Thread: My opinion on AL f2p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Default My opinion on AL f2p

Yes yes I know the locks are booming atm but when every plat buyer gets their gears they wont be so necessary anymore. And when elites are overfarmed those prices will crash too just like magmatics.

Now lets get down to my opinion. As we all know, STS a couple months back released fossil in arena chests. Now that fossil could only be theoretically farmed until the 2x event which is when many fossils were being tossed around. Now, that was a 1 step chance based system. For f2p players, these gold crates are a 2 step chance based system. 1st chance of getting a gold crate, 2nd chance of getting the token. This is much worse(imo) than the "farmable" fossil. This means you would have to farm more than 750 gold orc chests for one single arcane.

There were calculations done by someone, estimating to a year or more to earn an arcane assuming the person played 5 hours a day or something like that. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Justg; 07-01-2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: much less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I think its too early to speak for now. Ill wait for a few weeks or a month and see how things turn out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

So you're telling me you have a chance of getting fossils without spending anything? And here you are ranting?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    So you're telling me you have a chance of getting fossils without spending anything? And here you are ranting?
    Im trying to make a point. There was supposed to be less of an rng system this expansion, it worked out for plat players but not f2p. And why dont you try looting a fossil from arena?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You can buy a fossil from this event, 1000 tokens iirc.
    Selling mythics! Click here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

XD yea but what after the new lockeds crash? Just today they fell over 50% of the reasonable price. Wnt be too long after that dies out too lol.
    Last edited by Justg; 07-01-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

What does f2p means?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

U need to wait a few weeks or months for prizes to stabilized..right now it will go up and down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Shard has already dropped below 9m in cs will be below 5 m or less within a month, maybe faster. This is a good time for f2p because there is gold to be earned and great items to be bought for cheap. Work a Lil man and your top tier soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't understand why u guys cry about this. You should be so happy items are that much cheaper. I'm a free to play player and I got a decent bank around 100m I don't play alot just smart purchasing and selling
    Ingame name: Invasions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    To be honest, being a f2p(for the most of my time here, purchased plat for inventory and some start up help when i was a noob) I would totally agree with you. The key here is would.

Let's take a moment to take a deep breath and think things through.

With the new expansion hitting STS have managed to add like 3-4 viable methods for someone who is purely f2p to make money. Past year they have tried to make the game as plat-required as they can, adding inventory for story tokens, elixirs which we can buy and ankhs and those greater-chests in events(which i have yet to hear someone say has gotten a mythic weapon out of those free to open chests. Opened 100+(elons/goblins) probably like 30 in halloween and probably 200in the syrrilax event and i have to say the money really adds up. The expansion has not only bought new locks which f2p players can easy farm and earn a good 500k-1m in an easy day of farming as of this moment. So if you really are f2p a little hard work now and some more during the upcoming weeks should see you with enough gold to get that shiny mythic OR that bling bling arcane. Hard work is key to f2p and that is exactly what everyone is doing instead of finding cause to complain.

If someone(p2p players) is shelling out money for a better chance, yes a better chance at a guaranteed reward system for tokens means more p2p players open chests and keep lock prices up and arcane prices low. Isn't this WHAT f2p players want? because i know a lot of people who r f2p in my guild who would say yaaay.

Let them buy our locks and open them and sell us cheap prices, soon these items will be outdated and then we can all get our pitchforks and torches out and hound STS for new events/expansion/items/upgradess.

My suggestion would be make the most of what you can at the moment and go farm farm farm. Those tokens might be rare in the free chests but its still better than nothing(arena chests LOL).

Nice point m8,nice point....

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EQT View Post
    I don't understand why u guys cry about this. You should be so happy items are that much cheaper. I'm a free to play player and I got a decent bank around 100m I don't play alot just smart purchasing and selling
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Locked-rengol

Even though you said this recently? Hmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

F2p players can just farm and sell locked/chests and buy their own fossil or shard without ever opening a chest. That should be the goal of f2p players. Not opening chests till they have enough tokens.

Unless you are very lucky it's gonna take longer to open and collect tokens than it would be to just sell the chests and buy it in auction.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Farming locks??? DANG is this Locks Legend???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Im trying to make a point. There was supposed to be less of an rng system this expansion, it worked out for plat players but not f2p. And why dont you try looting a fossil from arena?
    Lol , clearly he has no clue. You have a strong case and data to prove it .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Now if anyone has actually played this game for a good amount of time, theyd know that the only real farmable thing that ever stuck around for a long time was locked crates. F2p have been farming locked crates ever since their release because it was the least amount of luck based thing required. And now you(sts) want us to do it again? No need to release new maps if we are just gonna keep doing km3. This is such a joke lol.