Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Founder’s Helm and the idea of Veteran Rewards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think it would be awesome if the founders helm on Mage looked like the helm on the bear. The mages founders helm is more of a founders tiara..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about an Android Founder's helm for people who don't own an iOS device but who started in the very first week of the Android release? Except I would never ever wear it even if it had double the stats because seriously Android Costume. Speaking of stats, let's talk about how unfair it is to have stats on an exclusive vanity item. I'm kidding, let's please not talk about that (but it is unfair).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post
    How about an Android Founder's helm for people who don't own an iOS device but who started in the very first week of the Android release? Except I would never ever wear it even if it had double the stats because seriously Android Costume. Speaking of stats, let's talk about how unfair it is to have stats on an exclusive vanity item. I'm kidding, let's please not talk about that (but it is unfair).
    M8, don't git me started...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    M8, don't git me started...
    Agreed... That's great... I stopped playing for a bit because of the android release... My ping would go through the roof and there we kids that had no clue what they we doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    Agreed... That's great... I stopped playing for a bit because of the android release... My ping would go through the roof and there we kids that had no clue what they we doing.
    They were horrible at the beginning, but they probably surpass us skill wise, now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

iOS devices are for people who A) Want simplicity and B) Have money. Generally people who want simplicity don't want to get deep into the mechanics of what separates hardcore gamers from casual gamers. So it wouldn't surprise me IF it were the case that the "best" players were on Android, but that is a lot of broad generalizations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre View Post
    Well, maybe when there is a one-year anniversary of the Android release, anyone who was here on day 1 and is still here would merit some sort of veteran reward. But to talk about it a mere half year later, when the Founders (I missed it by ten days) are people who were still playing a year later, is to miss the point completely. They saw a LOT of change. The first few months was a learning process for STS as well as the players. Those who stuck through it all and were here on the first anniversary are the Faithful and deserve their reward. It's not the same thing, at least until a year is up.

Many people abandoned the devs through their learning process, rage quitting over stupid stuff that they took very seriously. Those who stayed are special folks. Give them their due. They paved the way for the rest of us. I don't think porting the game, now fully operational, to a new OS automatically creates a new batch of founders. When they port if to PC or some consoles, will those people become founders? I don't think so. But after a certain amount of time, veteran rewards are cool, and I'm looking forward to them.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 06-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Well, maybe when there is a one-year anniversary of the Android release, anyone who was here on day 1 and is still here would merit some sort of veteran reward. But to talk about it a mere half year later, when the Founders (I missed it by ten days) are people who were still playing a year later, is to miss the point completely. They saw a LOT of change. The first few months was a learning process for STS as well as the players. Those who stuck through it all and were here on the first anniversary are the Faithful and deserve their reward. It's not the same thing, at least until a year is up.

Many people abandoned the devs through their learning process, rage quitting over stupid stuff that they took very seriously. Those who stayed are special folks. Give them their due. They paved the way for the rest of us. I don't think porting the game, now fully operational, to a new OS automatically creates a new batch of founders. When they port if to PC or some consoles, will those people become founders? I don't think so. But after a certain amount of time, veteran rewards are cool, and I'm looking forward to them.

+1..... I'm fully agree with this. I'm not even close to being eligible for any reward but I do know that being there in the beginning is nothing like coming in after most of the bugs have been straightened out.
    Last edited by Usceiater; 06-28-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: lack of grammar skills lol

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey gang,

We know there's a lot of interest in the Founder's Helm and the idea of Veteran's Rewards. However, right now the team is really focused on getting the new content and features for Pocket Legends ready and shipping Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. We haven't forgotten about Veteran's Rewards - on the contrary, we really like the idea of them, but they are a bit behind some of our bigger agenda items in work right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

Well said Snake. Honestly I find the entire matter ridiculous. Giving the founder helm to "anyone" would make its worthless. But i can see why people are upset. People should try to be satisfied with what they have and make the best of it.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

We know there's a lot of interest in the Founder's Helm and the idea of Veteran's Rewards. However, right now the team is really focused on getting the new content and features for Pocket Legends ready and shipping Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. We haven't forgotten about Veteran's Rewards - on the contrary, we really like the idea of them, but they are a bit behind some of our bigger agenda items in work right now.

Any chance of a date for your PL update Sam?
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Any chance of a date for your PL update Sam?
    When it is ready?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Thanx for clearing that up Sam I know it's been a question a lot of people have been asking and it's good to know the Devs HAVE NOT forgotten about a veterans reward system.

Maybe as an added bonus you can leak some idea you guys were kickin' around... for the reward system that is. >_>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    When it is ready?
    So what you're saying is that the next PL update is happening at the EXACT SAME TIME as every PL update. It boggles the mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I figured, the devs are like our wizards, soooooo......

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derajdefyre:335840
    I would wear a vanity halo ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Started pl roughly 4/15/10 and no helm !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I started to become an STS player in November. I have been with them ever since...

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

To quote Sam from upthread:

We haven't forgotten about Veteran's Rewards - on the contrary, we really like the idea of them, but they are a bit behind some of our bigger agenda items in work right now.
    So sounds to me like let them get SL and the PL update off their plate and then they'll have time to work on the veterans rewards amongst other things.

ETA: And AmongDemons? The first post of the thread, made April 20th, says:

Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.
    (bolding added) If you think you were logged in at some point during the week of April 20th, you could try popping an email off to the Devs at support(at)spacetimestudios.com, replacing (at) with @, of course.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 08-08-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: additional info
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No real big problem, I just found it odd that some (roomate included) started playing the first week or so didn't get it. But thanks, I appreciate the advice and I will do so thanks again!