Thread: Balefort Sewers - first impressions from a noob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Balefort Sewers - first impressions from a noob

Hello,

I purchased Balefort Sewers last weekend and have now leveled there from 50 - 53 with my first character, a pure int mage. I thought I would share my observations so far. This is a noob's viewpoint, for what it's worth:

The players in this area are very seasoned, unlike any other area. That means they talk less, a lot less. Sometimes they don't talk at all, which can be harmful. One example on bandit stronghold is when one character silently strolled forward to do a roundup. I saw what was going on and stayed in my spot, but the others did not and followed... result = fail. In PUG's, might want to accounce "roundup" before doing so.

Even level 53s get booted. Seriously? This is the only place to level, and it is not efficient solo. Please don't boot a 53... especially for the reason "55+". Unless you know the 53 is trouble (which some still are) or he/she is still wearing Khafra gear.

Speaking of trouble, even 55+ bears still run into mobs, beckon them all over, then stomp them all apart. LOL! Last night during a run in Stronghold, I pointed out to a lvl 56 bear that he did not have a weapon or shield equipped, during the middle of the run. He was gracious about it ("OMG! So sry I'm an idiot. No wonder"). Silly ol' bear!

Bosses. Please don't run around like crazy if you get infected fighting Gold Fever. You look silly and we all die. Try to announce "run" if your pull of the Bandit Queen fails. Decide to aoe or not aoe Cockroach before going in. Don't make me fight Trash Heap over the grates. And finally, I don't think announcing "Pinks please" works.

Mages. Please Res. I'll do the same for you I promise. Even over a grate.

Birds. You guys rock. I still don't quite know why, but Stuff. Just. Dies.

Bears. I pick on you, but I have a lot of love for good tanking Bears. Thanks. You saved my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stuff dies with Birds because we have massive debuffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the same feelings.

Once when I was in stronghold, a bird in the group tried to pull either the king or the queen but he failed. An elf also tried and failed too. Then it came to the third try. Before someone going into the room, I said "all of you on queen, I'll grab the king until you finish." (forgot to mention, I was the only bear in the group)

I thought what I said made sense. However, no one said anything about it. So I just thought they agreed. I went into the room when everyone was outside. I got aggro of both bosses. You know what my groupmates did? They just yelled something like OMG and WTF and did nothing else. (oh yes one of them ordered me "come back" lol)

I did not go out of the room of course. I just stayed deep inside and kept asking the bird to pull the queen. After ten seconds or less I got killed by the bosses' combo. And I was booted at the same time.

I did nothing wrong!

I am tired of having runs with dumb, rude, thoughtless and uncooperative players. I don't know if I am any kind of a good bear. At least I pull mobs into wall instead of spamming beckon and stomp. I don't fight over grates. And I always tank the boss if I am the only bear in the group.

If you are looking for stable and nice players to farm together, please add me. My bear is called "Richjeff". (well I am not rich at all lol). Let's see if our play time are
    matched coz I live in Southeast Asia.
    IGN: RICHJEFF - Int/Dex Bear | JEFUNG - Dex/Str Archer | JEFRELLA - Int/Dex Mage
    Member of Brotherhood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even though I'm not a high level yet I see the same thing. I've only been to sewers a couple of times and found ppl to be very helpful and friendly. I do accept that was a bit of luck and generally that's not the case.

I have done a lot of runs in PP and AO2 floors and find about 75% of the time you will get a group who have absolutely no idea how to play the game properly. I like to think about what I'm doing and modify my tactics depending on the group. It's worth holding out and waiting for the right group to come along and the game becomes a hundred times more fun when you do!
    Leiver ~ Str/Dex Bear ~ Level 51
    ScoobySnak ~ Pure Int Mage ~ Level 45
    ProfessorPing ~ Pure Dex Bird ~ Level 30
    >>> I'm on the SRINGY list <<<

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Very well spoken. I agree. Booting at level 53 in Sewers is absurd, especially with the reason "55+". Exceptions do apply, though.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Off topic, Richjeff, I've played a couple runs with you, you are definitely a good bear!
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Off topic, Richjeff, I've played a couple runs with you, you are definitely a good bear!

Thank you Skavenger! I enjoyed having runs with u too.

Bears rock in Catacomb!
    IGN: RICHJEFF - Int/Dex Bear | JEFUNG - Dex/Str Archer | JEFRELLA - Int/Dex Mage
    Member of Brotherhood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

on iphone is very hard to chat and fight at same time. i personally dont chat that much while fighting, partys with to much trash talk are slower and oftener fails.
    on ipad my better...?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't chat because my phone makes it very hard to do it sufficiently and quickly.

I am new to the sewers and can't find a group that are questing. I like to think of myself as a decent mage and welcome new friends to quest and run with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol stuff dies because of our skills. they make everything easier (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I suppose you can pull Queen that way, jefung. That is how we started when we were learning the sewers, but there is an easier way and it doesn't involve splitting up the group. Join some groups and you will see someone do it right.

Star light, star bright...