Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57237)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    I'm sorry and no offense but I understood not a one word you just wrote
    So, what is your point? I can not get it what you want to say....sorry..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yay! Awesome update!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You would've spent the 15 bucks anyway to get all the dungeons anyway, and the shield is just a bonus thrown in. They coulda given nothing. Not saying I like the plat-for-elixirs thing one bit, but they certainly weren't obligated to give out a shield (or a helm) at all, and to complain about bonus-shield-that-directly-cost-nothing's stats is silly. Sure I wish it had better stats, as I don't twink, but again...didn't cost me anything I hadn't already spent happily.
    I only spent the $15 bc it was the only way I could play the game and there was no indication of it ever being offered for free (just like the plat faces I bought).
    It's not the same as a full game going on sale. Yes, I've bought games on sale and yes, I've bought games at full price that went on sale shortly after. But I made the decision each time to buy at full price or wait till it went on sale.
    Just like I could do for any item that comes out. Buy it when it just comes out, or later for cheaper.

But this is different. What STS keeps doing is changing their entire pay scheme. Things that cost money for some are now free. And things that used to be free (ie. Bought with gold) now cost money. It's one thing to put something on sale after a while (like the dungeon packs) and another to just turn everything upside-down and topsy-turvy. And then assume that a less-than-useful item will make up for it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am also the one who get the shield but i am not happy. The shield is not cool at all. I don think I will see it around after a week. About the helm... forget it, I am using Android which NOT even a chance to "suit" in the April-June range. I tried to get use to the GDC in the pass week. Now I have to forced to accept a shield that I will never put on. And the Platium for pots ? OK, no XP pot is fine... but I look forward to see if someone can take down OL without tank, not to mention the Shadow cave. Major change is fine. Can the team plan about the "balance" before making such changes ? Happy Birthday to PL. All good things must come to an end, anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spookytooth View Post
    I love the shield ty PL, but i can honestly say i am crushed about the elixir/platinum deal i planned on getting my 53 bird to 55 in the next day or two and then focusing on my 55 tanks grind to 56 using alot of the cash ive been saving up on water pots. There is no way i can purchase enuf platinum to keep buyin waters and the grind to 56 is extremely tedious/repetative without help, ugh. I can see why they did it but they didnt HAVE to do it is all im sayin. Just got mixed feelings bout the grind now. Strictly my own opinion of course.
    Its all about perception. I didn't make grind to 56 with that being my sole goal. I treated when i hit 55, I treated the following runs as farming runs for pinks that I potted xp for. You're going to farm anyways, so 56 will just come.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Sweet I think I'm going to get the helm. My account was created in late April I believe.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I Agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Things change. Just like many of the mobile apps out there, they start out expensive and eventually their prices drop or they become free. That doesn't change the fact that you've enjoyed countless hours of fun and entertainment already from the plat you spent. Who cares if someone gets it for free now. It doesn't change your play experience and the enjoyment you've gained from the money you spent.
    I agree with Morawk. How many of us have paid money for stupid, lame, boring, throw-away games from the various app stores (I am looking at you Angry Birds fans)? I have spent far more on other games in total than Pocket Legends, but there are none I play or enjoy as much. In fact, I have spent more time in Pocket Legends than all others games on the iOS and Android combined. Truly, this is the best game on any app store. Naturally, the plat I purchased for the campaigns was well worth it. Period.

Obviously, Spacetime Studios decided to change their business model with the game. So What? If it keeps them in business so they can continue to add content to Pocket Legends and release new games like Blackstar, I am all for it. They are running a business. You have to make money to stay in business. If you still live with your parents, you have no understanding of what kind of expense is involved paying the bills and "keeping the lights on". If you have never owned a business, you have no appreciation for the costs associated with doing business, especially one such as an on-line gaming studio. Those two facts probably rule out about 99.9999% of the flamers from having a valid opinion here.

Calm down! It will be ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

well done dev
    hopefully first 6 months can get in founder club too plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thanks Dev's. As always love the update.

Now if we can just get an enchantress to pop out of the birthday cake in Balefort.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    i always thought devs want us to spend our gold in elixiers to keep prices of items low in the future, but it doesnt seem that was the target of it..
    Yep. Prices are going to spike HARD now that gold isn't draining away into elixirs. Sux. I can't seem to get a beak in this game, ever. At least everyone is in the same boat ( except the mega-rich players and those who' ve already power-leveled to 56, of course, who totally WIN AGAIN with this update...)

Why do I keep getting the feeling the devs are continuously punishing those of us who are trying to play the game with an eye towards getting as rich/powerful as those who are already there?

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well the only thing I hoped for in the update was that the gcd glitch where u have to push a button like 40 times for it to work would have been fixed. Nope still there. Any chance this will get fixed soon????? Srry to gripe about it but its a big problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok....I've played for a bit and here are my thoughts and suggestions....

Elixirs for plat....not liking it at all. I couldn't find the thread on new elixirs that will stay though death and level change...but it's gonna take forever for me to hit 56 now. I'm halfway to 55 with my Mage...it'll be about 20 more hideout runs till I hit it! And forget about 56.

Shield....I suppose it's a nice gesture, but it serves zero function for a high level player. Most people who bought the spine are now high level... If it was a vanity item it might be kinda cool. Say if u could skin you good shield with a vanity version.

I love love love love the new combos!!!! They are a lot of fun and they require teamplay...which doesn't happen much anymore unless I'm with a group of good friends that know how to roll.

Really...if they tweaked the elixir issue I'd be a 100 percent happy camper with the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The reason behind the change to free maps is new player experience. What was happening was new players limited in funds were having to choose between maps to purchase. They end up buying BS where they can't run because of booting and they can't earn money so they beg. It destroys their experience with the game and they never purchase plat again. With this model, they get all the maps for free, get the true experience of what PL has to offer. PL gets the chance to sink in the addiction claws and they eventually spend money on plat for other things and you have a longtime income generating customer that will refer new business. Good model.

For existing players, we paid the money to play the game when we did. We knew what we were paying for and enjoyed countless hours for the money we spent. That it's free now doesn't change the fact that we've enjoyed the game all this time. The shield is just a nice bonus as a thank you for being a loyal customer.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nabidavid View Post
    I agree with Morawk. How many of us have paid money for stupid, lame, boring, throw-away games from the various app stores (I am looking at you Angry Birds fans)? I have spent far more on other games in total than Pocket Legends, but there are none I play or enjoy as much. In fact, I have spent more time in Pocket Legends than all others games on the iOS and Android combined. Truly, this is the best game on any app store. Naturally, the plat I purchased for the campaigns was well worth it. Period.

Obviously, Spacetime Studios decided to change their business model with the game. So What? If it keeps them in business so they can continue to add content to Pocket Legends and release new games like Blackstar, I am all for it. They are running a business. You have to make money to stay in business. If you still live with your parents, you have no understanding of what kind of expense is involved paying the bills and "keeping the lights on". If you have never owned a business, you have no appreciation for the costs associated with doing business, especially one such as an on-line gaming studio. Those two facts probably rule out about 99.9999% of the flamers from having a valid opinion here.

Calm down! It will be ok.
    lol. 1st of all, we are not flamers. we as a customer have the right to voice out. and since you wanna talk about business, let me just enlighten you with a little gaming business. lets just talk about simple things here: cash item in any online gaming. any form of cash item in any online game can have the price decreased but will never go free. have you come across an online game that you need to pay to play now its free. if you do please name the game and its website. you can always change something that is free to become cash item but not the other way round. and that is why i have no issue with elixir turning from gold/plat item to plat only item. if any case of turning cash item to free, a refund or replacement of same value must be given. and that is why the shield is given. so let me get back to my point. the shield is NOT COMPARABLE to a REFUND or REPLACEMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    The reason behind the change to free maps is new player experience. What was happening was new players limited in funds were having to choose between maps to purchase. They end up buying BS where they can't run because of booting and they can't earn money so they beg. It destroys their experience with the game and they never purchase plat again. With this model, they get all the maps for free, get the true experience of what PL has to offer. PL gets the chance to sink in the addiction claws and they eventually spend money on plat for other things and you have a longtime income generating customer that will refer new business. Good model.

For existing players, we paid the money to play the game when we did. We knew what we were paying for and enjoyed countless hours for the money we spent. That it's free now doesn't change the fact that we've enjoyed the game all this time. The shield is just a nice bonus as a thank you for being a loyal customer.
    well i totally agree to your point. yes making it free is a good thing for people who does not have income like those who are still studying or still very young at age. but you have to understand that by giving a shield that will sit in stash for most player doesn't serve a purpose of a refund. will you ever buy a pack of tissue paper with PL logo on it at the cost of maybe 9 USD? tissue player is much more useful than that shield too.

and similarly, for those who have no income or young at age, who still manage to save up pocket money to buy plats for maps, now finding its free and then just getting the shield, how would they feel?
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-18-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nabidavid View Post
    I haven't read everything on this thread but this is the smartest post I've read in a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

... popped in and played for a few min...

1) For me LOVE THE COMBOS ... I like to see more skill and techniques as I suggested prior
    2) Elixer changes... sounds like the appropriate changes forth conning to keep on plat, but who knows maybe enough back lash like GCD (which i didnt think was a big deal) to get gold prices back on um... but any nerf brings out the pitchforks and torches...
    3) Many thanks for the shield... love the class model changes wish the mage got a new model though ... mostly just wish I qualified for the helm (android guy)...

Happy Birthday ... mash your face in a cake as is customary for a 1st .... THEN finish celebrating like it was your 21st...

~Elvix
    ~Elvix... UnGuilded... Insert cool picture and witty comment here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This update has many good things and the free maps is great for the overall player experience. There is no power leveling now so players are forced to play the game and enjoy it completely. If you paid for it then you must have enjoyed every bit of it, I know I have. They are changing their business model and I like how they are doing things so far. Only thing is elixirs and they said they where working on it.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I wish the elixirs weren't platinum-exclusive items. They won't sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    I wish the elixirs weren't platinum-exclusive items. They won't sell.
    Devs are working on the pricing and they will introduce elixirs that prevail after death or zoning. Lets see if they come up with a 1 or 2 hours elixir for 10 plat.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just ran a few hideout runs and managed to get a couple Mega combos off with some friends. Lol how rewarding does that feel when after u see those huge words pop on your screen, makes u feel more beast awsome touch to the gameplay and goes great with the GCD timing/precision oriented theme IMO.
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!