Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Questions about the orcslaying/nomerite legendary set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Default Questions about the orcslaying/nomerite legendary set

Hello,

I have several questions about the crafting quest for the legendary orcslaying set. A developer comment will be highle appreciated. Thank u in advance! So here it goes:

1. Are the 4 pieces of the set stashable and/or tradeable?
    2. Is there any set bonus for acquiring/using all 4 pieces at once? If so what are the bonuses for each class?
    3. How come according to the stats released in this thread:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ansion-is-LIVE! only the mage set has a damage modifier on all four pieces, while the rogue's and the warrior's sets only have a damage modifier on 2 pieces each? What is the logic behind that and is this final/correct?

I think it is important to know all of that, because before embarking on the quest to gather all the required ingredients (depending on how many ingot each piece requires it is about a month for the dailies only), we do need to know what we are exactly getting for our time. Further in their current state 2 of 4 pieces are 100% gonna be liquidated/sold immediately for both the rogue and the warrior classes, as they are neither useful, nor are they better than easily accessible crate gear.

I for one don't want to spend time/resources just to end up with something that is not useful at all.

Thanks again for a much needed reply!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

u get 13-14 ingots in about less than 12hrs. So about 2 or 3 days to get one ingot. And....about less than 1.5 weeks to make a nomerite helm i think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    u get 13-14 ingots in about less than 12hrs. So about 2 or 3 days to get one ingot. And....about less than 1.5 weeks to make a nomerite helm i think?
    Maybe u mean 13-14 tags? The helm, if u would check the original thread, is only the first part of the quest. Anyhow now that the second daily is working u need 11 days for the helm only. Farming the 30 insignias aside. And then u have 3 more pieces, which require a unknown number of ingots .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where can we farm this materials to craft this helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctified View Post
    Where can we farm this materials to craft this helm?
    Do garetta dailies to get orc tags to buy from merchant in town. Farm orc bosses for insignias as well.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

1. Stashable, yes. Tradeable, no.
    2. This set does not have a set bonus.
    3. Each class benefits from stats in different ways, so giving everyone the same stats isn't always the best call. It's a balancing act between what classes want and what we are comfortable giving them. There are no plans to change these stats currently.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    3. Each class benefits from stats in different ways, so giving everyone the same stats isn't always the best call. It's a balancing act between what classes want and what we are comfortable giving them. There are no plans to change these stats currently.
    Thanks a lot for the swift reply. While I fully support class balance and certainly understand the general idea, I don't quite understand how it is motivating to spend time and resources to craft something that is less useful then the readily accessible crate gear. I guess it is what it is.

However in my opinion it is a mistake to "make" us go through the effort for somethig, which gives us 0 advantage. I certainly hope that the craft able myth set does not follow the same logic. Thanks again for the reply and for the consideration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Will the Orcslaying legendary set be used and continue to upgrade to mythic level 46 set? xD hehe.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The armor on these is less than crate legendaries.. They're supposed to be a stepping stone for players not rich enough to buy imbued or new lvl43 myths, while crate pinks get the better of them and are much easier to obtain. What's the point of farmable gear if its barely any better than your current one and despite taking a long time to farm is worse than crate pinks?

Not very fair imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post
    The armor on these is less than crate legendaries.. They're supposed to be a stepping stone for players not rich enough to buy imbued or new lvl43 myths, while crate pinks get the better of them and are much easier to obtain. What's the point of farmable gear if its barely any better than your current one and despite taking a long time to farm is worse than crate pinks?

Not very fair imho.
    that is why I ask the most important question. These orcslaying legendary could also be a chained and require mythic ingredient with glintstone to make them level 46 mythic set. ^^

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The orcslayer set is a boon for new players without gold. For everyone else, it's not worth the time (besides collectors, I guess). Just wait for the mythics.

I don't have a problem with it. It's just a daily quest. If the mythic set is also farmed from daily quests, I'll be more than annoyed because it will limit how fast I can get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    The orcslayer set is a boon for new players without gold. For everyone else, it's not worth the time (besides collectors, I guess). Just wait for the mythics.

I don't have a problem with it. It's just a daily quest. If the mythic set is also farmed from daily quests, I'll be more than annoyed because it will limit how fast I can get it.
    The problem is that the new maps are so hard, that new players without gold can't farm them for the dailies and the insignias anyway. It is a catch 22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thx Sts for quick reply , my only question is Orc ingot - 30 tags are tradable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    Thx Sts for quick reply , my only question is Orc ingot - 30 tags are tradable?
    tokens were never tradeable, or were they tradeable at some point? I dont remember that.

To answer your question, They are not tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    tokens were never tradeable, or were they tradeable at some point? I dont remember that.

To answer your question, They are not tradeable.
    Thank you for clearing that up , to make it more clear I was asking Orc ingot was tradeable not the orc tag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

is it worth the time??? should I craft this legendary set or trade my token for golden chest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frans3q View Post
    is it worth the time??? should I craft this legendary set or trade my token for golden chest?
    If you want the new mythics you have to craft the orcslayer gear. So to answer your question they aren't worth it but you have to do it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Yes. You need to complete the Orcslayer questline in order to receive the mythic questline.
    If you have no interest in crafting the new 46 mythics, then no you do not need it. Buy orc chests with your tags, and sell your legionnaire insignias for a nice profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    If you want the new mythics you have to craft the orcslayer gear. So to answer your question they aren't worth it but you have to do it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Yes. You need to complete the Orcslayer questline in order to receive the mythic questline.
    If you have no interest in crafting the new 46 mythics, then no you do not need it. Buy orc chests with your tags, and sell your legionnaire insignias for a nice profit.

any info about the mythic gears? stats, name, recipe, etc?

btw i calculate the orcslaying cost. the helmet cost 1mil, (if you buy golden chest with token and sell the insignia you can get 1mil instead a helmet). and the orc helmet isnt better than supreme hat that cost 150k-ish
    Last edited by frans3q; 08-19-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

True, orc set isn't useful, unless you can't afford better.

The new mythic are explained I think as a sticky in the Announcement section.

But, if you want to pursue 46 mythics, you have to complete the Orc questline, Fibus explains it in his post.

IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana