Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

Maybe here we can put suggestions for pricing that we think are good ideas that the devs can consider... A little PL brainstorm

I think regular and premium pricing might be good...
    10 plat for regular campaign with ALL extra features to be bought w additional plat.
    30 plat for premium campaign that includes the extra features in the cost.

Or maybe we can pay 200 plat for a carte blanche for all the new game features that come along- we just have to still buy campaigns and whatever vanity items we want...

Like a Lifetime PL Pass
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe something like that would be good, but only maybe.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

LOL, what an awesome thread to read!

We'd love full feedback on all pricing:

- Sales
    - Consumables
    - Item Packs
    - Dungeon Packs
    - PvP Packs
    - Respecs
    - Character Slots
    - Gold
    - Inventory/ stash
    - Vanity Items

What do you want more of? What do you not care about? What is too expensive? What is a bargain?
    Last edited by Justg; 05-25-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I honestly thought it was kinda ridiculous we had to pay for PvP. :/
    Natatat: Warrior Raion: Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nat like I said but I will say it again

lol guys think about how
    much money your spending on other mmo games? This is free and is asking for about 7$ dollars for the 35 cap and pvp maps it's not even done yet !!!!! This game when complete will be like guild wars and guild wars is 30 $ if you guys think your getting ripped off you really aren't be a sport stay with the game and over the summer when it's complete you will be happy !!
    also this is on apple devices portable were ever you go !!!! So be happy that spacetime
    made this game!! They work very hard were about 2 months in so you can't excpect it to be complete by 2 months and the fact the app is free right now is awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

And I love !! How pvp is balanced me
    and my friend went 1v1 he
    had ofc the best warrior stuff zombie shield zombie armor and a ( copper heads trident )(not the best)
    and I had ofc best archer stuff snipers bayou bow (which I found in 1v1 is horrible
    suggest a talon) and snipers armor and (assasins dead eye derby (also not the best) but we went on for 1hour!!! I eventually killed him but he then pulled
    out copper heads armor and copperheads battle sword and pawned me and it went back in forth very balanced and as for enchanters I have found also pawn(healing) lol thank you enchanters who heal me IN pvp !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

And sorry if this is
    spam posting but I also think like a roman colloseum would be really cool for pvp !!! maybe add a lion(like ref) !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    And sorry if this is
    spam posting but I also think like a roman colloseum would be really cool for pvp !!! maybe add a lion(like ref) !!
    its alright, by the way I can tell that you are posting these are your iphone/ipod touch.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't mind spending 'real' money on the campaigns and such IF it is a reasonable price, like Thelonearcher said...other MMO'S usually cost. But my husband and I were a bit surprised by some of the high prices such as 50P to change ur name?!?
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Changing your name is not very necessary though, but i agree it should be around 20-25 plat. Because 30 plat is $5, i dont think its really worth it to spend more than $5 just to change your name. but again, name changing isnt vital to gameplay.
    but ive been wanting to change my name from Wetphart to FriedSushi for a while now. FriedSushi is mine in all the games i play
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    LOL, what an awesome thread to read!

We'd love full feedback on all pricing:

- Sales
    - Consumables
    - Item Packs
    - Dungeon Packs
    - PvP Packs
    - Respecs
    - Character Slots
    - Gold
    - Inventory/ stash
    - Vanity Items

What do you want more of? What do you not care about? What is too expensive? What is a bargain?
    Besides that Croc Bullfrog Helm, there is no good m/s gear for Warriors. I would pay a dollar or two for a helm with 2-3 m/s
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Name Change is a unique situation with pricing. If it is cheap, people will grief, change identities and grief again. Think about it in terms of all the recent scamming. If a name change was easy the scammers would never gain a poor reputation since they could shed their skin like a snake's.

Our experience has shown that we need to offer the service for those really in need, but make it a luxury item so folks don't abuse the anonymity and identity change that comes with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name Change is a unique situation with pricing. If it is cheap, people will grief, change identities and grief again. Think about it in terms of all the recent scamming. If a name change was easy the scammers would never gain a poor reputation since they could shed their skin like a snake's.

Our experience has shown that we need to offer the service for those really in need, but make it a luxury item so folks don't abuse the anonymity and identity change that comes with it.
    The price for name change is fine. I would leave it as is.

Overall I am pretty happy with the new prices, but I was also fine with the old prices. I think I was one of a few people who wasn't part of the angry mob against prices.

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, I agree, name changing is not necessary to game play, I was just surprised to see something like that cost so much! Oh, and I just looked up and read some other posts...guess I forgot to refresh...yes...I DO agree with the price after reading the reason behind it from JustG up there... I am all for paying for the new campaigns when they come out, after all, the game has to make money to continue to grow and the devs must continue to make rent,eh...I am fairly happy with the prices, especially with the patch that lowered some of them such as the stash space which I did purchase more of today!

Thanx guys and keep up the good work...<raven>
    Last edited by Darkchylde; 05-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hopefully with discussions like these we can come up with a pricing scenario that everyone is happy with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe, what a coincidence. Was literally going to post almost exactly the same topic and then saw Furrawn had beaten me to the punch. I think it would be good to list what you would happily pay for and about how much, what you don't want to pay for and finally what you would pay for if it was available.

Willingly Pay For

1. Campaigns. I think the current 10P per new campaign is very reasonable. If there was a large one, or somewhat special, I'd happily pay up to 20P.
    2. Special Equipment. Currently the 2P for special equipment is good. I'd much rather see a different approach to this however. See below.
    3. Character slots.I feel the current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however.
    4. Respecs. Current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however. A totally new skill system however with purchasable branches I'd love. See Below.

Not Willingly Pay For

1. Gold. I can get enough of this in the game already. I don't think you should be able to purchase in-game currency. Especially if it ever becomes more useful than just potions.
    2. Inventory Slots. No interest at all. A totally new idea with inventory and purchases however. See Below.
    3. Stash Slots. No interest at all. Feel this should be unlimited and free.
    4. Emotes. No interest in buying this at all. Helps to add life and colour to the world. Should be actively encouraged as free.
    5. PvP. I have no interest in this aspect of the game at all. I don't see the current price as unfair however.

Willingly Pay For If It Was Available

Guilds
    1. Guild Setup. Setting up a guild should cost P. Maybe 50P to setup a guild.
    2. Guild Badge. Purchase of a badge to enter a guild. 2P.
    3. Guild Buildings. Should be different types and costs appropriate to them. As you spend more you get more resources. Guild Storage Stash. Guild Bank. 10P-500P
    4. Much More. I'm sure there will be HEAPS of different ideas that come out around this and all cost P to purchase.

Quests
    Probably my favourite.
    1. Quest Items. In particular items required for great equipment. Have a Jewel seller who sells precious jewels. Purchase deterrent levels of jewels for P. Quest with those jewels and rare equipment for a cool final item. Proc weapons etc. I would MUCH prefer to get fantastic equipment through purchasing the raw materials and then having to quest for the final item rather than just buying it from the shop. Make some quests absolutely epic. Have pink quest items that you need to find, and raw materials you need to purchase with P. Same quest, different purchased items would result in different final item. One direction would result in a sword that had damage proc, other way healing proc. Take the really long path, with a lot more rare and purchased items and you get a weapon that does both.

I'd pay 25P and spend a LOT of time questing for a fantastic, very rare, geared to what I want item.

Skills / Classes
    This requires a complete change to how skills work:
    a. Make them tree structured.
    b. Keep the current three base classes.

I'll use a Warrior as a starting point, as I play one. Warriors with no customisation will follow a pretty standard, increasing damage, increasing self defence skill path. Most well known RPGs have a good handle on this. They would have three main paths through the tree:
    1. Damage
    2 Self protection; dadge, parry, evade, etc
    3. Tank; rescue, bash, attract enemy, etc

At stages through the path a warrior could spend P to branch off. Jump across to the self healing path, early stages of the healing path of an enchantress. They could then start getting heal, bless, armour etc. They are becoming a Paladin. Conversely they could jump across to the pure damage part of an archer class. Get dual wield, bow skill, sneak, trap, etc. Now they are a Ranger.

Expand this concept across all three classes and you can easily get a heap of different classes, that people can choose to become, and in my opinion will happily spend P to get to.

I'd spend 20P to open up the self healing branch for my warrior when I could. I want to be a Paladin.

Inventory
    I don't like the current idea of buying slots. In it place, and I'm afraid this will take a bit of work, I think equipment should have weight. As you hold more in your inventory you get weighed down. The more you are overloaded the slower you move, the lower you AC and damage become. Now to counter this add bags. Standard bags will help a little, backpacks and the like. For Plat, my preference via a quest, allow people to get magical bags. Can carry a lot of weight with no effect. In essence people will buy inventory slots, but not feel like they are just getting ripped off. I'd much rather spend 10P on a bag that can hold 250 items without encumbrance than buying straight out 250 inventory slots.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more.
    Last edited by Gavry; 05-25-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Add reputation, ah-la ebay to a player irrespective of their name. Scammers are then sorted no matter what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great ideas, Gavry...I can tell that you must be an avid gamer,eh <raven>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchylde View Post
    Great ideas, Gavry...I can tell that you must be an avid gamer,eh <raven>
    Use to play a fantastic MUD, Toril/Sojourn, when I was at Uni.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gavry View Post
    Hehe, what a coincidence. Was literally going to post almost exactly the same topic and then saw Furrawn had beaten me to the punch. I think it would be good to list what you would happily pay for and about how much, what you don't want to pay for and finally what you would pay for if it was available.

Willingly Pay For

1. Campaigns. I think the current 10P per new campaign is very reasonable. If there was a large one, or somewhat special, I'd happily pay up to 20P.
    2. Special Equipment. Currently the 2P for special equipment is good. I'd much rather see a different approach to this however. See below.
    3. Character slots.I feel the current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however.
    4. Respecs. Current price is fine. Currently no real interest in this however. A totally new skill system however with purchasable branches I'd love. See Below.

Not Willingly Pay For

1. Gold. I can get enough of this in the game already. I don't think you should be able to purchase in-game currency. Especially if it ever becomes more useful than just potions.
    2. Inventory Slots. No interest at all. A totally new idea with inventory and purchases however. See Below.
    3. Stash Slots. No interest at all. Feel this should be unlimited and free.
    4. Emotes. No interest in buying this at all. Helps to add life and colour to the world. Should be actively encouraged as free.
    5. PvP. I have no interest in this aspect of the game at all. I don't see the current price as unfair however.

Willingly Pay For If It Was Available

Guilds
    1. Guild Setup. Setting up a guild should cost P. Maybe 50P to setup a guild.
    2. Guild Badge. Purchase of a badge to enter a guild. 2P.
    3. Guild Buildings. Should be different types and costs appropriate to them. As you spend more you get more resources. Guild Storage Stash. Guild Bank. 10P-500P
    4. Much More. I'm sure there will be HEAPS of different ideas that come out around this and all cost P to purchase.

Quests
    Probably my favourite.
    1. Quest Items. In particular items required for great equipment. Have a Jewel seller who sells precious jewels. Purchase deterrent levels of jewels for P. Quest with those jewels and rare equipment for a cool final item. Proc weapons etc. I would MUCH prefer to get fantastic equipment through purchasing the raw materials and then having to quest for the final item rather than just buying it from the shop. Make some quests absolutely epic. Have pink quest items that you need to find, and raw materials you need to purchase with P. Same quest, different purchased items would result in different final item. One direction would result in a sword that had damage proc, other way healing proc. Take the really long path, with a lot more rare and purchased items and you get a weapon that does both.

I'd pay 25P and spend a LOT of time questing for a fantastic, very rare, geared to what I want item.

Skills / Classes
    This requires a complete change to how skills work:
    a. Make them tree structured.
    b. Keep the current three base classes.

I'll use a Warrior as a starting point, as I play one. Warriors with no customisation will follow a pretty standard, increasing damage, increasing self defence skill path. Most well known RPGs have a good handle on this. They would have three main paths through the tree:
    1. Damage
    2 Self protection; dadge, parry, evade, etc
    3. Tank; rescue, bash, attract enemy, etc

At stages through the path a warrior could spend P to branch off. Jump across to the self healing path, early stages of the healing path of an enchantress. They could then start getting heal, bless, armour etc. They are becoming a Paladin. Conversely they could jump across to the pure damage part of an archer class. Get dual wield, bow skill, sneak, trap, etc. Now they are a Ranger.

Expand this concept across all three classes and you can easily get a heap of different classes, that people can choose to become, and in my opinion will happily spend P to get to.

I'd spend 20P to open up the self healing branch for my warrior when I could. I want to be a Paladin.

Inventory
    I don't like the current idea of buying slots. In it place, and I'm afraid this will take a bit of work, I think equipment should have weight. As you hold more in your inventory you get weighed down. The more you are overloaded the slower you move, the lower you AC and damage become. Now to counter this add bags. Standard bags will help a little, backpacks and the like. For Plat, my preference via a quest, allow people to get magical bags. Can carry a lot of weight with no effect. In essence people will buy inventory slots, but not feel like they are just getting ripped off. I'd much rather spend 10P on a bag that can hold 250 items without encumbrance than buying straight out 250 inventory slots.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more.
    I agree with alot of it, but one thing I do not agree with is Guild Badge, because it should be free to join a guild, but the leader, commanders, and officers of the guild would have to approve a guild join request that someone would send if they wanted to join that guild.

Gold. I think that the price should be greatly reduced.
    Inventory Slots. I think that the price should be 10p.
    Stash Slots. I think that the price should be greatly reduced, like 75 stash slots for 15p, and I think there should be a 250 stash slots for 30p, and a 500 stash slots for 60p, and a 1000 stash slots for 120p.
    Emotes. I only agree that the price should decrease to 3p.
    PvP. I only agree that the price should decrease to 8p.

Guild Setup. This should be 50p and 3000gold to create a guild.
    Another guild idea, is to allow officers, commanders, and the leader of a guild to invite players to their guild. Of course this would mean that there would have to be a mailbox in-game too.
    Last edited by Flamin; 05-25-2010 at 09:08 PM.