Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inappropriate chat, auto-muting, and auto-banning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's pretty sad when society assumes slang and vulgarity is a common form of communication. Seems to me that a key ingredient called decency and proper speak have failed to be taught by parents and has resulted in a generation of lazy speech and properness....uggggggg in reality if YOU really THINK about it. There is no real reason to use it. It serves no real purpose other than to either boast or beat down ppl. I can tell you that it's not a form of speak that survives the real business world. There are there exceptions and I am not without fault, but really is there any reason it's needed in a kids game and amongst the kid community? My applause to PL for trying to keep the talk relatively clean amongs this kind of venue!!!!!! Totally awesome

Oh and know I am not a kid....
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post
    It's pretty sad when society assumes slang and vulgarity is a common form of communication. Seems to me that a key ingredient called decency and proper speak have failed to be taught by parents and has resulted in a generation of lazy speech and properness....uggggggg in reality if YOU really THINK about it. There is no real reason to use it. It serves no real purpose other than to either boast or beat down ppl. I can tell you that it's not a form of speak that survives the real business world. There are there exceptions and I am not without fault, but really is there any reason it's needed in a kids game and amongst the kid community? My applause to PL for trying to keep the talk relatively clean amongs this kind of venue!!!!!! Totally awesome

Oh and know I am not a kid....
    I completely agree this is a great idea and I hope that they will let us know what is bad by when your about to type something bad incidentally or something that you don't know is on the list it will turn red. To The Devs, I use to play a game by Disney called VMK and when someone tried to type something bad it wouldn't let you press enter and type the sentence. However, it didn't take long for people to find clever ways around it. For example you weren't allowed to say love so people said glove. It became so common the devs there couldn't do anything to stop it because so many people did it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by costalot View Post
    I completely agree this is a great idea and I hope that they will let us know what is bad by when your about to type something bad incidentally or something that you don't know is on the list it will turn red. To The Devs, I use to play a game by Disney called VMK and when someone tried to type something bad it wouldn't let you press enter and type the sentence. However, it didn't take long for people to find clever ways around it. For example you weren't allowed to say love so people said glove. It became so common the devs there couldn't do anything to stop it because so many people did it
    because heaven forbid we have a bunch of people runnin around here sayin words like Love........
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the muting function/idea. Would a player receive a tell that they have been muted? Also, it's late for me, but I can't figure out why you can't say "crush the keeper"? Oh, wait. Now I see!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by costalot View Post
    I completely agree this is a great idea and I hope that they will let us know what is bad by when your about to type something bad incidentally or something that you don't know is on the list it will turn red.
    As if you wouldn't know what's "Good" and "Bad" at your age... Personally when i was about 5 i knew what i shouldn't be saying...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spookytooth View Post
    because heaven forbid we have a bunch of people runnin around here sayin words like Love........
    Lol seriously. WTF were they thinking? Man...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

I have a kinda offtopic request. But since you are talking about languages this is kinda near

But could you please add to the game letters : Ä,ä Ö,ö and Å,å. (I´m not sure if you can see those correctly so they are "A" with the dots, "O" with the dots and the "A" with singel dot a.k.a "the swedish O" )

Since all the players don´t have english as their mothers tongue this would be very helpful.
    Thanks!

[EDIT]
    ps. Those letters do show up on my device keyboard but the game chat can´t reconize and display them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
    Hello!

I have a kinda offtopic request. But since you are talking about languages this is kinda near

But could you please add to the game letters : Ä,ä Ö,ö and Å,å. (I´m not sure if you can see those correctly so they are "A" with the dots, "O" with the dots and the "A" with singel dot a.k.a "the swedish O" )

Since all the players don´t have english as their mothers tongue this would be very helpful.
    Thanks!

[EDIT]
    ps. Those letters do show up on my device keyboard but the game chat can´t reconize and display them.

Oh! And by the way, I´m not sure how much you got players from Germany, but they also have some special letters that probably woun´t show on the chat. Maybe it would be nice for them also to be able to use them

..Now that I start to think about this there are a lot of special letters in all the languages, but if you could impliment even some of it it´d be great!
    Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Will acronyms such as "WTF" and "IDGAF" be on that list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Will acronyms such as "WTF" and "IDGAF" be on that list?
    In my opinion those are bad language as well. And I don´t like the fact that people can tell you in the chat stuff like "GTFO", so those also should be marked as bad language in my opinion
    I was also thinking what about the cases where you can go around the filter by adding extra letters for example if you would mark "Duck" as a bad word. Would people be able to write "Duuck" ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I noticed that late at night there are often people being as vulgar as possible. I think because they get the app free, they are trying to see how far they can push the limits before getting banned.

One of my characters has an asian name, and late at night i get tells from people that hate foreigners. Honestly, playing PL is the first time I ever encountered discrimination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

In my opinion those are bad language as well. And I don´t like the fact that people can tell you in the chat stuff like "GTFO", so those also should be marked as bad language in my opinion
    I was also thinking what about the cases where you can go around the filter by adding extra letters for example if you would mark "Duck" as a bad word. Would people be able to write "Duuck" ?
    Agreed, as well as "STFU"

From the sounds of it, you will be able to do that. Disappointing, but will prevent words like "spoon" and "It's expensive" from banning/muting/warning people. We don't want that to happen AGAIN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Agreed, as well as "STFU"

From the sounds of it, you will be able to do that. Disappointing, but will prevent words like "spoon" and "It's expensive" from banning/muting/warning people. We don't want that to happen AGAIN
    Yapp! And people can allways report these players who are writing bad stuff on purpose by adding extra letters. And now here we have a GREAT opportunity to come up with nice and encouragin acronyms such as YART = You are really talented or NMHM = Nice moves handling mobs ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And we can get rid of the anger emote cause it promotes violence maybe? And no more red colored gear cause it makes the bulls mad? Booo to unlimited cencorship
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spookytooth View Post
    And we can get rid of the anger emote cause it promotes violence maybe? And no more red colored gear cause it makes the bulls mad? Booo to unlimited cencorship
    Uh oh!!! You don't wanna make the bulls mad >:[
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What if we say something on accident, example I meant to say "DEX"but u know the other word I accidentally said this is gonna make me nervous when I'm typing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

IMO this is a case where the best intentions leads to a climate of fear. Why not just beef up the chat filter? If I am in a party with people I know will not be warped and damaged by me saying WTF why can't I say it? I understand a lot of kids play the game but not evreyone that plays is a child. It's also kind of funny people are so worried about what words kids may see but don't bat any eye when jr goes out and kills 1,000s of zombies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So..... what is the purpose of the chat filter? Kind of unnecessary if your gonna just automute people. As many kids play this game, there is also a lot of adults who play too. We should be able to turn off our chat filter and say pretty much whatever amongst eachother. At the very least, free speech should be allowed in private, password protected games. Just my opinion, not meaning this to be negative in any way.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

A dev already told me "WTF" on its own will not get you banned, and I don't see why it should. Maybe when I write it, I'm thinking "What the Fudge!"

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

For every feature we add we go through the same thing. Look, we'll tweak it. If you see a word that shouldn't be allowed, let us know. If you see a word that should be on the list, let us know. I can't help auto-correct. Make sure it says what you want before you hit enter. For words used mostly in a negative manner, they will be on the list.

Like the GCD, the mute filter will be a tremendous help to our Customer Service workload and is here to stay.

-ALS