Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57237)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilbyrdie View Post
    As for those looking for a challenge of seeing if their Lvl 1 twink can solo the sewers... well, a simple enough change would be to check the max level on the account rather than the player.
    I'd support this as my second choice alternative, if the restriction is here to stay.

Just like when maps were locked we only had to unlock them once on each account, so it would make sense to only have to unlock the campaigns once.

Any players who don't want the low level around can just say to him "bring your higher level" and they'll know for sure he has one.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I still feel that this update punishes mid-echelon players and has made the gap between super-rich (in game) players and ppl who have already power leveled up to 56 very unfair.

With the elxir-gold-drain gone, CS prices are going to skyrocket and 55 lvl players are going to suffer.
    What you have to understand is that if CS prices skyrocket, your pink drops skyrocket in price after sale so it's all relative. So unless you are planning to purchase pinks with only gold earned in mob drops, this isn't too big a problem.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I'd support this as my second choice alternative, if the restriction is here to stay.

Just like when maps were locked we only had to unlock them once on each account, so it would make sense to only have to unlock the campaigns once.

Any players who don't want the low level around can just say to him "bring your higher level" and they'll know for sure he has one.
    Good points; it does fit, too.

I also just came to the realization that I might have to level my bird before returning to the ice zone. Why? Because I've had enough practice playing that my bird is flying through the quests -- mostly solo -- and is now about a full campaign ahead of where he should be. This was not the case with my enchantress, who was right on or behind. (Leveling is so fast at the lower levels, it's often hard to finish quests before out-leveling the zones they are in if you don't go about them quickly and efficiently.)

Thing is, I like to find items that I can use. Farming in a 30 zone with my 50 doesn't feel productive. Grinding in a 35 with my 25 also doesn't feel productive. When it's just right, I find useful items, and can stay engaged with the content because the xp and the items are both relevant.

My point? Most people don't have that problem with their first character through. But subsequent characters will usually be ahead of the curve, and now held back for basic grinding before moving forward.

A problem? Not sure.

You might just find an awesome low level pink while grinding in the boss-dense zones before moving on to the next areas.

In the meantime, your low level may accidentally help other low levels grind faster. I've been surprised by how bad some of the birds are at the same level as mine. It's like they don't change items or even have any... and they certainly have no idea how to set up combos, etc. But when they end up in a zone with my bird, the pace is much faster... (And I'm sure I'm no where near what Physio -- and other bird experts -- could do with a Level 20 something bird...) But, maybe the other folks learn from me because I'm not just powering through with my 50s friends...

Yet, could my bird be of any real help in sewers or ao3:vl? Probably not yet. Maybe in the low 40s...

So, I can see it both ways. But, I see that getting rid of most of the complaints would be with folks who have high level chars and can hold their own.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by takabus View Post
    hey. you should well think of this way. do not measure the cost of the money with your own way. this is not only belonged in The united States of America. isnt it?

It also can be found it the Television commercial. than now. how can you just measure the worth of 10$ for all of the users?

moreover although the cost is very cheap, you have to get right of customers. think about it..there is 1$ candy you bought..and it is decayed.

there are kinds of like you people just ignore it, cause it is only 1$. isnt it?

but there are also kind of people who would claim to the company. because the people like this, also like you people kinda think only cheap thought also can get customer service.

think over twice before you say son.
    I'm not sure about WHY they changed all the main maps to free, but it really doesnt affect the people who have paid for the maps. After all the people who have paid for the maps thought it was a good idea at the time.

Of course I understand that not everyone is from the USA, in fact on the forums I get the feeling that perhaps only 50% are, but that doesn't change the fact that at the time whoever bought the maps thought it was a good idea.

Obviously STS is trying to draw in new players. I think the free maps idea is possibly going to backfire on them. I don't understand where their revenue is going to come from.

As far as candy decaying, it will decay if you leave the package open for 3 to 4 months. Once opened one should consume the contents quickly to ensure the optimal experience.

Nonetheless if I offended you with my disposal consumerism, then I apologize Id probably feel differently if I spent $100 rather than $10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whats with the blank bullet point? and Where did Players Online at the main menu go? D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My point? Most people don't have that problem with their first character through. But subsequent characters will usually be ahead of the curve, and now held back for basic grinding before moving forward.
    Nicely brought forth. Thank you lilbyrdie. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ummm thats cool! anychance I can get the helm from my original acc on the one I use now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Hi, I don't have much feedback because I am on vacation.

One thing so far. If a recommended level is 15 to 20, then level 13 can join, but Shalerock says that my level 14 is too low. Is each map within a campaign the same minimum, or do these increase? Will Shalerock admit my character if I level up to 15? How can I find out?

NO WAIT... I can't host as a level 14. OK, I see now...

forget I said anything...

thanks
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 04-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

love it so much...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same point as Snakespeare - My lvl 39 should be able to join or host AO2 (within 2 of recommended 40-45), but I can do neither. I can lvl to 40 pretty quickly in AO1 but I'd like to be able to join AO3 at 43 instead of at 45, as this is my 3rd char. Thanks.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My enchantress levels sooo slow that im basically getting every campaign done in one or two levels, requiring me to grind the next 3. Surely that isnt intended. Rather than giving away maps free the devs should be creating lower and higher level campaigns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Sorry, updated the original post with text that was already in the game patch notes:

• Anyone that purchased any Main Spine content within the last 3 days will have their Platinum refunded.

-ALS
    so for those who purchased any main spine within the last 3 days get platinum refunded while those who purchased main spine's map before the last 3 days gets the shield. not trying to be rude but here's a question for you: do you really think that shield is worth any close equivalence to the cost of main spine's maps?

If you do think so, then I will just tell you straight you are being very ungrateful to players who supported you believed that this is the best mobile game.
    If you don't think so, then there are 3 way you can make things right. 1. Work out some refunds not less than 30 along with the shield. 2. Remove the shield and have a full refund. 3. Remove the shield and give us something more useful and comparable to a refund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hooray for the devs! I am also sure they will get toasted for the elixir deal, but hey... if you want extra powers, pay. If not play!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also hate to sound ungrateful but I do agree. I purchased all the campaigns barely a month ago and this took most of the £12 I spent on Platinum to do. For it all to become free barely 4 weeks later makes me feel really cheated - not least because the shield is a really poor reward in terms of both usefulness and aesthetics.

I'd ask the good and attentive folks at Spacetime to have a good think about upping the reward for genuine long-term supporters, as well as those who were later to the party like me, but who still took a big leap of faith and paid some hard-earned towards their success. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuo Kaibutsu View Post
    I also hate to sound ungrateful but I do agree. I purchased all the campaigns barely a month ago and this took most of the £12 I spent on Platinum to do. For it all to become free barely 4 weeks later makes me feel really cheated - not least because the shield is a really poor reward in terms of both usefulness and aesthetics.

I'd ask the good and attentive folks at Spacetime to have a good think about upping the reward for genuine long-term supporters, as well as those who were later to the party like me, but who still took a big leap of faith and paid some hard-earned towards their success. :-)
    I agree....

my suggestion is to have a tiering system where people who joined the first 6 mths of the game gets a certain loot and the next 6 mths another kind of loot.

If its the same loot, at least have it different colors to distinguish the players who have been playing longer then others... also, dont keep giving out the loot when other players meet the 6 mths requirement, that doesnt make it exclusive..... to people who have been supporting from the beginning and it doesnt make sense.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vol View Post
    My enchantress levels sooo slow that im basically getting every campaign done in one or two levels, requiring me to grind the next 3. Surely that isnt intended. Rather than giving away maps free the devs should be creating lower and higher level campaigns
    During what levels? 10-25, IMO, are superfast and I've outleveled the quests multiple times.

25-35 leveling in relation to quests was slower, but I still generally was finishing quests after I hit the end of XP for the campaigns because leveling was so fast.

45-50 is a different story, but even there, hunting down 100 things from bosses -- where not each boss drops the thing -- is way more than enough to level several times before finishing the quests.

Just my experience, though...
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My stash was full at the time of the Birthday update and i didnt get shield is there any other way to get one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

During what levels? 10-25, IMO, are superfast and I've outleveled the quests multiple times.

25-35 leveling in relation to quests was slower, but I still generally was finishing quests after I hit the end of XP for the campaigns because leveling was so fast.

45-50 is a different story, but even there, hunting down 100 things from bosses -- where not each boss drops the thing -- is way more than enough to level several times before finishing the quests.

Just my experience, though...
    I'd say 25-40, I blow through the content and have nothing to level. It seems I have to grind through 2 or 3 levels for every 2-3 I gain because I run out of content. Its fun though, I get to know all the maps intimately And I enjoy it so its no real biggie, especially when I get surrounded by a good tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the acknowledgement; without Pocket Legends we'd all be looking for something else to do lol.
    Thanks for the shield; I'll gladly wait for the helmet.
    Don't always agree with the changes that are done; but still it's a great game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuo Kaibutsu View Post

I totally agree, I purchased all maps on the 25th March and now they are all free, and all i get in return is a frankly rubbish shield. When i purchased my platinum i bought extra under the assumption that the developers would be adding more content to the game that i would have to buy. All they have done by changing they payment method is to allow themselves to get paid by making little or no changes to the real content of the game , rather than getting paid for adding new maps and levels they now get paid when we use an elixir.

another poster stated that most of us don't understand since we don't run business etc, well I do. If I totally changed my charging structure without a decent amount of notice my customers would be up in arms

If they were planning to make the main spine free they should have notified people at least a month in advance, perhaps 6 months since this is the cut off point for the helm. why is it people who paid in the last 3 days get their platinum back but not 4 days, 1 month or to be totally fair everyone who has wasted platinum on something that is now free ???