bar. If you farm 10 tokens a day, it takes 75 days to get ONE arcane item. None of us wants to open 5038374829248472727388 gold chests and end up with 16 tokens. Also consider the token daily quest to add to an npc

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    A chance within a chance(gold orc crates) is complete bullcrap to me. Thats exactly like looting a fossil in arena,which is little to none.
    The Fossil drops are actually well balanced at the moment. just watch the steady influx everyday. in fact *a lot* of the friends i run daily arena with looted at least one fossil by now. you can still rightfully course RNG drops, but the fossil drops, it s just not a guaranteed drop. if anything, there should be more besides the fossil to drop.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    The Fossil drops are actually well balanced at the moment. just watch the steady influx everyday. in fact *a lot* of the friends i run daily arena with looted at least one fossil by now. you can still rightfully course RNG drops, but the fossil drops, it s just not a guaranteed drop. if anything, there should be more besides the fossil to drop.
    It was just to compare to the rate that tokens hopefully are not dropping at. few to some people have looted fossil from arena, assuming you take a number from all endgame players. Thing is we were told that the new expansion would come a step closer to ending this RNG system, but it seems the total opposite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Thats 340 tokens per 1,700 plat. In order to get the arcane shard (750 tokens), one would need to make an order for 1,700 plat (340tokens)($89.99usd), another order for 1,700 plat (680tokens)($179.98usd), plus an order for 600 plat (800tokens)($229.97usd).

It could cost less depending on how much platinum is returned from these crates, and could cost more if one were to have purchased smaller amounts of platinum over a longer period of time.

So...

1 Guaranteed Arcane Shard:

750 tokens
    3,750 plat
    $229.97

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Sorry but can u share where they say about "more than one mythic set",I'm clueless about that.
    I'm not really sure what the situation is with the mythics:

- There was an announced farmable mythic set called "Glintstone." This set will have a set bonus if you wear all 4 pieces.

- There were mythic items in the token vendor on the test server; I think a mythic helm and an armor, which were not called "Glintstone" but had another name.

- The mythics available from the token vendor and also listed in the drops from these chests include a "mythic belt" however it was confirmed that the Mythic Glintstone set will comprise of- helm, armor, ring, and amulet.

The mythic items in the vendor might have just been placeholder items and may not actually exist but it gave the impression that additional mythics are hanging around (if not necessarily a "set") as well as the Glintstone mythics.

We still don't know all of the loot that will be available in the expansion.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post: