Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

btw maam/sir, how about for old lock crates?? can u make it more usefull? because alot of poor players including me did alot of efforts just to get an old locks ..and the price is really low now because of the new one.. i just want you guyz to know that a lot of us really did alot of hard works for that old locks and i just dont want that hard work to be nothing/useless.. I HOPE YOU guyz understand my point of view..thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

To make the massive chests worth crafting/farming they need to be special. As it stands now I can just open 3 "regular" lockeds get 3 tokens and three chances. There is not a difference.

I propose making the massive chests 12 plat to open with double odds. They will be in high demand then and retain value.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This will just increase the difference between people who buy plat and people who can't afford it...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justno For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Is there any other way of getting these tokens? or are they just from opening locks?

rouge-Princessloves-46
    mage-Queenloves-41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Wow!

This is just a personal opinion, but I think this needs to be looked into or else, many rare items will be seriously devalued. Perhaps, it should be a 50% chance to grant token? Or else, we will see a serious flooding of arcanes and other valuables in the market.

It should work as a reward system, agreed, but 1 token per drop may be just a tad bit too frequent.
    Some players like me who hated the gambling aspect of locks are far more likely to buy plat now. I'd rather have a subscription-based game where everything had to be farmed, but I think this is a huge improvement.

And anyway, it was a pay to win before. If you spent a ton of money on plat, you were guaranteed to be rich. Are you suggesting that getting arcane shards or myth bows before took any skill or dedication whatsoever (besides those who earned gold from farming and bought in auction)? I can't help but feel that it's painful for some to have the best gear suddenly becoming accessible to the masses. But fear not, SNS probably won't be getting a re-release.

Endgame PVP, at the very least, should be more interesting.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

This is actually an all win solution IMO
    For STS : People won't have doubt to buy platinum to open crate because they will actually get something great.
    For plat user : Spending lots of money and get nothing but a bunch of legendary set is just terrible.Hopefully this won't be happening again.
    For Non plat user : The price of the items will get cheaper so its reachable.

Edited:STS need to add token to non plat chest too because what?Say u need to spend $200 to get guarantee arcane.But not everyone will spend that much.Say I spend $150 to open crate.If at end I didn't got any arcane,those token will prove to be useless because with $150,you only get 3/4 the token needed to buy an arcane item.It will make me even more upset than I should be before the token was introduce.Of course the non plat chest won't drop token as often as the plat chest.But at least I can farm the 1/4 token that I need to buy an arcane item.
    Last edited by Archerios; 06-19-2015 at 07:21 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Archerios For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I disagree with some people on this thread, to an extent. I have no problem with the flood of arcanes to the market and the crash of prices. That part is perfectly fine by me - as I may finally be able to afford a single upgrade to my current gear. What I disagree with is the whole pay to win aspect of this. If these tokens are really only available to people who spend real life money on the game to open the locked crates, what of the rest of the players? Should they just continue walking around in their legendary gear while everybody around them is in full mythic and arcane gear, not inviting them to any parties, thus stopping them from being able to make any profit? Should the non-plat spenders just sit around until they finally give in and pay money too, just to be able to play the game in the first place? I personally don't think this should be the way things are run. I am of the opinion that everybody should have a reasonably equal opportunity to get the same items. Platinum, if at all in the game, should be able to help a player get to his goal faster, but not so much faster that it's really the only viable option.

Even if regular and elite golden ren'gol crates drop a token or two every time they are opened, how long will it take to get enough tokens to buy something like a shard or fossil purely with farming? Let's just theorize here for a moment and say that a regular run of a ren'gol map takes 5 minutes, and that you are really lucky and get a golden ren'gol crate 20% of the time (1 in 5 runs). If a fossil or shard is 750 tokens and a golden chest guarantees 1 token, you will only have to run 3750 ren'gol maps to get enough tokens to pay for 1 item. At 5 minutes each, this comes out to 312.5 in game hours... to put that into perspective, that is 2 months for someone who gets on every single day and plays for 5 hours a day straight doing nothing but running ren'gol maps, with no breaks, and no spending time talking with friends in the game. Now, would I rather do that or drop a couple hundred dollars in STS's pocket and get the item I want in 5 minutes (or however long it takes to pop open a couple hundred locked crates) or spend 2 months of farming for 5+ hours a day just to get a single item drop? Point is, the gap between plat players and regular players is far too wide, and makes it so platinum is really the only way to play the game - if that continues to be true, this game will die.

The teasers posted so far have not excited me for the expansion, in fact they've made me even more concerned that this game is heading in the wrong direction. I'll wait until after the expansion release to make my final opinions, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like only people who pay real money will be able to take advantage of the better gear and systems of the game and the rest of the players will either give in and join the paying players or just quit the game entirely. Quite honestly, it'll be the latter, rather than the former. All said, I enjoy playing the game when there is something to do. I just fear that the game is going to come down to only farming locked crates rather than any end-game content, and with the increase of essentially pay2win content, you will see more and more players quit. Hope this does not become the case, though.

12. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Finally some thing in return for sure for money spent. Good good. Almost about to wake away but feel better now. I am sure people now ready to open Crates. It should improve all in all for both plat player and farming player. Thanks to STS finally made a balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    To make the massive chests worth crafting/farming they need to be special. As it stands now I can just open 3 "regular" lockeds get 3 tokens and three chances. There is not a difference.

I propose making the massive chests 12 plat to open with double odds. They will be in high demand then and retain value.
    Ya I was just wondering the same thing... if all of the crates have the same odds per item, it seems pointless to spend time crafting/farming the massive chests!

It would make more sense if each crate had slightly higher chance for mythics/arcanes than the ones before it... surely this is what they have in mind? Or the massive ones have a wider variety of loot or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    I disagree with some people on this thread, to an extent. I have no problem with the flood of arcanes to the market and the crash of prices. That part is perfectly fine by me - as I may finally be able to afford a single upgrade to my current gear. What I disagree with is the whole pay to win aspect of this. If these tokens are really only available to people who spend real life money on the game to open the locked crates, what of the rest of the players? Should they just continue walking around in their legendary gear while everybody around them is in full mythic and arcane gear, not inviting them to any parties, thus stopping them from being able to make any profit? Should the non-plat spenders just sit around until they finally give in and pay money too, just to be able to play the game in the first place? I personally don't think this should be the way things are run. I am of the opinion that everybody should have a reasonably equal opportunity to get the same items. Platinum, if at all in the game, should be able to help a player get to his goal faster, but not so much faster that it's really the only viable option.

Even if regular and elite golden ren'gol crates drop a token or two every time they are opened, how long will it take to get enough tokens to buy something like a shard or fossil purely with farming? Let's just theorize here for a moment and say that a regular run of a ren'gol map takes 5 minutes, and that you are really lucky and get a golden ren'gol crate 20% of the time (1 in 5 runs). If a fossil or shard is 750 tokens and a golden chest guarantees 1 token, you will only have to run 3750 ren'gol maps to get enough tokens to pay for 1 item. At 5 minutes each, this comes out to 312.5 in game hours... to put that into perspective, that is 2 months for someone who gets on every single day and plays for 5 hours a day straight doing nothing but running ren'gol maps, with no breaks, and no spending time talking with friends in the game. Now, would I rather do that or drop a couple hundred dollars in STS's pocket and get the item I want in 5 minutes (or however long it takes to pop open a couple hundred locked crates) or spend 2 months of farming for 5+ hours a day just to get a single item drop? Point is, the gap between plat players and regular players is far too wide, and makes it so platinum is really the only way to play the game - if that continues to be true, this game will die.

The teasers posted so far have not excited me for the expansion, in fact they've made me even more concerned that this game is heading in the wrong direction. I'll wait until after the expansion release to make my final opinions, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like only people who pay real money will be able to take advantage of the better gear and systems of the game and the rest of the players will either give in and join the paying players or just quit the game entirely. Quite honestly, it'll be the latter, rather than the former. All said, I enjoy playing the game when there is something to do. I just fear that the game is going to come down to only farming locked crates rather than any end-game content, and with the increase of essentially pay2win content, you will see more and more players quit. Hope this does not become the case, though.
    Plat buyers buy the chests and crates from farmers.
    So farm. Drop rengol crates, rengol chests, materials to craft glinstone armors, merch and by the time you know it you will have enough gold to buy whatever you want . I think the only advantage plat buyers will have this season is that they will be the first to get the new items, thats all. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Love the idea. Finally an end to all the I opened xxx locked and didn't get an arcane topics. Great job sts.

And honestly if someone spends $200 in any game they deserve to be rich in it. This may actually stabilize the market and have a lot more end game players fully geared.

If any kind of locked can get back to 10-15k again farmers will make money while the plat spenders will make money. It's a win win situation with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's really a win win for everyone ... Either u farm then sell for money or open and get goodies no matter what it's a win just don't be lazy and then everyone can have goodies

I am a rouge <3 rouge legends! Ps my name is manicures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    This is actually an all win solution IMO
    For STS : People won't have doubt to buy platinum to open crate because they will actually get something great.
    For plat user : Spending lots of money and get nothing but a bunch of legendary set is just terrible.Hopefully this won't be happening again.
    For Non plat user : The price of the items will get cheaper so its reachable.
    Good summary. I completely agree this will improve present situation of plat player and players hard farming. This will keep game alive which we all love to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    I fail to see how guaranteeing purchases with high level items is a bad thing. Are not people already running rampant with arcane pets, nekros? To secure yourself an item of worth by dropping a formidable sum of money is what the game needs; shying away from the RNG and assuredly getting your money's worth.

These changes won't suddenly bring every non plat spender to the pay to win club so I don't foresee much more of a market crash than has already occurred.

Also, lock farming will be viable again. Can't see any downside here.
    It's fine for everyone except non-plat users (who get a chance at token drop from Orc crates). Yes, non-plat users can farm crates but how long will it be until a surplus builds up and that is no longer needed?

I'm a plat user, and I've gotten over a year of use out of the 53.5M I initially invested in ring, so the devaluation doesn't affect me really on a personal level. However, when the game becomes pay to win, issues tend to arise - that is what I'm afraid of.

Overall, this is a GOOD change, but there are certain flaws that would be great if it could be addressed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    Plat buyers buy the chests and crates from farmers.
    So farm. Drop rengol crates, rengol chests, materials to craft glinstone armors, merch and by the time you know it you will have enough gold to buy whatever you want . I think the only advantage plat buyers will have this season is that they will be the first to get the new items, thats all. XD
    That's of course assuming crates are worth farming, though. Sure, the guaranteed items make it look more promising that the price will hold up, but what if it doesn't? What if people stop caring about crates because of the drop in price of arcanes and mythics, just like they've done with current crates? Farming the crates then would not be a viable option. Then what do players do to make money?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!, Then I can not get token crates if I'm not a plat user????. BAD BAD VERY BAD -.-

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

pls dont forget old lock crates...we farmed it for how many months of harwork and it just booooooom and price get lower and lower..i hope sts will give us opportunity for the last time to do old locks usefull...come on guyz i know its not only me who did alot of hardworks for this old locks....

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

will the orch golden chest drop as rare as elite planar tomb chest ? cuz if that chests are as rare as a locked will be too cheap and everybody will be opening , and if they are as rare as planar chest people will sell it instead of open it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    That's of course assuming crates are worth farming, though. Sure, the guaranteed items make it look more promising that the price will hold up, but what if it doesn't? What if people stop caring about crates because of the drop in price of arcanes and mythics, just like they've done with current crates? Farming the crates then would not be a viable option. Then what do players do to make money?
    That might happen but not anywhere near the start of the season. Additionaly the guaranteed arcane item over time through tokens will make the rengol crates and chests highly desired even after a long period of time. Dust your weapons hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Has it been confirmed anywhere that tokens will be available anywhere other than locked crates? I have seen a couple of "Remi said blah blah" things but have yet to see an actual quote of where this was stated.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.