Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Still having skill not working glitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Default Still having skill not working glitch

didn't they say they fixed it? Still having it where I'll click it repeatedly, and it will only momentarily flash and no do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

No it has not been fixed yet but STS is aware of it. I'm sure it will be fixed fairly soon.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I'll ask the techy type folks tomorrow and see if there is an update I can let you know about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'll ask the techy type folks tomorrow and see if there is an update I can let you know about.
    Awesome, sounds good, def gets annoying at points lol. Thx Samhayne!!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I could've sworn in that news box on the main page is said they fixed it...

lemme check

EDIT: don't see it in the patch notes on the forums, but I thought it said something along the lines of "We fixed the problem where a skill's cooldown timer did not display correctly, showing the skill to be ready when in fact it was not"

Maybe I'm just losing it...
    Last edited by Otukura; 04-19-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I remember reading that G said they had no luck reproducing this bug or glitch.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I remember reading that G said they had no luck reproducing this bug or glitch.
    Hmm, if so, can anyone experiencing this flicker glitch list what they were doing when the bug shows up? Class, skills you are trying to use, your ping, your device type, anything else that might be useful to reproduce it?

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post

Maybe I'm just losing it...
    Probably

j/k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I use an iphone4. I am experiencing this problem where my skills don't register. It happens all the time with all my skills, in PvP and in PvE. I mainly use a bird, and my ping is usually fine. Today, while farming vyxnar in Shadow Cave V, my evade skill wouldn't activate at all, as well as others, but this one was made most salient to me at the time since I was being ganged by 2 djinns and vyxnar himself (due to fail pulling lol).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

In the case of buffs, try checking your buff bar when it won't work.

I've never experienced a skill (buff or attack) not working at all. The glitch lies in the skill not going into it's actual cooldown even after it's been activated.

So for buffs, you might have actually used it already and its working, but the skill just isn't cooling down which gives the impression that it hasn't worked at all. This usually happens when you do 2-3 skills consecutively and as quick as possible.

Could be wrong, but I've been trying to reproduce it myself too, and I never get a skill not activating if its the first one I use. But when I go Rage > Iron Blood > Evade, the Evade skill icon is still showing it can be used, but when I click it nothing happens. Although when I look at my buff bar, my evade buff is there.

After timing the actual cooldown of Evade (30 sec), I use it again, and it works. Skill icon coolsdown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

After timing the actual cooldown of Evade (30 sec), I use it again, and it works. Skill icon coolsdown.
    CD is 30 seconds + the GCD cooldown

They CD for spells doesn't start until after the GCD is up.

irt me losing it: Last week I confused a Sandy and a Jordan with each other... one's a girl and one's a boy. I've known them for years. but it took me at least 20 minutes to figure it out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In the case of buffs, try checking your buff bar when it won't work.

I've never experienced a skill (buff or attack) not working at all. The glitch lies in the skill not going into it's actual cooldown even after it's been activated.

So for buffs, you might have actually used it already and its working, but the skill just isn't cooling down which gives the impression that it hasn't worked at all. This usually happens when you do 2-3 skills consecutively and as quick as possible.

Could be wrong, but I've been trying to reproduce it myself too, and I never get a skill not activating if its the first one I use. But when I go Rage > Iron Blood > Evade, the Evade skill icon is still showing it can be used, but when I click it nothing happens. Although when I look at my buff bar, my evade buff is there.

Elly, you might be onto to something, good sir. I'll pay attention next this happens to see whether the the buff did take affect, although I am fairly certain this wasn't the case :/. Either way, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    CD is 30 seconds + the GCD cooldown

They CD for spells doesn't start until after the GCD is up.

irt me losing it: Last week I confused a Sandy and a Jordan with each other... one's a girl and one's a boy. I've known them for years. but it took me at least 20 minutes to figure it out...
    Too much farming Otu!

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    Elly, you might be onto to something, good sir. I'll pay attention next this happens to see whether the the buff did take affect, although I am fairly certain this wasn't the case :/. Either way, I'll keep you posted.
    Yeah I initially thought it wasn't working at all. Then I noticed a lot of dodges on my bear, which brought me to my buff bar. It might be "hidden" too, especially because of mage buffs. I've had countless times my Evade buff doesn't show on my bar because I have the 2 mage buffs on, Rage, Iron Blood, and Taunt, and there's a maximum of 5 icons on the buff bar if I'm not mistaken.

Let the devs know, Rax
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-19-2011 at 09:53 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

If anyone comes up with a reliable way to reproduce this behavior, please do let us know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I was asking around about it, and it seems to always be the skill that is mapped in the lower left of your skill buttons. It only happens for my 3 chars on that button, and my friends who had it told me the same. So it might not be skill-class-device related, but position related instead. It doesn't happen always though which could make it difficult to reproduce.

Anybody else who can confirm this?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I was asking around about it, and it seems to always be the skill that is mapped in the lower left of your skill buttons. It only happens for my 3 chars on that button, and my friends who had it told me the same. So it might not be skill-class-device related, but position related instead. It doesn't happen always though which could make it difficult to reproduce.

Possible, though my Evade is on the upper right. Totally opposite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post

Interesting. My evade happens to be be in the very bottom-left as well. It has happened with other skills, but predominantly with evade. This could be a coincidence since Elly reported the exact opposite. But still something to work with..
    Last edited by XRAX; 04-19-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

This is what I mean by the skill icon not "cooling down" despite being activated :

As you can see on my buff bar, Rage is buffed yet my skill icon shows available. This isn't possible since that would mean I could constantly have Rage on. When I try to click Rage, nothing happens. It shows it's being clicked, but nothing happens.

I am able to use Rage again after 28 seconds that the buff came on, which is the actual cooldown of Rage.

I was able to reproduce Stomp as well, but it's hard to take a photo of stomp since there's no evidence it was used.

Stomp and Rage are in the upper right/middle of my map.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol and to make matters more confusing it happens to me on my upper left skills. Only my evade and iron blood do it. Ping is fine. Around the 300 mark. And only on my iPad haven't noticed it on my iPhone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I got this today, I believe it happened right after getting through a lag spike. Playing my Mage, iPhone 4. My other spells would work, but BoV would not. I'd keep tapping it, it would just flicker dark for a millisecond or two, then back to its regular color. I tried it like 20 times, it wasn't registering at all -- the spell never took. I finally gave up, used some other skills, and it cleared itself up eventually. But it was quite frustrating. I've had it happen with other skills as well, but never for that long.

Edit: My BoV is second from the top on the left side.