Thread: Double xp weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Double xp weekend

I dont know if this has been suggested before, but seeing as its spacetime's birthday, they should make a double xp weekend this weekend. What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would support this. I'm trying to get some friends to try it, so a 2x exp weekend event would be a good time to do so. Also since they have unlocked the main spine for play, it would allow more players to get level capped faster.
    History favors the BoldSuck it Italics

Cinderspella lvl 3X Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm against it. It doesn't benefit those who spent the time and money getting to 56. The dev are trying to make the game last longer, not shorter. A lot can be done in one weekend.
    Last edited by Ayrilana; 04-20-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure whether this is a good idea. One reason for pricing xp elixars could be to reduce consumption of content. If there was a double xp weekend, then everyone would be Level 56 by monday.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am ok with it if there is a "normal mode" button because I don't want the double XP on my toons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I also don't want to see multiple "I'm level 56 so now what do i do?" threads.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

since they practically took pots away, go ahead!

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don't think that this is a good idea. First off it will take away the joy of reaching levels 45-50 from 1. Second, players will fly through lower levels and won't gain tactics, experience, etc. Just like level 50+ players with less then 10.000 kills Third, loads will be level 50 in no time and then what. With this you have a very short span of attention and even more players asking for new content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i used waters almost every run up from 54 to 55, but you bring up a good point, new players would get to like 20-30, 2x xp would shut off and they would have to re-adjust to the xp current. still sucks going from 3x xp to regular but whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    I'm against it. It doesn't benefit those who spent the time and money getting to 56. The dev are trying to make the game last longer, not shorter. A lot can be done in one weekend.
    right said, devs want us to play, many ppl stopped after looting theyr gear and leveling to 56.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree. It's not a good idea in any form. Last thing I want to see is a bear not acting like a bear because a noob doesn't know tactics ir skills.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

+1 To this idea.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In one way this would be nice but in others I Dont want noobs in high levels when there not experienced but in another case it would be nice so I could get that 84k exp... That takes forever! And maybe level some of my Alts up but if I had to vote on it I would say 2x exp for like 2-3 hours on Saturday at a certain time and let everyone know way ahead of time... But no weekend exp it would ruin the point of playing though the levels and learning your skills...anyone else think a 2 hour 2x exp would be a good idea? Even though that could still push you maybe 10 levels it would never get you up near 50 unless you are like 45 or so... But by then you should know what you are doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suntv View Post
    I don't think that this is a good idea. First off it will take away the joy of reaching levels 45-50 from 1. Second, players will fly through lower levels and won't gain tactics, experience, etc. Just like level 50+ players with less then 10.000 kills Third, loads will be level 50 in no time and then what. With this you have a very short span of attention and even more players asking for new content.
    Joy? I hate lvling...