View Poll Results: Would You Pay To Play BlackStar?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 38.71%
  • No

14 45.16%
  • Maybe

5 16.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Guys....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CORNDAGMAN View Post
    Are they putting the 10$ fee on PL???
    No they are not, and i dont think i would pay 10 a month for a phone game. Those are pc/console prices
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would not pay $10 dollars a month for a game sorry, the commitment is what gets me. the only thing i pay monthly is a phone bill right now and i dont plan on having any other commitments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If id have to pay a fee, i rather play WOW then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ratava
    I keep making comments here, so I'll finish up by saying, "You say that now, but will you say that when you have seen/played B*, is the $$ question?!"
    lol, probably. I don't think any game would be good enough for me to pay a monthly fee, unless it was only $1. I'm pretty cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raazesk View Post
    lol, probably. I don't think any game would be good enough for me to pay a monthly fee, unless it was only $1. I'm pretty cheap.
    Game on! Perhaps it's "the $ quesion?!" lol? I'm also cheap that's why I'm playing mobile mmo: Just as fun but cheap as chips!

[THEORETICAL]Put it this way, (if you are listening devs) if the iOS in-app service is integrated and the option available ie automatic new content at 75% rrp at launch eg by paying a sub (+ some extras that don't interfere with gameplay is essential) it would ease some of the constant assessment the devs need to do to monetize and give them more time to work on content... I'm confident B* will be worth it.

Afterall: It will be a much cheaper rate than a normal sub and it would probably be marginally more than in-app purchases or actually marginally savings on in-app time@purchase?

Think about it: They have one and a half year's content lined-up already... (I'm confident I'll gobble all that up and it will still be cheap/optional per month or few months but with savings)[/THEORETICAL]

edit: Brain-wave: Or in-app sub option would provide these players with first/early access to new content and/or cumulative discount?!
    Last edited by ratava; 04-23-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well said. I think a monthly fee is counter-intuitive, in that if you are trying to introduce more players across the globe, you will disenfranchise a large percentage of your young players who probably don't have access to ready monthly money. You also make the game elitist which I think is a bad thing. I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life on PL and if you start to impose a monthly fee then you know what will happen to those that can't afford it. You create a barrier to participation. Down with fees I say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It shodnt be monthly it should be Like a iPhone app where u buy for $10 and that's it
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage