Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY honest opinion on no power leveling and pots for plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Red face MY honest opinion on no power leveling and pots for plat

First of all- lovin all the updates.

Thank GOD!! Finally the power leveling mynas/keeper generations will PERISH!!! I love the whole non power lvl thing. Finally people will play in the right campaigns and fewer noobs will be born. Although it will be a pain lvling twinks, and i dont think the whole lvling system is perfect yet, its a step in the right direction. I think the lvl ranges should be alot wider, like 10-12 lvls, because if i can run plasma pyrimid without gcd with a 3 of lvl 20 twinks, it can definately be done post gcd with lvl 35 chars. Another thing is that we need better bosses for our lvls. We need some bosses that real strategy is needed to defeat. The stratedy should char each time yu fight the boss just a little, to keep us on our toes.

Now for the plat for potions. I know that you guys always need more money, and With gold for potion ylu dont make plat off them- but potions if not nessicary make this game faster. And when this game is a little faster, its truely mobile and you dont have to put in hour after hour like i do. I knkw many use the xp potikns, and im nkt gunna lie i use emike crazy, they allow me to lvl and get chars whwre i want withkut taking to much time kut of my real life. True this players will have to use more strategy, and will become better, but i fear we will alsolose players who juwt dont have the time to endlessly grind. Now that everyone cant power through plasma pyro and keeper, there will not be as much gold in arterra, and people wont be buying as many pots anyways, but i still think pots for plat is not a good idea.

Just my 2 cents. Anyways lovin the excitement and new stuff like shield of gratitude, party hat (though the ballooons are still a mystery).

Sorry for spelling typing on ipod and its about to die so im hurrying, might rant more later,

And remember im wearing a flame-proof suit so leta juat have fun.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My thoughts are the same =) cept for the pot for plat.. well I have a mini-thread on that
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever - if you don't want powerleveling in the game then get rid of the elixirs. Charging real $$$ for a 5 minute buff is downright GREED. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not even angry,
    I'm being so sincere right now

Yes, of course, it's good for the game & bad for those who thought they were on a certain track & now find the path is twice as far as it was when we started.

But these things happen. FWIW, with the entitlement mentality around here, I understand the crying would be twice as bad if they made it twice as easy instead as twice as hard (as half of us deserve< /obligatory Bilbo>).

It's strange to think that what the first guys that made 50 to 56 in five days did would now cost over $500.

On the upside, it feels like the mobs are weaker now & megas are cool.

Two things that I hope they consider:

1. Post the next campaign release date well in advance, with guidance of the horizon date that if you make 2k exp a day you are not going to make it.
    2. Change the description on the crown for those who make it under the new, harder deal to something like "Gcd? No elixirs? No games to join? No problem!"
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Reducing the xp needed to 40k would be ideal considering there is no more pot runs, and to be fair to players who now have to play it right. I don't think lone would have finished when he did if he had played with no pots.

Also, you said in Arterra SNIPED
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

thank god those elixiers was removed... i dint like any of them. i leveled my bird to 56 almost without, and this week may my mage will be 56 without any xp pots. i would have enough time to level my bear to 56 too.
    the crown should be only something for hardcore players, so it deservers to much lesser ppl and keep ppl playing!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    Two things that I hope they consider:

1. Post the next campaign release date well in advance, with guidance of the horizon date that if you make 2k exp a day you are not going to make it.
    2. Change the description on the crown for those who make it under the new, harder deal to something like "Gcd? No elixirs? No games to join? No problem!"
    I'd be proud to wear a Level 56 "Crown of Tough as Nails"
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy Profts vs. Play Experience Solutions

Sorry Gang, I am truly disappointed in the elixirs being nixed for plat. As an adult who owns a Medical billing business I totally understand the need for profits. In my business its key for us to get everything accounted for in the billing to get the most and accurate profits. However if my profits are at the expense of losing the Dr's loyal and repeat patients, I only hurt myself since I am no longer billing and collecting those fees.

I strategically think the free maps were a step in the wrong direction. There are plenty of folks joining and playing the lower level maps, I think it’s what encourages and set expectation to move forward to purchase other maps. MAPS on the other hand are what people really want and are encouraged to get once they can’t go any further. IF Elixirs is going to cost plat, why would anyone want to buy and for that matter 5 minutes?

If profits are really the concern here along with carving out more development time for blackstar to be focused on, some solutions could have been…

1. Bump up the plat cost on maps AND added new maps to the existing blank spots. As an example, it could have been the “Lost Maps of Oasis” and etc… in the store-line....cha ching$$$.
    2. Cap the maps at certain levels which would require new maps to be purchased. It would gave also solved some of the booting because “Your level is too low”
    3. Create rewarding quests that cost plat and that take time and are rewarding. Raise the stats on the in game store armor packages by a plat or two.
    4. Allow elixir uses via a paid pass. I’d buy a pass in the store for x plat. This would allow me to purchase elixirs via gold perhaps at a discounted rate.

Truly the only Elixirs worth getting would be damage and/or armor. The absence of or cost of these really do slow the game play down for mobile users looking to jump on for a few and makes it a little less interesting after the newness of PL’s blitz and glitz wears off. Are Elixirs needed? Heck no and not saying that it is, I just think it was the wrong solution and thus recieved the undo attention.

Economically I can potentially see the lower level pinks being worth something since leveling will be slow and that could raise prices a little, however since the market is saturated with so many common pinks and the game play is slower, it lowers the attention span for users who want to jump on and have a good and rewarding experience for small period of time.

For you long time players….I’ve been with PL prior to A02, so please don’t be flip to respond. Give it some thoughts and then respond.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well no xp pots means i dont rly lvl my chars amymore.. So right now im hardly on till its fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dont get too excited. ive ran into several power levelers today....level 22 and below in ao2. seems B* is so important that these guys forgot how to write code.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like power levelling... Normal levelling for me is annoying because of my time zone. When I'm normally online, there's hardly anyone online...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this thread is totaly bodacious!!!!
    well said conr
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ROFLMAO, the world is Alterra, not the forum member Arterra!
    But anyway, I think that is its a private game, then anyone with the password can join, to prevent leechers and to make life easier for us with high level characters wanting to level up low-level characters. I reckon that the attack, defense,2x exp and 2.5x exp should have the option to pay with gold. The rest can just be bought with plat (However, I'd prefer that all elixirs should have the option of paying with gold, but I think this is a solution to make the devs happy and us happy)
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well for elixir i can see what the end game for the devs is.... too make money. However i fear this wont affect them in money wise that much, and make poor people like me (uni student) not really be able to buy them anyways, ultimately a no win situation with very little added benefit for the developers.

So i suggest being able to buy elixirs in bulk. Lets say for lower level elixirs you can buy, say 10 for 1 plat. Then for upper level elixirs 10 for 2 plats. This is cheap enough so people will spend plat to be able to get enough elixirs to be worth it. Overtime these plats will add up quickly and hopefully with the increase spending of people willing to buy the income from this will also increase.

Now how will this work... well in order for this to work efficiently think of it as your spending plat on say a ticket that you can use anytime for any elixir that the tickets good for. I suggest at the top of the Elixir buying page there be two main headings. One that shows the amount of high level elixirs you have, the other low level elixirs. Next to these you see a plat button which when click leads you to option of buying 10 more for 1 plat/2plat.

Now each time you actually want to USE an elixir, it would be like it is already, cept instead of taking away from your plat, it takes away from the amount of elixirs you can buy at the top of the page.

In summary, able to buy 10 elixirs that can be used any time 10x5 = 50 mins, make this cheap, like buying in bulk idea, so people will still be willing to spend plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Pretty well agreed with all you wrote. Maps (IMO) are a much better incentive to buy plat than elixirs. Since release, I've seen 2 instances of elixir usage. Granted, that does mean some people are using it, but I still say if I'd entered the game as it now is, my plat usage would have been fractional and not required any RL money purchasing. Tapjoy alone would have sufficed so the new move befuddles me some.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After playing for a few days i really prefer the old way better then now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish the attack and tank elixirs were baught with gold. What is the point of gold if your lvl 56 with the best gear? I understand the exp elixirs costing platinum, but 3 plat for a 5 minute boost? I think they will be actually losing money now. Poor people can afford 20 bucks for some maps but not 500 dollars to go from 1 to 56 with elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bump...keep thread going... Good idea durnam.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default pots

Pots for plat sux....can't afford to waste real money or time...keep trying and u can totally screw this game up...just pissed off...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karvinn@sbcglobal.net View Post
    Pots for plat sux....can't afford to waste real money or time...keep trying and u can totally screw this game up...just pissed off...
    I recommend not using your personal email as your username.