Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So where are the people that actually want to play ancient swamps then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default So where are the people that actually want to play ancient swamps then?

Ok seriously, what's with this?

9 out of 10 Swamp rooms are just playing Hellfire Swamp, kill the first boss for loot then quit and start again.

Is anybody actually interested in playing anymore? This needs sorting out... All bosses at the end of a dungeon or something, because this is ridiculous and it's killing 30-35 levelling for me.

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I had THE hardest time trying to level from 33-35 because of this same reason. I 'think?' that you can level from 30-32 using the ice runs...and if you are a 30 then you can most likely do them by yourself if needed but then u have to go to the swamps to finish leveling. I found that since the update came out, I have been able to find a party to run thru the swamps with. I actually FINALLY leveled last nite and I was like...wootwoot...I guess maybe it depends on the time you play as well?!? good luck...if ya see me in-game feel free to add...<Ravenraine>
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You can get to 33 with LE, I just did with my bear... Now I'm on the eternal 33-35 thanks for friends though I can actually get a game together.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

What do you guys think about moving all bosses to the end of the dungeons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No thanx... Cuz then we'd have a massive train to the end of the dungeon lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Can't wait to get to the swamps. Love the graphics! Still 15 lvls away...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxan View Post
    No thanx... Cuz then we'd have a massive train to the end of the dungeon lol
    I think this is probably true. Best solution IMO would be to add a max-level-only minidungeon that's very short, and very dense with bosses (kinda like the Magic Castle) to every campaign. People want to farm once they reach max level, and will find a way to avoid slogging through endless hordes of junk-dropping mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please dont move boss!! lol. im leveling my hunter and i dont really have a problem finding a group.
    Zallian lvl 45 Elevn Pally
    XbearroarX lvl 45 Ursan Warrior
    Shootinarrows lvl 45 Eagle Scout

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Think that all bosses should be moved to the end of the levels to minimise farming... farming is pointless and detracts from the point on PvE which is of course to work as a team to get through each map to the end, earning xp cash and items along the way, and not being able to cheat to get pinks by farming endessly on the same level.

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    dont do it buddy. this is simply a matter of population. do not over react because of a few people who dont make games themselves. If you dont want to farm START A NEW GAME. if no one wants to play with you..... not sure what to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would not move the bosses, but give a really low drop rate of good stuff to normal mob. Also maybe just let normal mob drop helms of epic style and not bosses. This way people would farm all mobs and everyone wins. we need them pink helms for smellulater
    Level 35 Tank, Smellulater power
    Level 19 Heal bot Wormskull ( be nice to little him)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    If you give normal mobs slightly better drops then I say do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is there to do at 35 by playing the actual dungeons right that's better than farming. It's my opinion that taking away farming will cost the interest of numerous lvl 35s unless some balance is made item-wise to play the whole level. I like the idea of increased mob drops, by alot. I also think just adding mob drops that are unique is a good idea. Don't just kill farming and add nothing though.
    Yimy - lvl 35 archer. Yimys - lvl 35 warrior. Yimydagreat - lvl 35 Enchantress. Yimyb - lvl 19 bow bear. yimyj - lvl 11 clever birdy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think we need a good mini dungeon for max level, something with quite a few boss's but you have to work a little bit to get there. It would be good if it was quite challenging but with good drop rates so to not waste lots of time.

I'm so tierd of having to kill one boss 2 meters away 50 times for one pink for myself. And I bet it would be a nightmare to level a toon up to 35 now.

If there was somehow tactics involved in dealing with the mini dungeon too that would be awesome, Say just for an EG, hellfire swamp map dropped croc eggs, you need to collect 20 croc eggs to spawn a boss in anouther mini dungeon, you can kill a lower level boss that has a 25% chance of pinks, but once that dies a mob spawns that you can feed the eggs to and spawn a mega super boss that has a 80% chance of dropping decent pinks/purples and 20% for uber ones. (Pulling % out of a hat not to be taken to much into account)

The second boss would have many minions, making all party members use crowd controll like mad, you would need a well formed team to take it down. Either lots of minions or waves of mobs to be killed, each wave getting harder and harder untill your facing a mega boss.

Anyway I'm getting distracted I'm sure you could workout a much better game mechanic for tatics.
    But yes I would like the boss's moved only if there would be a mini dungeon that would yeald the same or better drops then the current farming situation. This would let lower levels join in and gain exp, maybe an incentive of if a lower level is in exp range it puts the drop rate up by a small % to further encourage grouping with lower levels, other wise I could see them being left out. maybe just in the 4 level range of the dungeon, Eg 30-34 level players in team in exp range could put drop rate up by X amount. anyway just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I think this is probably true. Best solution IMO would be to add a max-level-only minidungeon that's very short, and very dense with bosses (kinda like the Magic Castle) to every campaign. People want to farm once they reach max level, and will find a way to avoid slogging through endless hordes of junk-dropping mobs.
    I agree to this 100%!
    Tallon - Archer - LVL 30
    Khraos - Warrior - LVL 22
    Vizardess - Enchantress - LVL 20
    Alterra

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

LOVE the idea!!!

Steve

ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,179 Posts

I have been working on a "Nightmare Dungeon" set for a few days - very much akin to this idea!

The changes I am considering right now are all surrounding the boss content. Maybe more minibosses and bosses compared to trash mobs. Right now my content probably has far too many trash mobs

More on this content later in the week as it develops.
    Thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes! This would be a very good idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I have been working on a "Nightmare Dungeon" set for a few days - very much akin to this idea!

The changes I am considering right now are all surrounding the boss content. Maybe more minibosses and bosses compared to trash mobs. Right now my content probably has far too many trash mobs

More on this content later in the week as it develops.
    Thanks!
    Sounds sick... this is a place to farm?

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree, too! Please do not move all bosses to the end. Or if you do, then please please create the boss-heavy mini-dungeon you mentioned!

A nightmare dungeon sounds wicked cool!!!!
    A mini-dungeon filled to the brim w bosses at the swamp lvl would be a win-win. Happy farmers (lol) and happy non-farmers

I just learned to farm. I thought I was farming before because i replayed whole campaigns trying to get pinks to better equip my enchantress since the stats on some pinks are awesome!

Before, I was getting invited to a game or I'd join a game and soon after EVERYONE would leave. I thought, "Is it me? Do I have b.o.?" Finally, a friend explained at the beginning of a game... Wow- so much fun... Hubby last night laughed at me for not knowing what farming actually was...lol It takes teamwork to keep doing it for more than a couple of games in a row. It's a new gameplay (for me) and really fun...

I think the server updates the game list so frequently that it shouldn't be too much trouble... Maybe if someone does not want to farm, join a swamp game that's not the Hellfire lvl to be safe? Or start a new game?
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-26-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage