Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inappropriate chat, auto-muting, and auto-banning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i like this idea alot, but what happens if someone accidently types it in? for example if they type in "sec" really fast, then they may accidently replace the "c" with a "x" due to their rushing. This idea is good... but it may be risky, becuase u could get banned for nothing...
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool cant wait
    Nycfanman-684

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I think that people who curse on this game ALWAYS use abriviations... the only time that someone would use an unabreviated curse here is when it is an accident (either that or they are need to learn how to deal with their anger by playing with a yoyo or a stress doll or something)... and those people are the only ones being banned/muted. i say that u should be muted (if not banned) for saying f*** leaving out the u... i dont know how many times i have seen tht... also as someone said a long while back its stupid that people are being banned/muted for saying curses when other people have that kind of stuff in their names! lol what is this world coming to?

p.s. this is not an angry post this is a post of advice lol
    Last edited by Appleisaac; 10-25-2011 at 03:59 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Appleisaac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My phone has auto spell and mutes me often anyone else have this problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I think item 1 is a terrible idea. One instance of an "insta-ban" word, intentional or not, and they're gone forever? I can see having some kind of auto mute that escalates into a ban eventually, but one strike and you're out, as determined by a computer no less, is ridiculous. There should at least be a human involved in the permanent ban process to avoid a huge amount of headache for a simple bug or mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

If there is a genuine mistake, system or otherwise, everyone can contact STS directly who can look over any chat logs and check the details/context. They do reverse some decisions, where the use is clearly out of context and supported with good reason, but rarely.

There are some words which you have to agree should warrant an insta-ban regardless of whether intentioned or not. It's only the most serious of hate language that is on the list, I think.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

It doesn't make sense for the system to be "we'll toss you out and maybe you can get a hold of an actual person to fix it if you're lucky". Zero tolerance policies always cause nonsensical collateral damage. At the very least, it needs to be more than one instance before completely flushing a person's investment in the game down the drain. Consider this: there are plenty of non-native English speakers in PL. They are the most likely ones either to make a mistake or not understand the true meaning and weight of some words. Immediate, automatic, one-strike ejection will inevitably claim innocent victims in cases like that. In any event, with stakes this high the list of the "seven dirty words you can't say on PL" ought to at least be published somewhere. OTOH, if the system has some kind of warning first, then the list need not be published because it can be discovered before the dire consequences kick in. I understand the devs want to enforce some kind of minimum behavior standard, but this proposal is far too draconian. Dial it back a bit to save yourselves the headaches of unintended consequences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The US constitution. GREAT idea on paper. And that's it. Same here. I get muted all the time because of my androids spell check. I had no idea there was an auto ban system and honestly development... its unfair IMO. I enjoy this game, I'm not a vulgar person. Nor do I feel that my ability to play a game I've put over a hundred into should be determined by a computer. Considering the amount of bugs I've experienced so far I'm a little uncomfortable knowing this this could happen. I love this game. I support you guys 100% but in this aspect. Not so much.

Android LG Optimus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ummmm Gay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

alert major muting problem
    Sometimes my paerents call so I have to say 1 sec so they know i will brb but sometimes by accident I put an x instead of a c and as a result I get muted a for my small mistake. (THE LETTERS ARE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER) and with a touch screen device and big fingers im sure im not the only one that does this. This word I am referring to should have a filter where it does not show the word rather than having a mute. It is not an entirely bad word because it is hard to use it in an insult. Also most people are smart enough to spell a word like t41z so it doesnt filter them or even like ths and they can work around it. I have worked hard on my PL and dont want it to end because of a 1 letter mistake as I mentioned above. PLEASE CHANGE THIS AND KEEP ME INFORMED ON THE PROGRESS IF ANYONE SUPPORTS ME PLEASE GUVE THIS COMMENT A THUMBS UP!!!

Livemau
    Last edited by Livemau; 02-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    alert major muting problem
    Sometimes my paerents call so I have to say 1 sec so they know i will brb but sometimes by accident I put an x instead of a c and as a result I get muted a for my small mistake. (THE LETTERS ARE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER) and with a touch screen device and big fingers im sure im not the only one that does this. This word I am referring to should have a filter where it does not show the word rather than having a mute. It is not an entirely bad word because it is hard to use it in an insult. Also most people are smart enough to spell a word like t41z so it doesnt filter them or even like ths and they can work around it. I have worked hard on my PL and dont want it to end because of a 1 letter mistake as I mentioned above. PLEASE CHANGE THIS AND KEEP ME INFORMED ON THE PROGRESS IF ANYONE SUPPORTS ME PLEASE GUVE THIS COMMENT A THUMBS UP!!!

Livemau
    Yeah, they changed this...happened to me a lot too =p

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default common accidents

What if u accidently say a word like for example cockroach in sewers

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i like this there so many ppl using inappropriate chat

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

We really need a list. My guild has a nationalistic theme where we use our own local language and English as secondary. I have been personally muted for typing words that are perfectly acceptable in our local language but not in the English Vernacular. For instance, the word "paki", in our language that is equivalent to "please", so whenever we try to ask somebody in the guild for help, we often use the word "paki" prior to a request in order to sound more polite. It's easy to dismiss this issue by saying use English, but that is easier said than done when all the members know how to speak their primary (local) language, not that it's hard, it's simply more comfortable (and nationalistic) and one of the main reasons why nationalistic guilds are established in the first place, to break the speech barrier. Another example is the word "puto", in our country that means cake rice, and our people are generally rice eaters so you will expect rice related words to be brought up at one point or the other, don't ask me why, it's just how things turn out when you have hundreds of people in a guild with the same nationality. I'm not saying that these words be legalized if it offends other people, all I'm saying is, please provide the list of those words that will cause mute or ban because some of those words are perfectly OK to other players not because they are jerks, but because these words are generally accepted words in their local vernacular. Thank you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Sometimes auto... Makes me swear! Hope this doesn't happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Sometimes a tell my friend to use dex but my auto correct comes up as..........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tootthefruiet View Post
    Ummmm Gay?
    You just lost a lot of respect from me . Saying '' Gay '' to mean stupid trying to be cool or something is not . I'm not the real meaning but I will stand up for them if some ignorant child uses that word in a childish way to be Funny and, or cool .

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elysony For This Useful Post:

Elitelink

Well I believe that one of the things that offends me the most on a game like this is the bad language used and am overjoyed that this will come into affect soon. I am sure that we can use our better judgement to know what to say and not to say, because it seems counter productive to upload a list of every bad word not to say to the forums or something. I do somewhat worry about typing errors and I have noticed that it bleeps when it right something "like look at it" or something like that bleeping the last three letters when I meant nothing by it. Anyway I am sure there will be safety precautions or hope so for those slip ups of accidental mistyping and I believe it is a good idea and will work out for the best.
    Last edited by Elitelink; 02-23-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Uhm... Guys you all do realize this is already said and done ? This is way old I just felt like saying that to him .

Elitelink

Ya but I'm sure they are constantly updating their systems and perfecting them because not everything gets blocked like it should