Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

This makes the game more p2w then ever before....all that excitement for a token system, for what? This mockery
    Seriously, this crosses troll level.
    So what is an f2p player supposed to do? farm locks and sit back? wow that is so much farmable value.
    Not to mention creating all that beautiful content, just so people can sit in a corner and pop locks all over again?
    I mean, there was barely any problem with locks except few people not finding it rewarding enough, so you make the whole point of an year and a half expansion just to polish p2w
    It is still salvageable. Just make tokens drop from the elite bosses.
    Taking into consideration, its 700 tokens for a shard; it means 700 runs of those huge maps of top of the cream elite contents, which is hugely difficult and time-consuming, but worth it.
    Why was a announcement about 'farmable mythic set' even made if this was how it was going to turn not
    Not bashing, just thouroughly displeased

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

* f2p will farm crates

* p2p will need crates

* crates are going to be crafted in other massive crates

* crates are going to guarantee tokens

* crates are going to have a higher demand

* a higher demand means a higher price

* p2p will pop many crates

* p2p will flood the market with arcanes

* arcanes are going to have a lower cost day by day

* f2p can finally afford arcanes

Stop reading between lines and do some math. New crates are going to cost 10k-15k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdized View Post
    can you guys make token unlocks bound to the character that unlocks it, so the economy isn't ruined. *my two cents*

but the CON will be that you could only should purchase an arcane fossil with tokens on a lvl 41 or above so you could craft it to nekro for instance.

Please sts if you read this don't flood the market with nekros and arcane rings, or instead bring shady and surge back. The game needs to make sure the economy stays intact somehow,
    and I don't think flooding the market with nekros and arcane rings is the answer.

^ ^ THIS ^ ^ I approve this post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

So happy that the lockeds will guarantee tokens.

Next announcements on Orc chests dropping chest tokens too and we will have happy faces everywhere

And to some people who's begging for old locked crates' lifespan. Get over the old crate already. The new ones are here to save you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It's all good.1 token per crate...stop crying like babies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

All I see is rich plats buyers vs average plat users . You guys can argue till expansion comes out its your money . I'm worried about non plat users doesn't seem like they will be able to get endgame gears without gambling with plat . I fear we will lose a lot of ppl . Few will farm until they relise they are farming crate they can't ever open . Others will hang on for little while like now then give up . Sts hasn't released all the info , let's see what else they bring to the table for non plat users .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I wanna put my opinion forward regarding this....

Now this may only apply to me or it may be the view of others, i suspect the latter.. but the problem i see with the way the crates are to work is tha,t as others have already mentioned, it is going to be way too easy for the vast majority or ppl to purchase a moderate amount of plat, and simply farm the level 1 crates, and in turn craft the level 3 crates and obtain the best items in the game.

At the minute for me certainly, the number one appeal for me is to obtain the best gear. In so doing you are making your character better that others. Who doesnt like the "Wow you are awesome" or "Woah how is your Dmg / crit whatever.. so high" that you hear from lower level players of players new to the game ?

You get that by achieving the gear and / or pets that others dont have. Now I am absolutely fine with the idea of being able to pay to win if you so wish.. Anyone who wants to spend their money to buy platinum should be able to do so and should be able to get the best gear that way. On the opposide of the coin, anyone who refuses to pay money and simply wants to farm for the best items, well that is also absolutely fine. The problem here is that we are going to have within a few weeks of the expansion hitting, everyone having and arcane ring / and Nekro !

This will completely devalue "the best gear / pet" in the game and will take away the possibility for people to be set apart from everyone else by having the best kit.

Not so long back there was a debate over the forums regarding SnS. And at the time StS stood by the idea that for those who "achieved" a LB position meaning that they won this particular pet it should not make a return in this years event as it would devalue that achievment... and rightly so. But now with the introduction of this crate system this is exactly what will happen to everyone who has either invested a lot of money or a lot of time into this game to get a ring or a nekro.

If this system to to go ahead it needs to fine tuned and made a real challenge for people to get these items OR STS needs to introduce some new gear and a New pet that outweighs the ring and Nekro allowing people to move on to achieve the next level of uniqueness in the game.

