Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vain Glory .. is it better than CoC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollish View Post
    Idk if this is necro- too lazy.

I was once a hardcore STS game player, logging more than 2k hours and spending upwards of 1200$ on PL and AL.

When PL was abandoned and Vain came into beta, I started to question STS. Over time, I realized that STS is one of the most selfish, pay-to-win companies I have ever been a customer of. They don't care about their player base, and while they may say they do, their only concern is revenue.

Vainglory requires absolutely no cash to be good at. You can spend nothing and be a top tier player.

Vainglory also has multiple characteristics that make it a viable game, with real PC- quality specs, tournaments, employees from Riot, Blizzard, and more, as well as 26m+ in funding.

I got tired of STS draining my funds and providing the worst customer support I have ever been subject too. They delete anything that doesn't promote their products on their forums, their employees are often jerks, and they don't listen to their player base.

So, I'm sure the poor moderators will delete this quickly and ignore my customer experience.

All I wanted to say was think about whether STS games are worth your time. They waste your money, they have low skill caps and require lots of cash to be good at, and don't scale in the long term. Last time I checked, CoC doesn't have televised tournaments with 100 grand USD rewards. Vainglory does.

Peace
    I agree. Vainglory responds in seconds for support, everything is achievable with glory (even skins). No pay to win aspect, much more refined but I still play coc because it's fun.
    I only moved onto vain after they abandoned PL. But Cinco updated it again but still, I just like vainglory.
    And I have also spent a phenomal amount of time into vain now, and reached a pretty competitive skill tier.
    Only thing that isn't available for glory is the one time never re occurring Halloween skins which will disappear soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oculus For This Useful Post: