Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Smart People...

Like I said. I love you. Its like he read only my posts, and told you exactly what I was feeling.

Breath......

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, I agree, name changing is not necessary to game play, I was just surprised to see something like that cost so much! Oh, and I just looked up and read some other posts...guess I forgot to refresh...yes...I DO agree with the price after reading the reason behind it from JustG up there... I am all for paying for the new campaigns when they come out, after all, the game has to make money to continue to grow and the devs must continue to make rent,eh...I am fairly happy with the prices, especially with the patch that lowered some of them such as the stash space which I did purchase more of today!

Thanx guys and keep up the good work...<raven>
    Last edited by Darkchylde; 05-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hopefully with discussions like these we can come up with a pricing scenario that everyone is happy with.

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great ideas, Gavry...I can tell that you must be an avid gamer,eh <raven>
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchylde View Post
    Great ideas, Gavry...I can tell that you must be an avid gamer,eh <raven>
    Use to play a fantastic MUD, Toril/Sojourn, when I was at Uni.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

HEY how about that 45 plat I spent last night for 25 stash.
    NOW it's only 5 plat? That's over a $5.00 difference.
    Imagine I say how ripped off I feel and others that recently bought this also.

OK I want a REFUND for my purchase, who do I talk to.

Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm betting e-mail would be a better place to try and get an answer.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

nerdherd is correct, please contact support(at)spacetimestudios.com Steverd.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    nerdherd is correct, please contact support(at)spacetimestudios.com Steverd.
    Will do Thanks!
    Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As I have said before, I really believe PvP maps should be free. I think what would work better is if you released one new PvP map per expansion. So lest say when Alien Oasis comes out and you buy it, you would receive the PvM aspect and then a FREE PvP map also.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.
    I have no problems with you releasing lets say PvP packs. I am just saying, people have been complaining about money. What if you just added one PvP map per expansion? You guys could still pop out PvP packs which are optional. It just gives the people who can't keep forking money over, like the kids who play this game, a chance to still participate. I know you have released two maps already, but those are only 3v3. I just think it would be a good idea to release a new PvP map per expansion. Little things make people feel their money is being better spent.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and the pvp maps should come in a bundle free of charge with the expansion lvls. Pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

People are barely playing pvp, and now that you have made 6 3v3 maps free, it's only gotten worse. I paid for all the maps that were releaed the moment i could. Now the only reliable thing to do is play the free maps, because the majority of people haven't played and it's impossible to fill a 5v5 without getting a guild together first. I'm disapointed that STS did this to be honest. It's killing the paid maps.

I really think STS needs to start ignoring the complaints of players who don't want to pay. PVP is effectively free now, and it's worse for it. Not to mention the fact that the investment in the 3v3 paid maps that players made has no basicly been stolen from them. The only legit complaint about pricing of platinum was the cost of the stash slots. The flip floping on pricing makes the players who are happy to pay in the first place, realize it's best not to spend a dime and just wait for updates to be free or be reduced.
    And the end result is the devs realize they aren't making money off the updates, so why spend the time making them good, or even make them at all.

STS, you guys need to wait out cheap players who complain for things to be cheaper. Give it a week or two next time and they will pony up the cash.

Posted from iPhone, sorry for typos
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-28-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A possible way to monitize on this would be to simply let 3v3 maps be free, and 5v5 maps be a paid feature.

I would have to say that there are to many map sets, and not enough people playing pvp yet. I feel that guild rivals will increase the usage of PvP, and 5v5 would be welcome by larger guilds.
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think subscription fee would be suitable for this game say $5 a month gets you,
    All expansions
    25-50 bank slots
    A lot of inventory, not saying unlimited just a good amount
    PvP maps
    1 respec per month, or a gold amount to respec not plat
    3 characters slots

After the $5 a month i would be willing to still pay for,
    Items, 2plat is a good amount or a gold amount option would be nice
    Extra characters slots over 3
    extra stash slots over 25-50
    Potions/elixirs
    Name changes
    Making a guild, not to join one

Also I'm very glad Ob brought this point up, its been something that has been bugging me for a while just didn't want to make a post on it :-)
    ~Voxed lvl 45 Warrior
    ~Voxxxed lvl 45 IntBird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Genius!

Love u Voxed!! He's a genius!!! TY Ob1 and Vox shoot.. U 2 nerdle
    Last edited by Gwendaline; 05-25-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add Voxed and Ob1 n nerdle

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think it would be a good idea to offer one free PvP map per expansion, so that way you have to pay to get it but it's not an extra fee. Then maybe you could have a pack of premium PvP maps that are either ridiculously awesome or that offer different modes of PvP (or both!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its actually $1.33 per campaign pack. I think?... I do agree with that price. I also believe that is the only thing we should have to pay for with cash money. If pets are incorporated into game play, I would be willing to pay for those as well. So far I have bought just about one of everything including an extra 75 plat just in case something amazing happens Like Angel wings.. or something like that. Maybe a tiny pterodactyl that follows me everywhere and has a tiny "rawr" and grows with experience to eventually have a giant 'RAWRR" or "SQUAK"..... just saying. But I don't want to spend anymore of my plat on things that should be purchased strictly with gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow- there are such great ideas here!

I bought the pvp pack & didn't mind paying for it at all...I would have been happier to get 3x3 and 5x5 both for 10P since I already own the campaigns. Maybe a premium price for new campaigns could include all the maps for the campaign? But, still the price was fine

And vanity items? Lol I'll pay a few plat for a pet accessory or a Santa hat. I LOVE the Ursan Warlord armor on my enchantress so maybe masks/face paint? My characters represent me out there playing, right? I'd love to be able to individualize my characters. And a cool weapon w great stats?
    2P each?
    I'm in...

Imagine my shock this evening to find out my hubby has bought weapons & garb w plat! He's a diehard gamer. I swear when each Halo comes out, I have to stand in front of the tv to see his face! Lol Same for when an expansion pack for Warcraft comes out.
    So...he's in for vanity items too... And weapons/garb

I'm a such newbie. I know plenty about guilds from books I read. Terry Pratchett anyone? But I know zero about guilds and gaming I asked my hubby. He feels very strongly that guilds are an essential element of a complex and long-lasting game and that as an essential element they should be free. Note: like me, he's fine w purchasing pvp maps for 10P. As for me- I need a guild tutor. I'll pay 10P. Lol

I figured the steep 50P cost to change a name was to deter scammers. It makes sense to me.

JustG- thanks for all you're doing...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage