Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - 4/21 Please click here for info before posting, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

[QUOTE=TANKKAAR;272796]The thing is PL has started charging us for things that we used to get for free or atleast only cost in game currency. I think I would rather have them be upfront about it and allow me pay a monthly fee then charge me for every little thing possible in game that enhances my experience maybe that is an option the devs could look at adding? Pay a monthly fee and be given a number of elixers, holiday hats, new maps and other misc. items for "free". Just a thought and I doubt everyone would like this option however it would give players the choice and provide a constant flow of income (possibly greater then current methods) to PL so they could afford multiple data centers :-)[/QUOTE

I for one agree with this statement after spending a wack of money on platinum. I'd rather pay monthly fee and enjoy game
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm, please don't make it a pay monthly game. If you want all the little "goodies" (plat items) you should have to pay for them. But with this recent update making 1-56 free you don't even really need plat for anything except the occasional respec or two which you can get from free offers.
    Clownasaurus, Xathumm, Archercroww, Funkyclown, Funkysaurus, Winterbearpig, Tvvinkasaurus, Requicide, Twinkasaurus, Merchasaurus, Helpasaurus, Lvlonetvvink, Vanitycloset, Clownbearpig, Clovvnbearpig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After reading all the outrageous posts from players demanding free stuff etcetera for having to wait to play, I sure hope Amazon is going to compensate spacetime (and all the other companies affected) for the headache and revenue loss they've had over the last day. Hang in there PL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So.are ther any recent news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

meh, its a kiddie looking videogame on my phone. There's no way I'd ever pay desktop prices for a non-desktop level product. From what I've seen, this game looks really cool, and quite fun, but I downloaded it and tried it because it was free. If I wanted to pay real money, especially a monthly fee, I'd get a real game for a real machine (no offense STS or Thunderbolt designers).

Try to keep the product and platform in perspective. I'll say it again; I love my thunderbolt and this game looks bitchen gnarly rad, bit it pales like an albino In Africa compared to pc. Let's not get outa hand here yo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol im soo bored i wanna play pl -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waisted menkey View Post
    meh, its a kiddie looking videogame on my phone. There's no way I'd ever pay desktop prices for a non-desktop level product. From what I've seen, this game looks really cool, and quite fun, but I downloaded it and tried it because it was free. If I wanted to pay real money, especially a monthly fee, I'd get a real game for a real machine (no offense STS or Thunderbolt designers).

Try to keep the product and platform in perspective. I'll say it again; I love my thunderbolt and this game looks bitchen gnarly rad, bit it pales like an albino In Africa compared to pc. Let's not get outa hand here yo.
    I think you're missing a key aspect of the PL experience in your comment here, the community. I've been an mmo player for many years and I've never seen a dev team more involved with their product and it's users than the PL team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheClownSquad View Post
    Umm, please don't make it a pay monthly game. If you want all the little "goodies" (plat items) you should have to pay for them. But with this recent update making 1-56 free you don't even really need plat for anything except the occasional respec or two which you can get from free offers.
    #1. My suggestion was not to take the place of the old methed it was to be added as an option for the users who who prefer (and can afford) a monthly fee and the benifits it would provide
    #2. Dont try and tell me you dont need elixers until you try to make the leap from 55 to 56... 83k exp is alot more then you think.
    #3. You only have 2weeks to make it to 56 for free (which without elixers would be impossible) because on may 4th the spine as they are calling it will be paid for again
    #4. Free plat has been disabled and there is no word that I know of saying it will be given back.?

New York the most wonderful place on Earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

WHEN will PL be back?!?!? Im on my 1 and a half week plan to lev55!!!!
    Reddwing lev 45 archer trioekater lev 38 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waisted menkey View Post

#1. Read post #368
    #2. No one every said anything about desktop prices but, I guess where we differ is I can play my MMO at work on a coffee break and you have to be at home and anchored infront of your PC? I personally love the freedom that PL offers in comparison and would be willing to pay the a monthly fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylito View Post
    I guess the guy who predicted the servers would be up in 3 hours was WRONG! Dont ever be a weather man
    i made a post about my prediction which i read this from amazon live report [http://status.aws.amazon.com/] which states:
    1:48 PM PDT A single Availability Zone in the US-EAST-1 Region continues to experience problems launching EBS backed instances or creating volumes. All other Availability Zones are operating normally. Customers with snapshots of their affected volumes can re-launch their volumes and instances in another zone. We recommend customers do not target a specific Availability Zone when launching instances. We have updated our service to avoid placing any instances in the impaired zone for untargeted requests. (Read post #85 of this thread)

