Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Origin of IGN's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

My IGN is an adaptation of Korean pronunciation. (Pronounced Joon - side)

This IGN dates back to Counter-Strike 1.3 and Diablo II LoD when I was younger. I actually didn't look up possible definitions and meanings for my IGN until about 2 years ago. So it was simply some random name I thought up.

But call it destiny as you may...

Korean similar pronunciations

Chun - sa (not choon) simply means an angel from above. A demi-god entity.

Jun - sa (not Joon) means a champion, bravery, a warrior, death in battle or a legend of history.

Joon - sa means an archer, a sniper, one who fires from a distance.

I was weirded out, but I stick with the name everywhere I go. I've been recognized globally in some networking sites, some games, asking if I am the Junside who did this, did that... I'm afraid I may hit infamy. lol My internet tag was in an internet popularity rating of like 80k in the world(but this can include search results, haters, fans, others, or simply inaccurate).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had this thread as idea of my 1st started thread a while back, since Jaytb/panda/kungfu-family beat me to it, I guess I will need to use my event idea as backup now , awww~~~ hehe

Mitsui = #14 3-point shooting guard from Slam Dunk, if you guys know the reference – Hisashi Mitsui. The comic was huge when I played ball back in the days, god that’s so long time ago.

Sun = my last name

Since my gaming days from 1998, I’ve always used Mitsui, from EQ/Diablo/FFXI/CoH/CoV/Shadowbane/WoW and misc etc.

Sun/Moon/Star was just being lazy and things.

At games that has lastname/surname as part of title/full name, I would use Mitsui Sunholder/Moonholder/Starholder etc.

I am not Japanese but am pretty good with the language because of friends and games I played since I found Nintendo/GameBoy/Sega/SNK/Super Nitendo/FF series, all in Japanese titles, on top of all the foreign movies/dramas that I watch.

Mitsui-sun(san) when pronounce it, it’s like addressing Mr. Wallace or Mr. Eastwood which I like too.

People refer me to Mits or MIT – cuz I am Made In Taiwan heh
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    I had this thread as idea of my 1st started thread a while back, since Jaytb/panda/kungfu-family beat me to it, I guess I will need to use my event idea as backup now , awww~~~ hehe

Mitsui = #14 3-point shooting guard from Slam Dunk, if you guys know the reference – Hisashi Mitsui. The comic was huge when I played ball back in the days, god that’s so long time ago.

Sun = my last name

Since my gaming days from 1998, I’ve always used Mitsui, from EQ/Diablo/FFXI/CoH/CoV/Shadowbane/WoW and misc etc.

Sun/Moon/Star was just being lazy and things.

At games that has lastname/surname as part of title/full name, I would use Mitsui Sunholder/Moonholder/Starholder etc.

I am not Japanese but am pretty good with the language because of friends and games I played since I found Nintendo/GameBoy/Sega/SNK/Super Nitendo/FF series, all in Japanese titles, on top of all the foreign movies/dramas that I watch.

Mitsui-sun(san) when pronounce it, it’s like addressing Mr. Wallace or Mr. Eastwood which I like too.

People refer me to Mits or MIT – cuz I am Made In Taiwan heh
    Hey Mits... Was wondering when you'd explain your name I always thought you where Asian from origin, and living in the US

If you'd told me your idea, I wouldn't have made a thread about it. I was just bored, the server being down and all...

Anyway, glad to finally know where your name comes from

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

When counter strike first came out my IGN was ScotyPotty! That's from, if anyone remembers, garbage pal kids, pottyscotty, I just reversed names! I than played a game and that IGN was taken so I did LordEspe! Es=S Pe=P !!

Then LordPotty just felt right!
    Shaydurbees is personal so I'll leave it at that!

Junside, a fellow counterstriker huh!!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Apollo is my bird. He is the god of the sun and archery. (Greek God)

Bodyguardz is my bear. Got it from him being a tank and the skin protector, Bodyguardz

Poseidon is my elf. Poseidon is the greek god of the sea, earthquakes, and all other supernaturals. So the name fits.

My forum name? Apollo was originally rangepwnsmeel. Renamed (Rangepwnsmeel is now my level 20 twink). Range= Archer, pwns= destroys, meel= Meele (sword play), but there were not enough characters. So I just made it with meel at the end, and it stuck.

Mynasgen is my level 20 bear twink. Mynasgen is an ironic name. He isn't a mynas generation. Was just meant to be humerous

Voodoovillain is my Level 35 Bear twink. Brooke suggested the name for me and that we be twin twinks.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well my ign's are well my real life name Junior is what my family calls me because I'm named after my father. And my other characters xxJoseLuisxx and JoseLuisxx. Well that's my name Jose Luis not too creative but eh I like my name =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool thread... A while ago I wanted to buy a domain name that was unique. After a few days of searching go daddy I decided upon iuxui, thought it was a great symmetry in letters and now use it as a sign on name for games. hope one day to sell it for millions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

corpser= gears of war
    royalranger= content update in pl involving commander blackhawk and he 2 rangers
    royalbrawler= standing in forest haven brawling with zombies making royalbrawler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Mine is a combination of my city (ATL... yes I own it), and my daughter (Annie... she owns me).

My bear still uses the given name Asalaebaki. Someday I'll fork out the 50 plat to change it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't feel like telling the story to my name >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    So you went out of the way to post that don't feel like it? Good one
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Actona679 View Post
    Pocket Legends is the first MMO I have played. Since I was avoiding working in home office when I signed up (I maintain website for family furniture/gift store), I thought it was only appropriate to name my mage after the product line I was supposed to be adding to our website: Alessi. Actona followed when I discovered I was a horrible mage. Yes, named after the furniture line I was bored to tears adding to our website at that moment.

I am currently contemplating adding a bear. So, following the work avoidance, vendor naming scheme, what should I name the bear? Contenders: Herman Miller, Tvillum, Mobican, Ekornes, Seltz, Koziol, Jesper...

Man! I really need to do some work!
    Go with Steelcase!

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

New York... can't you just read my accent?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine too is pretty dumb... My real name is Shari so I looked through the game names and found shaazatie... Everyone calls me shazzy in game. All of my characters needed to start with an s... If I make another character I may use my imagination a bit... Or let my kids name it, but then it'd be something pokemon or little pony-ish...

Anyone that knows me I really am brain dead

And my forum name: Sharisiggies is because I used to make signatures in a forum for moms... I love my Photoshop!!!
    Last edited by Sharisiggies; 04-21-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tiliana - an ign I have used in many games which I always felt sounded elfish (my character of choice). It is an anagram of the word Italian which is part of my heritage ( the other part being Filipino). Atilian - my bird is an anagram of that. Antilia - (anagram again) my bear that I have not spent much time playing.

Tiliana - 54 Pure Int Mage & Atilian - 21 Pure Dex Archer
    Spamming the heals and living the dream once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    So you went out of the way to post that don't feel like it? Good one
    Thanks , I might post it later if i have the time xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Aww... Party pooper

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started of with Xymorg 'cause I didn't want it to mean anything & hoped it wouldn't be close to other names. I stuck with Xymian, Xymli & Xymsom (Xymon was taken ) to keep myself semi-recognizable...

I think all your names a great & it's actually a fun minigame to try to figure out what you're going for: I thought i remembered Yvonnel was Jarlaxle's mum (but just googled it to make sure)

I also like the polyglot names: got a chuckle when I saw Changofeo wasn't Michael Jackson reference like I initially thought :"chang of eo". If true multilanguage support ever comes around it would be fun to play in the other languages. PL really hooked me when I played with some Quebecois, Puerto Rican, German, Swedes & Chinese mainlanders in a series of games. It's a small Alterra after all, even though "it's a big world in here".
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    It's a small Alterra after all, even though "it's a big world in here".
    Amen to that bud

U rok, thanks!