Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57272)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Elixirs cost plat now, so the game has to be made easier.
    {shrug}
    Actually i think its better now!!! the amount of morons on lvl 55 who doesnt know how to play will be less now... i also really liked that the minimum level is a must for dungeons!! that way people will grow with the game and learn to play.. you wont really see too many high lvl players with 0 quests done..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuz 4 Mel View Post
    OMG Nice! One question, Where did Players Online go on the main screen? I found that helpful so i knew when was a good time to play
    I think you can blame that one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well will take a lot longer to each high lvl chars. Like the lil shadow caves path.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    First? I'm still waiting for the join button fix but thst should come soon

Bah missed it :l
    join button is a client issue 1,7,1,1 was submitted
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

btw i cant see how many people are online in the start screen did you change that as wel? any reason for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    [*]Attempting to cast an ability which appears to not be on cooldown will cast that ability as soon as it is available to be cast, if it was actually not quite ready at the time of the attempt.
    I am still confused how this is now. I tried to tap 4 skills and all of them queued. Unfortunately, only 2 registered and the other two are still available for casting. Anyone having the same experience?
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

man i love the MEGA COMBOS
    i like it a lot this really adds some to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    I am still confused how this is now. I tried to tap 4 skills and all of them queued. Unfortunately, only 2 registered and the other two are still available for casting. Anyone having the same experience?

It's the "not quite ready" part -- I think they've given the GCD a small fudge factor for touch so if you try to time it just right, and hit it 1ms early, it will still trigger -- just 1ms later when it's actually available. Exactly what that fudge factor is (1ms? 5ms? 20ms?), they haven't identified. This should only be possible with one skill at a time.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On Combos:

My bird shows the "Combo" bubble with just a single skill attack now. Specifically, I can host a zone, go in, find a single mob, not cast any other skills at all, and poke them with repulse shot and see the combo text.

On Level limits:

Not sure if it was this update, but if I'm doing a quest, my character ignores the level limit. When the particular dungeon I join is cleared and the "go to next" button comes up, if the next button is beyond my level limit, it doesn't load due to the restriction.

This has been nice, because when I was doing the Frost King quest with my 24, I got into the frost king area with a group of 28-32s. We made it to the frost king with little issue. The four of them died. I finished it off, from about half health. Needless to say, they weren't very good or had crappy equipment or something. He's not that hard.

I hope this is on purpose. Since many quests are have their own level limits, you at least have to show you can make it through the quests to get into the areas. The only goofy part is when you can't return to the area without the quests or keep going with your party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omerojs View Post
    that way people will grow with the game and learn to play.. you wont really see too many high lvl players with 0 quests done..
    Dont let the number of quest completed fool ya. I was lv45 when they added the quest system. Now im lv56 and have no
    intenction of doing any quest. I have like 9 done, and those were by accident.
    Quest teach nothing about gameplay, they only teach non farmers how to earn loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoShaan View Post
    Dont let the number of quest completed fool ya. I was lv45 when they added the quest system. Now im lv56 and have no
    Quest teach nothing about gameplay, they only teach non farmers how to earn loot.
    Strange view on quests.

I consider quests to be the "Game."

Farming and grinding are just side things to do -- time killers more than completing anything "productive." Not saying they aren't satisfying, but if there's not a next quest to complete, why get better equipment or stats? (With the exception that we can hope there will continue to be a push up in level on quests, too.)

Are the quest rewards always worthwhile? Nope. That's something STS needs to work on, I think. Some of the rewards, though, are very worthwhile.

And, no, I don't PvP. That is different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

?? I've clearly been playing this game all wrong......
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    ?? I've clearly been playing this game all wrong......
    Noob!!!!!!!!!!! (j/k)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Wrong. As a new low-lvl player, they teach everything about gameplay, as in you learn how to use your skills to fight your way through low-level dungeons.

Maybe for someone who was level 45 when quests came out, they are pointless...but for all the other new people, they give them something to do while you learn how to play and learn your skills.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Wrong. As a new low-lvl player, they teach everything about gameplay, as in you learn how to use your skills to fight your way through low-level dungeons.

Maybe for someone who was level 45 when quests came out, they are pointless...but for all the other new people, they give them something to do while you learn how to play and learn your skills.
    See.... that's what i thought too.... But clearly we've all been doing it wrong... I'm off to delete all my characters, unlearn everything and start all over again......

Or maybe not..... I too think quests are a vital part of the game and not doing them is a mistake... only my view though
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I realy dont like where this is going..

First the gcd and this "one plat rev" Button.
    Now the plat for elexir and what about this "pseudo" queue Button? It dosent work for me.. maybe because i am Not playing ond a multi Touch phone? So are they again in a better position?

I think they dont Show the "players online" anymore because people would See that people are leaving the game. I bett that in a view months, when enought new players are playing, they will Show it again.

Of course there are plenty of cool new things ( all the towns, new quest, Set Bonus and the Level req.)
    But the positive changes are only minor from a play-fun perspective.

Sad to say, that i dont like the big changes.
    (not English-speaking and writing ond phone)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Have to sound off on this one. It's about time and thank you for making the change to keep low level players from hosting spots they didn't belong in. Great catch and change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

until when will be earn free plat closed