and then someone asked so i made a post again at #137
    base on what someone asked so i made a post again at #140
    then someone ask again so i made another post again at #142

the last report i got from the amazon live report is as follows:
    6:18 PM PDT Earlier today we shared our high level ETA for a full recovery. At this point, all Availability Zones except one have been functioning normally for the past 5 hours. We have stabilized the remaining Availability Zone, but recovery is taking longer than we originally expected. We have been working hard to add the capacity that will enable us to safely re-mirror the stuck volumes. We expect to incrementally recover stuck volumes over the coming hours, but believe it will likely be several more hours until a significant number of volumes fully recover and customers are able to create new EBS-backed instances in the affected Availability Zone. We will be providing more information here as soon as we have it.

Here are a couple of things that customers can do in the short term to work around these problems. Customers having problems contacting EC2 instances or with instances stuck shutting down/stopping can launch a replacement instance without targeting a specific Availability Zone. If you have EBS volumes stuck detaching/attaching and have taken snapshots, you can create new volumes from snapshots in one of the other Availability Zones. Customers with instances and/or volumes that appear to be unavailable should not try to recover them by rebooting, stopping, or detaching, as these actions will not currently work on resources in the affected zone.

so was my prediction being wrong or something unexpected turn up and amazon needs longer time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Obviously you were wrong, try reading your own post.
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players

Yosharu 56 Bear, Yoshura 56 Bird, Aeryol 56 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

didnt realize how addicted i was until i couldnt play!!!! im going nuts.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

The natives are getting restless...lol ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    The natives are getting restless...lol ^^
    Hah, no doubt.

I myself was hoping to play after work, but frosty amber beverages will do in the mean time. :-)
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshura View Post
    Obviously you were wrong, try reading your own post.
    oh really. i do not care what you think anyway. and i know what i wrote. so if you think i am wrong then so be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    i made a post about my prediction which i read this from amazon live report [http://status.aws.amazon.com/] which states:
    1:48 PM PDT A single Availability Zone in the US-EAST-1 Region continues to experience problems launching EBS backed instances or creating volumes. All other Availability Zones are operating normally. Customers with snapshots of their affected volumes can re-launch their volumes and instances in another zone. We recommend customers do not target a specific Availability Zone when launching instances. We have updated our service to avoid placing any instances in the impaired zone for untargeted requests. (Read post #85 of this thread)

and then someone asked so i made a post again at #137
    base on what someone asked so i made a post again at #140
    then someone ask again so i made another post again at #142

the last report i got from the amazon live report is as follows:
    6:18 PM PDT Earlier today we shared our high level ETA for a full recovery. At this point, all Availability Zones except one have been functioning normally for the past 5 hours. We have stabilized the remaining Availability Zone, but recovery is taking longer than we originally expected. We have been working hard to add the capacity that will enable us to safely re-mirror the stuck volumes. We expect to incrementally recover stuck volumes over the coming hours, but believe it will likely be several more hours until a significant number of volumes fully recover and customers are able to create new EBS-backed instances in the affected Availability Zone. We will be providing more information here as soon as we have it.

Here are a couple of things that customers can do in the short term to work around these problems. Customers having problems contacting EC2 instances or with instances stuck shutting down/stopping can launch a replacement instance without targeting a specific Availability Zone. If you have EBS volumes stuck detaching/attaching and have taken snapshots, you can create new volumes from snapshots in one of the other Availability Zones. Customers with instances and/or volumes that appear to be unavailable should not try to recover them by rebooting, stopping, or detaching, as these actions will not currently work on resources in the affected zone.

so was my prediction being wrong or something unexpected turn up and amazon needs longer time?
    Shouldnt an accurate prediction take the unexpected into account? I mean otherwise doesnt it stop being a "prediction" and fall more into the "ASSumption" category? ......lol.... And we all know what happens when people assume .... Right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...still waiting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it started to work right now I would stay up all night playing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Shouldnt an accurate prediction take the unexpected into account? I mean otherwise doesnt it stop being a "prediction" and fall more into the "ASSumption" category? ......lol.... And we all know what happens when people assume .... Right?
    i did not mention in any post that it will be accurate. i do not work with the amazon so how could i be able to predict an unexpected situation. and also i did mention if some other failure occur then my prediction will not be accurate (post #142). and anyway, i will not make anymore prediction since people don't like it when i am trying to help out by making a prediction.