Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Living in the middle of the war ... ofc I mean (Horror vs Magnum)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    The game is a bit dynamic in terms of name perception and any individual entering a pvp room. I've played for longer than I care, and regularly used to fight friends for pure fun. I enter matches and get called on right away even though I still only use gear from last season and 2 seasons ago. I'm sure it's the same for you (sans the gear part).

The only old friends I still do this with are people like Serancha, Ravager, Safiras, Ceonatrah etc. - I find if I try to play just for fun against rival guilds it creates drama and I get trash talked till they are blue in the face. Examples include : Go join Horror, you'll always be Magnum, and other things said that my forum account would be banned for. I've found my faves are old school players from season 1,2,3 who will fight just to have fun - they don't care anymore, and to be honest, never cared anyways. We all used to hang out in the middle of the pvp room and play, most have quit and have been replaced by people who feel like they need to make a statement.

It's mostly ego and over involvement in things that don't matter in life; people need to justify their pixel existence, and overly so. It's never going to change really, I'm sorry. Guild clashes are fun though, it would be sad to lose that. PvP in AL is fun but my favorite times in sts pvp was with Dark Legends peeps 5 years ago - that was so fun I had a hard time pulling away. TBH some of the best AL pvpers came from DL, because it relied all on skill and not gear because everyone had the same gear.

Numerous people have said before and will be said again : Every match you join is a specific instance and will rely on the people making up STS's online community at the time. Since you tied your name to Horror at one point in time certain people will always see you as that. As an insomniac, playing at a certain time will also differ completely in your experience from another time (especially so if you are in a guild that has extreme rivals - see horror / magnum). Depending on the time the curve will dip to one another's advantage.

Wishing luck in everything,
    -Jexy
    Thought you quit the game.
    Nice point though!
    Those times...i remember when we used to kill trulle in TDM and make an armistice with the other team even if we didn't know each other....
    I started playing in season 4...there wasn't any rivalry between guilds...and even if there was,it wasn't like today.Back then,pvp relied on skill and a good team...there was no such thing as "ganging","blocking" or "flagger"...everyone who had the pvp achievements was a pro player.Now,nearly everyone has them because "kill farming" and stuff like that.
    I'm sorry if i triggered some tears,it's just...what it was back then,and what it is now...

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    It may not be official but their is certainly and alliance. In many cases PR have called & fought with Horror. However I agree that Impervious just has a common enemy with Horror. In no situation have they called anyone from Horror.
    Calling Horror has nothing to do with an alliance. If we were allied we would not kill each other yet we do. The reason Horror is called is because PR and Horror both want to kill Magnum as a priority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Calling Horror has nothing to do with an alliance. If we were allied we would not kill each other yet we do. The reason Horror is called is because PR and Horror both want to kill Magnum as a priority.
    People call because they have no other outlet to achieve success through. A simple cartoon explains AL and how life works in general :

Name:  knife-fight.png
Views: 283
Size:  69.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Thought you quit the game.
    Nice point though!
    Those times...i remember when we used to kill trulle in TDM and make an armistice with the other team even if we didn't know each other....
    I started playing in season 4...there wasn't any rivalry between guilds...and even if there was,it wasn't like today.Back then,pvp relied on skill and a good team...there was no such thing as "ganging","blocking" or "flagger"...everyone who had the pvp achievements was a pro player.Now,nearly everyone has them because "kill farming" and stuff like that.
    I'm sorry if i triggered some tears,it's just...what it was back then,and what it is now...

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk
    Toate cele frumoase, poartă și ponoase. Right Dimi?

Love to all -
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    People call because they have no other outlet to achieve success through. A simple cartoon explains AL and how life works in general :

Name:  knife-fight.png
Views: 283
Size:  69.4 KB

Toate cele frumoase, poartă și ponoase. Right Dimi?

Love to all -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

As always - LOL@PVP
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Hey guys its Qkf over here.

As some of you guys know, I used to be in Magnum. I was a lvl 23 twink though, so I did not participate in endgame wars. I just want to say that, in all my months of staying in their guild there have been few times were anyone actually stated, "Come here to gang", "Lets block these nubs", etc. Im not saying everyone in Magnum is amazingly nice and everything, just when you are pvping and arguing think about the whole guild before you say something about them. 1 or 2 players are not a guild, a guild is a family, and I know there will always be annoying family members . Just think before you guys say something about a whole guild.

For the record, both are great guilds. Magnums a veteran guild mostly with older, experienced players while Horror is the same but also a newer more close knit guild. Both are amazing with great GM's and great PvP statuses. I respect both of them deeply.

Best of Luck Thinking it Out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Its the way people treat each other. Only way they would be able to fix it is by doin what koomy said "Grow Up". There is really noone to blame for both of each sides drama. Like seriously i have been in Pride/Karma/Deathwish/Magnum and people actually know me and all they do is just gang gang. So i decided to just quit its a bot ridiculous with all this drama. So lamee... People grow up and Face it that somebody will be victorious. Not by tourneys or nothing but just by skill. I remember when mag mentioned horror had not won a single clash in a week... Thats a cool story bro. Nice to know. But dont have to rub it on other guilds... & Btw Shoutout to the way Pinoy rules plays. Block and still lose Lol...

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

All of us enjoy the game and what is most important is that you have fun. There is no need to put anyone down in the process. If you have any specific concerns you are more than welcome to PM me. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com