Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I understand the fervor but sometimes I think people forget... STS isn't developing, testing, and maintaining game code out of the goodness of their hearts (although many have a heart in the games) they do this to make a living and support IRL families. Also don't you think the people that support this with their hard earned money deserve to benefit from this support of sts that makes the game available for everyone?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I believe plat users dominate this game since the locked crate was introduce.Spend platinum=shortcut.This condition will not change,that's the reason people spending money.
    2 years playing this game,I haven't found a way to get best items without hardwork or without spending real money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    I understand the fervor but sometimes I think people forget... STS isn't developing, testing, and maintaining game code out of the goodness of their hearts (although many have a heart in the games) they do this to make a living and support IRL families. Also don't you think the people that support this with their hard earned money deserve to benefit from this support of sts that makes the game available for everyone?
    You do know they make millions of dollers every year right ? You sound like they are starving or something . This isn't about getting paid its about greed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Plat users should get benefits to an extent. Sts makes a ton of money, more than most think actually. They indeed are not on the verge of being broke. Why do you think they made level 77 on pl 300k xp? To squeeze the last amount of money they can before shutting it down. Why do you think theyre being so generous now to plat users? More than they have been?

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    You do know they make millions of dollers every year right ? You sound like they are starving or something . This isn't about getting paid its about greed
    Lmao spacetime studios doesn't make a millions of dollars per year... That's extremely exaggerated. Although I agree with fade on the game runs on money and they have every right to. I think it's sad that finally we were about have a new age of farming and now I'm regretting not buying that imbued set for a great price and waiting for new "farmable" mythics... if they ever make it "farmable" it's gonna be like teeth... and 1000-3000 of those and I'll just quit AL cuz 150 itself is a joke...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

What abt putting them tokens on elite chests like elite gold rengol chest drops 3 tokens, silver 2, copper 1... it will still take hundreds of runs to get an arcane and weeks, since new elite maps are hard.

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

The quest that the OP is proposing will take about 4 months for most hardcore-ish endgame farmers that play completely f2p.
    The full on hardcore players I doubt have enough time to play 15min*30bosses= 450 minutes/7.5 hours(no break) a day to this one game, and even if they do it will take them 2 months to earn.

Then we have the smaller plat spenders and the whales....
    The smaller plat spenders are not likely to continue to support the game if they see that it will take them so much time to obtain the tokens for one arcane item....
    The plat-whales will not even consider this option unless they are opting this as a challenge. They may do it additionally, but unlikely play completely f2p.

People who have been worried to use plat will start to use some with the guaranteed token system.
    Some people will start spending small amounts of money to obtain plat to spend with. However small this adds people who are buying and add profits to the company.

That said adding a daily will likely be far more profitable for sts then it will act negatively.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

The main aim is after all money-making...cant deny the cold hard facts
    But, the game cannot just survive on the plat users right? That is the reason it is partially f2p; the player base would be too small of it wasnt, especially for a simplistic mobile mmorpg.
    The answer is simple. Make it a sure shot drop off elite bosses. Imagining the huge length of these new maps, which will of course be the new best elites; its not going to be an easy deal...and 700-800 runs is going to take a loooong time; which is fine.
    With this , i and im sure most of the community is still ready to accept the locks and the tokens from them if the f2p still has a fighting chance.
    Rather giving farmablity a chance would increase competitiveness, thereby resulting in more lock popping. Just my opinion of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

yes i understand but plat spending should not be the main way to obtain those tokens. this way it seems like the only way to get arcanes is open locks and get tokens! buy arcanes with tokens. plat buyers should get an advantage but not this much. this way non plat buyers cant actually loot an arcane without buying it with gold after farming for so long. since this is prolly the last expansion before most quits and move to call of champions why not making stuff easier for us... put them tokens in elite chests pls.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

As many people have already said, I'm just going to reiterate it...
    Plat is supposed to be to provide an advantage to people who WANT to buy it, to speed the process up. In this case it speeds it up however it also leaves the f2p players with nothing or months of endless farming. As the nub sorcerer said (lel) if we implemented the quest idea or something based around that people who don't like to gamble/buy plat may start to realise they are getting somewhere in the game and it can only get better indefinitely if they buy plat, therefore plat purchases will increase, increasing profit for STS and then everyone's happy!!!

-Compiled of many peoples posts on this thread. Thank you for your help/replies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    I believe plat users dominate this game since the locked crate was introduce.Spend platinum=shortcut.This condition will not change,that's the reason people spending money.
    2 years playing this game,I haven't found a way to get best items without hardwork or without spending real money.
    You won't find a way to make gold without hardwork or spending money. You have to do one or the other in this game. It's been that way since I started playing and won't change.

There are plenty of games out there where you can be fully geared within a week and not spend money. But I can't seem to keep playing those games more than a month. It gets boring with nothing to strive for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    You won't find a way to make gold without hardwork or spending money. You have to do one or the other in this game. It's been that way since I started playing and won't change.

There are plenty of games out there where you can be fully geared within a week and not spend money. But I can't seem to keep playing those games more than a month. It gets boring with nothing to strive for.
    It's good to keep having things to aim for, but if the aim is to ridiculous then many people will just get despondent and eventually give up and therefore quit/take a break from the game...
    I.e. If I was to "start saving" for a fossil then I would give up in a matter of weeks lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

wait...doesnt it require plat to open lock ren gol crates..? if so that makes getting the tokens much more harder because not only is it rare to get locked ren gol crates(without lucky mythic
    items) but then you need the plat to open them..just sayin..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

True that!!
    Gold orc chests are joke.
    2-3 days for a chest which has very low chance to drop 1 crate token.
    There must be daily quests to get some guaranteed crate tokens.
    Or they can do some teeth vendor stuff like we have in trindin.
    Who doesn't like teeth vendor.
    Maybe we get to farm Orc teeth in here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Orc have fangs not teef
    Ok Orc fangs then

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk