Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vain Glory .. is it better than CoC?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We noticed yesterday that VG is~2.1 gigs, while Champs is still under 100 megs 0.o
    I think it's due to the fact that every VG update is like 400 megs. A lot of space needed to even download the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I have played a few other MOBAs. The things I like most about CoC is no minions, no leveling up in a match, no gear and 5 min games.

I would like an option later to play longer games but for now jumping on and playing a 5 min game while waiting for a doctors appointment is awesome.

CoC will also be an easy game for new comers to pick up and adapt to easily. Ppl won't be staring at the store trying to figure out what to buy. And what skills to level. You just jump in, read your skills and kill (for the most part)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, but when you remove the leveling, items, and minions, you remove a lot of options to use and remove a lot of diversity, thats why Vainglory games are always different everytime.

I barely stay in the store reading what they do, thats what the acedemy in VG is for (Teaches you all the items and what they do).

COC is more of a game thats easy to pick up and probably more focused on skill shots for more hardcore gameplay. COC is probably gonna be more like MMO pvp except with tons of characters and much more diverse stats, objectives, and boosts.
    I'm also very curious to see how the orb works, the unique factor that seems pretty cool to me atleast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    I don't like to say this, especially on the STS forums, but right now, Vainglory is much more polished than CoC.
    This isn't really fair to say, considering that Vainglory has been out for more than a year while CoC is still in Alpha testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Yes, but when you remove the leveling, items, and minions, you remove a lot of options to use and remove a lot of diversity, thats why Vainglory games are always different everytime.

I barely stay in the store reading what they do, thats what the acedemy in VG is for (Teaches you all the items and what they do).

COC is more of a game thats easy to pick up and probably more focused on skill shots for more hardcore gameplay. COC is probably gonna be more like MMO pvp except with tons of characters and much more diverse stats, objectives, and boosts.
    I'm also very curious to see how the orb works, the unique factor that seems pretty cool to me atleast.
    The opposite seems to hold true for me. Every game in VG I see the same heroes and builds being played, almost all games are the same every time. In CoC, however, I see different champions being played almost every game, with each player having multiple champions they enjoy playing (for me: Cinder, Magmatus, Bjorn).

CoC is definitely more focused on skill shots though, often if you miss one, you lose the fight.
    Last edited by Hahahahabirdy; 07-08-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I think its good to discuss here what do you like in other moba games, which feature they got and which one you want to implement in CoC, so you need to try out the rival games too. Eg.: if you pre-register now on android till july2 in vainglory, then you receive a free Taka character, something similar would be good in CoC too.

Vainglory is not fully released to android now, so its new.
    I forgot to answer this,

TBH, i'd rather focus on pc mobas yep already did. For ex theres one upcoming GIGANTIC looking good.
    theres no minion in opposite Guardian. Full scale 3D fantasy arena in opposite to heck n slash composition in traditional mobas.

well that's different matter what I tried to say if u take a look at the most successfull mobile games they are not well known for graphics, in opposite Gameloft's high quality graphical games are not that much popular but of course they have their own place, mobile gaming is different frnd unlike pc or console where extreme quality graphical games such as Witcher 3, battlefield series, GTA 5 are among the top sellers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hahahahabirdy View Post
    This isn't really fair to say, considering that Vainglory has been out for more than a year while CoC is still in Alpha testing.

The opposite seems to hold true for me. Every game in VG I see the same heroes and builds being played, almost all games are the same every time. In CoC, however, I see different champions being played almost every game, with each player having multiple champions they enjoy playing (for me: Cinder, Magmatus, Bjorn).

CoC is definitely more focused on skill shots though, often if you miss one, you lose the fight.
    Idk how you're seeing the same heroes and items, because I am Tier 9 in vainglory (Second to last Tier) and i see different builds and heroes almost every single game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Idk how you're seeing the same heroes and items, because I am Tier 9 in vainglory (Second to last Tier) and i see different builds and heroes almost every single game.
    I am tier 11, and I rarely see the majority of the available heroes. Sure there are 16 available, but so many of them are almost never played at high ELOs (SAW, Petal, Ardan, Celeste, Adagio). When those heroes (or any heroes) are used, however, the build almost always follows the same path, with few exceptions. There is no way you are seeing different builds every game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I am tier 11, and I rarely see the majority of the available heroes. Sure there are 16 available, but so many of them are almost never played at high ELOs (SAW, Petal, Ardan, Celeste, Adagio). When those heroes (or any heroes) are used, however, the build almost always follows the same path, with few exceptions. There is no way you are seeing different builds every game.
    There is no tier 11.

I know this isn't fair to say. I think further down the post I said that I expected STS to match VG's polish once it's out of Alpha.

I'm going to reiterate once again that making comparisons between the two is not only hard, but wrong, because although they are both mobile MOBAs, they aim to do completely different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    There is no tier 11.

I know this isn't fair to say. I think further down the post I said that I expected STS to match VG's polish once it's out of Alpha.

I'm going to reiterate once again that making comparisons between the two is not only hard, but wrong, because although they are both mobile MOBAs, they aim to do completely different things.
    Yes there is, for I am tier 11. Pinnacle of Simply Vainglorious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Yes there is, for I am tier 11. Pinnacle of Simply Vainglorious.
    Hahahaha

:O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Lets not forget CoC and Vainglory have the same goals to complete a match.

I am in Vainglory closed BETA (already since 3 months). There are different servers (from what the server location said in the game) and lets not forget both the games CoC and VG require to destroy the tower and Vain crystal (anyways both are towers).

Both are supposed to be teamwork games. Mentioned by Gary (JustG) is that you would play CoC with your friends (most likely since it requires co-operation, from the keast that i may know). And you might play randoms, or with friends - well fhat remains an option.

In CoC i do not know if there's any Player VS Player. I think its Bots versus players? In VG youre competing against REAL PLAYERS (real life players of course) and who knows how many people are iut there actually playing VG closed BETA (on android, iOS was completed long back i think). Also speaking of it, there's no items in CoC, youre directly playing - not trying to be mean here, but strategy is key in VG. You collect gold by killing the miners when they spawn and these games last solely 20minutes?

Levelling up and gears is what creates a problem in VG - from what ive seen. In CoC, youre anyways going to have levelling with combinations as well. I would say both have some here's and there's. VG is mainly based on graphics, Gameplay strategy, and some places of P2W (which i havent seen in CoC, who knows if P2W infects CoC).

The sole trouble for me for VG is that there's pretty much less players, i barely see anygames for me starting and it seems like there arent many active. Ive seen alot - ALOT of people and its really hard to tell of how many even play.

VG has high end graphic effects, they cycle free toons everytime (they just cycle'd free chars) whilst CoC has all of them free 2 play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Lets not forget CoC and Vainglory have the same goals to complete a match.

I am in Vainglory closed BETA (already since 3 months). There are different servers (from what the server location said in the game) and lets not forget both the games CoC and VG require to destroy the tower and Vain crystal (anyways both are towers).

Both are supposed to be teamwork games. Mentioned by Gary (JustG) is that you would play CoC with your friends (most likely since it requires co-operation, from the keast that i may know). And you might play randoms, or with friends - well fhat remains an option.

In CoC i do not know if there's any Player VS Player. I think its Bots versus players? In VG youre competing against REAL PLAYERS (real life players of course) and who knows how many people are iut there actually playing VG closed BETA (on android, iOS was completed long back i think). Also speaking of it, there's no items in CoC, youre directly playing - not trying to be mean here, but strategy is key in VG. You collect gold by killing the miners when they spawn and these games last solely 20minutes?

Levelling up and gears is what creates a problem in VG - from what ive seen. In CoC, youre anyways going to have levelling with combinations as well. I would say both have some here's and there's. VG is mainly based on graphics, Gameplay strategy, and some places of P2W (which i havent seen in CoC, who knows if P2W infects CoC).

The sole trouble for me for VG is that there's pretty much less players, i barely see anygames for me starting and it seems like there arent many active. Ive seen alot - ALOT of people and its really hard to tell of how many even play.

VG has high end graphic effects, they cycle free toons everytime (they just cycle'd free chars) whilst CoC has all of them free 2 play?
    Lol, there is Player vs. Player ofc, and in my point of view, CoC is more hardcore and fun to play, while VG is just a game with way too much fancy graphics.
    Just my point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iheybeautiful View Post
    Lol, there is Player vs. Player ofc, and in my point of view, CoC is more hardcore and fun to play, while VG is just a game with way too much fancy graphics.
    Just my point of view.
    I dont find VG that high edged or high end graphics game. CoC has competitive graohics as well :>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    I dont find VG that high edged or high end graphics game. CoC has competitive graohics as well :>
    I find VG too fancy, yes CoC has competitive graphics but it focuses on gameplay more, unlike VG which focuses on graphics the most.
    Just my point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I think VG is trying to be too close to PC MOBAs. While it is different, CoC is a new experience to even long time league/DOTA/SMITE players since items and minions are removed making the objective play more focused than the item rush/fighting. Heroes of the Storm treats objective similarly in the fact that you need to focus the objective or you lose, because that stupid pirate ship is just too dang op.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Meh, I'm excited for CoC despite 5 minute matches. I'm Vainglorious silver via solo que and hopefully CoC is just as competitive and has ranked/casual que. Only thing I'm scared about is devs, I don't know how Sts are gonna compete with SEMC since they update the game with new heroes, buffs, nerfs,etc every month and listen to their players. I love Sts devs but they don't listen to their players IMO and have a good update in AL every year or 6 months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spellcheck View Post
    Meh, I'm excited for CoC despite 5 minute matches. I'm Vainglorious silver via solo que and hopefully CoC is just as competitive and has ranked/casual que. Only thing I'm scared about is devs, I don't know how Sts are gonna compete with SEMC since they update the game with new heroes, buffs, nerfs,etc every month and listen to their players. I love Sts devs but they don't listen to their players IMO and have a good update in AL every year or 6 months.
    Luckily MOBAs are build off player feedback and constant updates, so STS will be updating the game regularly upon release. If the game isn't constantly expanding/changing, playing a single map over and over in pvp will get boring, so adding new champions or giving buffs to nerfs to constantly played/complained about champions will keep the game more fresh in the long run. Vainglory and CoC absolutely need updates and changes to be a success.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We noticed yesterday that VG is~2.1 gigs, while Champs is still under 100 megs 0.o
    This. VG might have top-notch and overly-executed graphics and details, but CoC is more optimized for more mobile devices, and still retains excellent gameplay. Comparing CoC to VG is like comparing AL to O&C. They're both made for mobile gaming, but one is for high-end devices and the other is for everything.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Not a huge fan of vain glory from what ive read call is much faster paced which I think will make it a much better game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

There was a game called bloodline champions that is pretty much dead, check out the gameplay. Seems like CoC is a mobile version of it
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+Magic sword . If you want to learn as much as you can about coc before it's realised i suggest you subscribe to Callofchampions on youtube and watch their updated content vlogs for information about the game mechanics and improvements.