Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57237)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Dang, I can't stand the whiners. Oh no, you payed $5 for a game that now people can play for free. How about you look at it like paying $5 to be apart of the elite group that got to play the game before everyone else. The real release was today and you got to play it for a year before people joining now who get it free, for ONLY $5!

Actually, I want STS to make more money because then they will have more manpower to develop more content and make the game better. If that costs me, god forbid, another $5, then I'd be happy to pay and I hope they get as many others who love the game to pay as well.

That being said, making the entire chain all the way to BS free is a bit confusing to me, at least from a business perspective. The entire idea of offering a "free" game is to get them to see how great it is and then put in money later. If someone plays 30+ levels, I'm pretty sure you are going to get a good conversion rate of people who only wanted to try it cuz it was free, to people who realize how great the game is, have made friends and want to keep going. They could have made a few of the lower campaigns free and kept Alien Oasis and BS paid, or even just BS paid if they want people to get more "addicted" before making the pay vs. quit decision.

The other reason for keeping some of the later campaigns paid would be that it would take the revenue earning pressure off of the elixirs. Obviously, if you make one portion of the game that used to generate revenue free, you must make it up in another way. I don't think making all elixirs cost plat is really the best way to go in this version of the game, but I am 100% confident that STS will adjust the game appropriately. I am sure they will introduce a cost-effective XP Pot (persistent through death and zoning) which will make sense for people to use. Also, they will either change the tank/damage elixir purchase method/cost or adjust bosses to not require them.

After my initial dislike of the GCD, I stopped playing for a few days. When I resumed, the GCD "fix" was implemented and I resumed my usual 3-4 hour a night consumption of PL. I am a happy customer and believe they will adjust everything appropriately. Right now, actually I'm just excited to go try those new combos!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    If you are truly doing this for the challenge, then it can still be done, although it won't 'look' that way. A level 40 bear that only uses 135 stat points, 25 skill points and sticks to gear level 25 and under is equivalent to a level 25 bear.
    Yeah that sounds like fun - not. Even I'm not hardcore enough to do that. As you say, part of it is the bragging rights of pulling it off as a low level. I remember, one time Badtee, Chantilily and I put together a level 14ish team and did bayou boss brawl. We then ended up teaching a couple of random 30s who joined how to pull bosses for efficient farming. They said we were awesome XD - and we didn't ever tell them we had higher levels.

Also for April 1st I made a level 30 twink, told my BS farming party I had to leave and then came back as the level 30 they didn't know. The host was in on the joke and told the party she felt bad to boot me because I potted. I then proceeded to roundup in Stronhold - no tank pot! - and actually managed to pull it off, although I did die after I beckoned. Then proceeded to run through the rest of the map, rounding up in all the places I knew I should - just to see if I could do it, and yes it worked more or less and with a good few deaths. Finally one of the people said, this had to be a joke because I was too good for a level 30. That's the kind of stuff that keeps me in PL once I reached the endgame.

Anyway, non-twinks might also want to take a different route than the default one. Don't see how this would be a better game if it were more linear. It's an easy casual game after all, why not let people wander around and join friends who are of a different level, or get a taste of the higher level dungeons even if they get killed, so they can tell themselves "I'll come back to that terrible boss one day and kick his behind!"
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    why do you have to be suck a jerk dude it was a simple question and i wasnt asking you for an answer i was asking to whoever knows the answer
    Well, "Dude", I can't stand ppl who can't wait for an answer for more than 5 minutes without complaining nobody had answered their question in 5 whole minutes! When you say "Wow you guys are of no help", which is a "jerk" thing to say in the first place, after 5 measly minutes, you lose the right to call anyone a jerk.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ok, to be completely honest, the update was kinda disappointing... This is supposed to be the BIGGEST event of the year for this game- let alone any MMO. I was hoping for a new anniversary campaign. Where the loot was level capped, so we could farm for twink items. I was in a rush to make a level 10, 15 and 20, JUST for this event. And secondly, plat only for elixirs? This is reminding me of the GCD. If it ain't broke, dont fix it. I cant believe that I've used around 400k on exp elixirs trying to level up to 56. Now I dont even feel like trying to level up to 56 now, I'm halfway there.

Now onto the good stuff, I was happy with the shield and helm reward for us veteran players. However, the helm design is quite bland, just a different paint job than the BS helms, which I have seen countless times from STS. I'll probably buy the party hat, I'm a sucker for these kind of things, lol.

On the whole, I was quite disappointed about this "BIG" birthday bash update. Hopefully more additions will come out tomorrow.
    Happy Birthday Pocket Legends!
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts

I've updated what we're going to do with the Founder's Helm here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Founder-s-Helm

We are also discussing what to do about elixirs and are considering having some (but not all) elixirs available for gold.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You people just cannot watch your words. I am done here. I see people calling other whiners, flamers and many. No matter is it against me or with me, is it so difficult to write with a bit of manners? Anyway, however the case is, i am still with the protester side. Call me a whiner, flamer, loser or whatever you can think of because everytime you call someone a bad name, it just show how much manners you have.

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

We are also discussing what to do about elixirs and are considering having some (but not all) elixirs available for gold.

-ALS
    Thanks for responding but i see no answer about those who are concern about a more appropriate refund or replacement regrading maps turning free case.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-18-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

-ALS
    Thanks devs, hopefully I can continue my journey to 56 without breaking the bank (IRL)
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I still feel that this update punishes mid-echelon players and has made the gap between super-rich (in game) players and ppl who have already power leveled up to 56 very unfair.

With the elxir-gold-drain gone, CS prices are going to skyrocket and 55 lvl players are going to suffer.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    hey guys do you still get the shield if your banned?
    LMAO... Seriously?

If you really are banned from the game (don't know why, so I'm not judging) worrying about whether or not there is a shield sitting in the stash of your banned account seems like the least of your problems. I would worry more about fixing whatever you need to (and stop flaming people here, calling moogerfooger a jerk, etc) so you can keep playing - then worry about the shield. Complaining and being impatient probably isn't going to help get you unbanned, I'm assuming.
    Star Legends: Addicted, AddictedTank, AddictedEngi | Pocket Legends: AddictedElf, AddictedBird, AddictedBear | Arcane Legends: AddictedMage, AddictedRogue, AddictedTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I heard the Party Hat means an automatic pink! And disables the Keeper's shield

Mooger, put that in the in-game rumors thread please! :P
    Last edited by kallima; 04-18-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: forgot quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Sweet, thank you for letting us know that you're thinking about it.

If I had a vote I'd go for having the normal (less effective) elixirs be gold and the premium ones plat. This wouldn't change gameplay too much and would still let people who have too much money burn it to get that little bit of extra advantage. And please keep some sort of XP elixir for gold, even if it's just the 2X one. It's so useful for people getting their friends to level their twinks (less of a grind and more of a fun few runs chatting with friends), or for endgame players who have nothing to burn money on except leveling to 56.

On an unrelated note, to the people who keep complaining about having spent money on maps before: have you ever bought a newly released non-mobile video game only to have it go on sale a few weeks later? If you ever bought a new videogame then I'm sure the answer is yes, because that's how they all work. Same thing with PL. You paid for having access to the maps early. Now that it's been out for a year it's gone on sale. You don't see other videogames that have been out for a year offered at the same price as the day the came out, do you now?
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

-ALS
    Thanks this is great (ahem*xp elixirs*ahem)!

How about the dungeon level requirement?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like a great set of changes!! Thanks again, STS!

I think the only one I'll grumble quietly about is the change so elixirs can only be purchased with platinum. That's going to slow my extremely slow leveling down to nearly a halt. However, does that also correspond to the change where elixirs were going to last a fixed amount of time, regardless of death and zone changes?

Even so, I doubt I'll ever use elixirs again. This will make some bosses much more difficult. Though, with the change in levels in the areas, perhaps they'll be less needed as we won't have to make up for weaker party members anymore. We'll see. Too busy to go play at the moment....

But, there's no way that, for instance, 3x experience for only 5 minutes is worth 62.5 US cents to me (the $50 pack reduces the price per platinum to 6.25 cents a piece, the $90 pack is even better). And for those who can only afford the $5 packs, we're talking $1.66 for 5 minutes. And that's just for the XP elixirs, never mind the tankers and warriors ones that allow some bosses to be far more doable.

I'm still liking the 1 platinum revive cost, but I've wasted it a few times, though not purposefully. A full party will have died, I'll have used it to revive them, then they just leave... no etiquette, I tell ya! But that's 6 cents. If I'd just spent a buck or two in elixirs for a boss and the party left, I'd be a bit peeved. Certainly a lot more peeved than when that's happened when I've spent gold on them.

