Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inappropriate chat, auto-muting, and auto-banning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heppy:398834
    Six Years contract -Future is Vick

Vick, 31, becomes second in salary among NFL , Only Lower than New England Patriots' Tom Brady (18 million a year) among NFL quarterbacks. His deal averages about $16.67 million per year. The news was announced last night by Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post, who has worked for the Philadelphia Eagles in the past as a contract negotiator.

The team then announced they had come to agreement on a six-year deal.The Eagles finished this evening their most pressing bit of contract-related business before the start of the 2011 NFL season -- they agreed to a six-year contract , $100 million contract with quarterback Michael Vick, which will lower his cap number this year from $16 million to about $14.4 million, a league source confirmed.

It might be worth noting that since the Eagles now definitely won't be franchising with Vick again, they will have that tag available if they need to use it on wideout DeSean Jackson, whose contract expires this season. The Eagles and Jackson have been discussing a new deal, but they are not believed to be close to agreement.
    Philadelphia Eagles had franchised Vick this season for $16 million, but he would have become an free player after the season, unless they reached agreement on a long-term deal then, or franchised him again. Had the Eagles and Vick not reached a contract by Sept. 20, they would have had to wait until after the season to talk.

Rumors that a Vick deal was close have circulated for about a week, but Eagles sources and sources close to Vick would not comment.

Eagles coach Andy Reid told the Daily News today when asked about any possible qualms concerning Vick. "He's worked very hard this training camp,"The question was asked before news of the deal broke.

when asked about staking his future on Vick. Reid said,"I have Belived in him. I know Michael vicks’ a good football player,"

Michael Vick joined the Eagles in 2009, fresh from a federal prison term for dogfighting, having declared bankruptcy. It will be interesting to see if his contract contains any clauses beyond the norm relating to personal conduct.

wtf?
    o_O
    O_o
    o_O IGN: Gotrocks/Gotstorms/Gotguns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu:266273
    I just hope nothing in auto-correct gets a ban/mute. I've typed "awwww" before in chat and it auto-corrected to "multiple donkies". Luckily, I caught it before I let it go through.
    Lol that happened to me once except it did go through! I was soooooooooooo embarased.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I think that an effective resource to use would be to have moderators. My step-daughter plays an auto racing game (please don't ask me which one. I don't knowLOL). But it works. The players like to see mods in the room when things are not right in her case it was someone cheating. But it works, thats the important thing

Moderators have a special mod login and can go any place in the game but not affect the outcome nor can they play. Mods can monitor a situation and can simply state that the behavior/language is not acceptable and institute a temporary ban/mute if it persists. A mod could also be called into an area to check things out, But if you get folks to volunteer for the position and maybe give them some kind of perk, maybe plat or gold for each hour served as mod. This way when a mod playing he /she is just that another player. Some times there is no substitute for a real live thinking person..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously automute is purely BS. I get muted for saying things that aren't even bad does sts review these mutes or would that only happen if a ban was to occur

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrykush View Post
    Seriously automute is purely BS. I get muted for saying things that aren't even bad does sts review these mutes or would that only happen if a ban was to occur
    auto mute is not "BS" its "BS" that u speak rudely IG and i think STS only reviews bans if u email them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also im pretty sure if people find what is said offensive regardless of vulgar use there is a REPORT option if the players do not like it some of us are not little 13 year olds and should be able to speak freely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Auto-mute is, by it's very nature, an automated system, and these automated system are never fully 100%. If you think there are any examples which may be wrong and might improve the system then just send them an email with the details. I sure they'll be glad of the feedback.

Also im pretty sure if people find what is said offensive regardless of vulgar use there is a REPORT option if the players do not like it some of us are not little 13 year olds and should be able to speak freely
    But the whole point of an automated system is it's automatic. Having an automatic system drastically reduces the costs, which in turn allows them to keep the main content of the game free, as there isn't a need to have staff answering and investigating as many emails/reports. Also keeps the game cool for everyone, even the one's with no restraint. What would you prefer? An expensive game where you can cuss or a free one with automated systems? Search the web and you'll find plenty of examples of paid for games where you can cuss til the cows come home. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 09-06-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

will this also happen if for instance someone says: " It helps experience gaining" bad example but till now it would have been " It help* **perience gaining" cause that would suck if you would get muted for that :S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have a real problem with the word "sex" being on the list. You've got a bunch of kids in PL that go around KILLING everything in sight, typing every variation on the eff word they can come up with, and you are worried about them using a three letter word for a completely natural act that they are all gonna do eventually??

I am obviously getting old because my imagination can't come up with the context on how this word can be so badly used. Maybe someone can enlighten me cuz either old age or a too liberal outlook is really making me intolerant of this mute system :-/

Also, have to confess, I am tired for being muted after typing "one sec" and missing the last letter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I've gotten auto-muted twice recently, and I'm not even sure what it was I said. Kind of a bummer when you're right in the middle of a run and realize you can't reply to anyone on in your team. I'm all for not swearing, but I think the system needs to be a little more choosy on what it considers a bad word. As far as I'm concerned, it should just be basically the "7 words" (George Carlin reference) and that's about it. At a certain point, words are just words. At the very least, attempting to make connections between the letters of different words is just silly. I'd bet that method of filtering only blocks anything intended to be bad maybe 0.00001 percent of the time. If you can't even say something like "push it," I think you've gone a little too fair. Nobody is that sensitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think the spellcheck on my iPhone is what's scary, since when I was trying to get a bow I said "trading str items for dex". You can probably guess what happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got muted for 5 mins. Without saying anything when I barely logged in to forest haven and I tried messaging my friend and it said I had been muted for 5 mins. What can I do to remove this from my account?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have to agree with many on this thread so I'm not going to add a whole pile of quotes. There is not much more to say than:

You might actually lose a lot of players if 'big brother' starts banning people for one slip up or something completely harmless.

My language is not foul by any means but I have been pulled up for relatively harmless humour and had stars show up in text because the space button is not recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    I predict that any time that STS saves on reviewing complaints and reports made for inappropriate text will now be spent reviewing appeals on permabans.

If I get banned and feel it was not justified I'd definitely appeal, but if it happens again I might consider whether it's worth the hassle. it takes time to contact and receive a reply from support so I strongly agree karmakali - I dont' want to waste my time trying to get back on a game if I feel I didn't deserve to be banned in the first place.

Why not just mute people? it seems to be keeping the airways clean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any Auto ban is wrong.

You already have a chat filter, add all the words to it and auto enable the filter for everyone, I believe PL already does this. If i choose to mute someone I can, and I have. (I think i have 4-6 now muted).

I can appreciate the efforts to make the game "clean fun" but at the same time at what cost are you willing to achieve this "clean fun".
    If someone can't read a word the begins with "F" perhaps mom & dad should not allow them to have a Iphone/Android. When did raising the kids become the responsibility of Spacetime Studios?
    Snub (65) Full Dex Archer

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i only have a problem with auto-mutes when my ipod has a blonde moment and auto-corrects to something to get me muted. Being a twinkologist, and constantly giving help with builds, i tend to say "dex" a lot. Well it auto corrects to "sex" which is on the list... I can understand stuff like the f word and "female dog" and it-shay, because ipods wouldn't auto-correct to it...

I've had one occasion where it auto-corrected the nickname for Richard (the D word), but i don't think that word needs to be allowed. But sex shouldn't be a biggie.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xhopx

I think it should be like IMO. Where if you say something bad, it just won't even show it. Only YOU will see it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I got muted many times for saying anything bad. If the devs would fix that everything is ok.

DL: Mia - lvl 31 | SL: Mia - lvl 48 - commando | Darling - lvl 51 - operative
    PL: Miafee - lvl 71 enchantress | Perimia - lvl 53 - enchantress

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

well how many warnings or mutes do we have until we get banned? and yes i admit i got muted a few times :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I am concerned about the instabanned list what if I say a word on accident? My account is gone? That whould suk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:265929
    Hmm, will noob be on this list?

But seriously, it's a great idea, I just hope it works well. Will save the devs a lot of time, I'm just worried it'll be like the other filter where you can't say "spoon" or anything. We will get a list, right?
    Why would they say you can't say noob or spoon? I AM a noobie. I just got this game a while ago but I'm still learning. I don't get how spoon would be a bad word??
    ~Diaxos
    DeviantArt|Twitter|IGN: Diaxos|Facebook/Shop