A bit long winded, i appreciate...

that is all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why am these tokens can't be able to farm?

More support to plat industry and less fun for non plat ppl. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anague View Post
    pls dont forget old lock crates...we farmed it for how many months of harwork and it just booooooom and price get lower and lower..i hope sts will give us opportunity for the last time to do old locks usefull...come on guyz i know its not only me who did alot of hardworks for this old locks....
    I second this. There needs to some way to use locks to out benefit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    * f2p will farm crates

* p2p will need crates

* crates are going to be crafted in other massive crates

* crates are going to guarantee tokens

* crates are going to have a higher demand

* a higher demand means a higher price

* p2p will pop many crates

* p2p will flood the market with arcanes

* arcanes are going to have a lower cost day by day

* f2p can finally afford arcanes

Stop reading between lines and do some math. New crates are going to cost 10k-15k
    I have to agree with this. I was able to buy almost all of my mages collection from farming locked crates when they were 10-15k each. It used to be more profitable than running elites in the long run.

I miss the days of farming locked while working and making about a mil a week. Used to be easy to save for those high priced items. Hopefully this helps it return to those days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Nice point... it will be great if tokens can be farmed like tooth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    So happy that the lockeds will guarantee tokens.

Next announcements on Orc chests dropping chest tokens too and we will have happy faces everywhere

And to some people who's begging for old locked crates' lifespan. Get over the old crate already. The new ones are here to save you.
    i get your point but im just begging for old lock crates to be usefull for the last the last time, so that we can consume those remaining crates..because if old locks will not be consumed, what will we do with those remaining crates(maybe 50,000+crates) it will be all useless(not literally useless tho).. all effort and hardwork of the farmers will be useless to0..i hope u guyz can understand all the efforts and hardworks we did just to get those old locks..im still hoping that STS has a good plan for this..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I purpose a log in daily reward implemented, something like a chest with a bit of gold, 1 or 2 plat and some kind of crafting ingredient, for everyone logging in everyday, that not only brings people into the game, but gives everyone a chance to build a bit of plat, not just the plat whales. If need be make it so it's a NPC in one of the new areas, so people need to go there and see the new area, which also gets them seeing the people running the area and get them involved, perhaps make it an NPC appears after the first boss kill? With a 'Hello! Thank you for killing that monster! I have a gift for you' and once gift is received, 'sorry I'm all out of gifts today, come back tomorrow' .... Just a thought to even things out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

This is great! I like the new currency so there is less of a gamble when you are popping locked. Sure you can get lucky and score that way but at the same time you are building up coins that can be used to purchase items. I don't see anything wrong this this, and also it will reduce the price of arcanes and mythics so everyone will be able to earn them. I really am happy to see this in the game. +10 StS.

On keeping the game viable for PvE players, you also need fresh stuff dropping in the zones as well. How about adding in some items that you can't buy with coins and aren't in the crates. Vanities, eggs, different skins of items... You have created a beautiful expansion be sure to keep the loot table fresh for the farmers.

Looking forward to the Rage!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

On one hand it sounds like the game is going full p2w. On the other hand the situation is still much better that before, when I could spend 200 Euro and get nothing for it when i open locked crates, which after trying it once I decided to never do it again. The number of things you could do with 200 Euro, which are better than getting nothing are countless.

@Those saying that spending 200-300 USD/Euro is not much go get rich:

1. Having 1 (one) arcane pet or a mythic item does not make you rich.
    2. Most people in their right minds prefer doing other things with that much money, so for most it will still be too much
    3. If you think that 200-300 USD/Euro is not a lot for 90% of the world's population than you are completely out of touch with reality both in game and in the real world.

Last but certainly not least: If those tokens can't be farmed and/or one needs 5 hours a day for two months, as some forumers pointed out, that if they are very lucky the whole hype that was created with farm-able mythics/arcanes would have been for nothing. I hope for the good of this game that this is not the case, because I and many others I am sure will not go back to farming locked crates.

P.S. From where I live 3 nights all-inclusive in a 5 star hotel on the Canary Islands is 350 Euro. The choice between this or popping locked 10-20 minutes long is very easy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Players will still farm Kraken Mines and other quick maps instead of opting for elite maps and the rarer crates instead of actually playing new content. I think in order for this system to work, there needs to be a discount in platinum cost.

Example:
    - Locked Large Crates cost 5 Platinum to open
    - Locked Massive Crates cost 10 Platinum to open

This way, there is some incentive to obtain the bigger and better crates. Everybody loves to save some platinum!

Additionally, crate tokens will drop for each and every crate opened? With platinum return granted per crate, this may crash the entire arcane market. I know with 1700 platinum, I am able to open 300+ locked crates. So, a shard would cost me roughly 750 crates if tokens drop at a 100% rate.

Just some potential issues I see!
    This would Be 100% unfair if everytime u open one crate u gonna get one TOKEN. THIS gonna make AL like pl soon...
    I Can let STS Check mine Accounts and i have been Bought about 250000 Platinums and looted only 1 time Shard!!!! I will guit AL if this gonna happen. I understand if Tokens drop Randomly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anague View Post
    i get your point but im just begging for old lock crates to be usefull for the last the last time, so that we can consume those remaining crates..because if old locks will not be consumed, what will we do with those remaining crates(maybe 50,000+crates) it will be all useless(not literally useless tho).. all effort and hardwork of the farmers will be useless to0..i hope u guyz can understand all the efforts and hardworks we did just to get those old locks..im still hoping that STS has a good plan for this..
    Do you want a way to earn money with farming??
    Then yes you have to let go the old crates to die.
    Nothing can save those old lockeds cuz the stocked lockeds in this game is huge very huge in number.
    If they get even a slight bite from the new lockeds, the new lockeds can't be saved too then.
    Why would people pay for new lockeds if those cheap old lockeds drop chest tokens and almost all new items?

Let them die.
    The result will be better for none other than the farmers.
    Demand will be high. Supply will just start to grow.
    Means good price. Worthy farmings.
    If old lockeds are tried to be saved and they are equivalent, thousands of old lockeds will kill new lockeds before it even starts to grow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I just wanna LOL before saying this. I read something about someone mentioning $200 USD is not a lot for a virtual arcane item xD. Want to increase to $500-600 that would be fair. Again LOL. Hell with that amount I would just use to buy new iPhone instead or go to a strip club or even throw a party and invite the neighborhood.

Why is it that we all want everything to be cheaper in REAL LIFE? yet you want things to cost more in VIRTUAL world? for example what if iPhone 6 and macbook pro or any pc cost super cheap for 50-100dollar. WOULD you not buy it and tell the retail to go up in price or would you have paid extra cause it's too cheap? sorry but I'm here just cracking up LMFAO.

Anyone here own a car? well Gas is inevitable we need it and have to buy it. Is the current price too low and too cheap? Should we go on strike and protest for it to go up and cost more?

SIGHHHH. Be glad that things are easy to obtain lol stop complaining. It's just a game. Be excited and happy that good things and more powerful stuff are coming at a low cost.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    This would Be 100% unfair if everytime u open one crate u gonna get one TOKEN. THIS gonna make AL like pl soon...
    I Can let STS Check mine Accounts and i have been Bought about 250000 Platinums and looted only 1 time Shard!!!! I will guit AL if this gonna happen. I understand if Tokens drop Randomly.
    Farewell mate.
    Take care.
    Not everyone can buy 250000 plats.
    While I understand your rage but wanting others to have same amount of plats before getting a shard is kind of childish.
    The game doesn't improve because there's always someone comes with personal reason standing against it when stg tries to do some good.
    Chest token is brought to counter the RNG system. Making chest tokens random will be like, putting RNG system on something which is brought to fix RNG systems' dissapointments.

Good job sts. Hopefully there will be farmable ways too to get those chest tokens.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    That's a great idea but massive crates should still drop 3 tokens. Although then I'd like to see the massive crates obtained in another way other than elites.

If they went ahead with the crafting idea I'd like to see the recipe be of one time use and dropped from normal Ren'gol bosses and elite mobs.
    Players who dont spent much on this game like to drop 100 tokens per lockeds so they can easy get arcane items. I see this players as useless. So i see sts should listen to us who really spend much on this game. Or we gonna say bye bye