Update: Reading a few others posts, I hadn't even thought about the extra gold that I'd have if I wasn't spending money on elixirs. Realistically, it's about the only thing I do spend gold on, aside from a few CS purchases. Even pots are split between gold and farming them and no where near as much money goes into them.
    Last edited by lilbyrdie; 04-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    This is unfair to Android users.
    I agree, and sent a pm to STS. Regardless of their decision, I'll support it. If Apple users had not made this game successful than an expansion to the Android platform may not have happened. That being said, from what I've read Droid users generate more of a revenue stream than Apple users - unsure if it's because we have less options for Tapjoy or because Apple market options for games make it that much more competitive - either way I think Android users should be recognized as well.

***I am NOT trying to start a debate about APPLE vs. everyone else, so please withhold those comments, thank you!***

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I'll mention a little bit of what I said in chat,

There are people out there who will be willing to spend plat on elixirs, but it will solely depend on how it is packaged.

As an example, imagine running SC with a group that all has a persistant dumpster elixir that lasts for one or two hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately my characters are not leveled enough so I did not bought Balefort Sewers and others too high levels on time. And as I use Android, i'm ineligible for the Helm. Is it possible to buy the missing levels in some way and get the shield ?
    Happy Birthday PocketLegends, I wish you a long life !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I'll mention a little bit of what I said in chat,

There are people out there who will be willing to spend plat on elixirs, but it will solely depend on how it is packaged.

As an example, imagine running SC with a group that all has a persistant dumpster elixir that lasts for one or two hours.
    And in that case, unless something is changed, only those who spend the plat will be able to enjoy/survive those maps. Or at the very least have a huge advantage over those who don't.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #238
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    Thanks for responding but i see no answer about those who are concern about a more appropriate refund or replacement regrading maps turning free case.
    Sorry, updated the original post with text that was already in the game patch notes:

• Anyone that purchased any Main Spine content within the last 3 days will have their Platinum refunded.

-ALS

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Yeah that sounds like fun - not. Even I'm not hardcore enough to do that. As you say, part of it is the bragging rights of pulling it off as a low level. I remember, one time Badtee, Chantilily and I put together a level 14ish team and did bayou boss brawl. We then ended up teaching a couple of random 30s who joined how to pull bosses for efficient farming. They said we were awesome XD - and we didn't ever tell them we had higher levels.

Also for April 1st I made a level 30 twink, told my BS farming party I had to leave and then came back as the level 30 they didn't know. The host was in on the joke and told the party she felt bad to boot me because I potted. I then proceeded to roundup in Stronhold - no tank pot! - and actually managed to pull it off, although I did die after I beckoned. Then proceeded to run through the rest of the map, rounding up in all the places I knew I should - just to see if I could do it, and yes it worked more or less and with a good few deaths. Finally one of the people said, this had to be a joke because I was too good for a level 30. That's the kind of stuff that keeps me in PL once I reached the endgame.

Anyway, non-twinks might also want to take a different route than the default one. Don't see how this would be a better game if it were more linear. It's an easy casual game after all, why not let people wander around and join friends who are of a different level, or get a taste of the higher level dungeons even if they get killed, so they can tell themselves "I'll come back to that terrible boss one day and kick his behind!"
    Keep in mind that your pro team at Swamps/Sewers/anywhere else is an extremely small minority; I'd bet that nearly 95% of low-leveled characters at higher-leveled campaigns are first-time players that shouldn't be there, or don't even know where to go so they decide to just pick a random campaign to join. I for one think the minimum level to join campaigns is a great idea since it does push players into playing areas that they're supposed to.

The other option to combat power-levelers and/or "noobs without direction" is to only restrict XP in each campaign to a certain level limit but keep the campaign open for everyone (like if the recommended level was 35-40, then levels 33 to 43 would receive XP). I can see this as a viable option to those who want to experience a challenge like yourself, and also to combat power-leveling and leading noobs to the right area to level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Mooger, put that in the in-game rumors thread please! :P
    oops, already done it earlier.....

Also appears the Founders Helm is now available to people who joined 6months ago... see http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Founder-s-Helm
    Last edited by Redbridge; 04-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand