Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question about rengol bosses debuffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Default Question about rengol bosses debuffs

Hello all,

I have been running this expansion alot. So now ive started to notice that the debuffs Displayed on the UI arent working.

My current stats:

HP: 4591
    Dodge: 48.03%
    Critical: 41.34%
    Damage: 747.6
    Armor: 1577

Shaman Pakuna - Her fire fissures apply an armor debuff and a curse that inflicts a DoT and damage dealt to a character if attacking shaman pakuna whilst being affected by curse. I checked my stats section and my damage indeed fell from 747.6 to 585.4 - checking my armor (with the debuff being displayed on my UI) it was still 1577. So i wonder if this armor debuff actually takes place but doesnt show up on your stats page, Or does the fire fissure doesnt apply an armor debuff?

Thumper: Thumper's Pools do a Damage debuff and apply a snare (movement impairment effect). I again checked my stats (with the debuff on my UI) and found out my damage remains 747.6 - Does the debuff even work?

Not sure about Korgar Goretusk's debuffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This is actually an issue with the icons that I've already reported a few weeks back. Poison DoT as well as Shaman's is displayed with armor debuff icons that flash for each tick.

Similarly, bleed DoT is displayed with the damage debuff icon but it shows only in the status bar. The orange pool only snares afaik but all or almost all of Thumper's attacks add bleed DoT.

Also suggested that we get new icons for those on a weekly newsletter but it probably didn't get enough support or was ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    This is actually an issue with the icons that I've already reported a few weeks back. Poison DoT as well as Shaman's is displayed with armor debuff icons that flash for each tick.

Similarly, bleed DoT is displayed with the damage debuff icon but it shows only in the status bar. The orange pool only snares afaik but all or almost all of Thumper's attacks add bleed DoT.

Also suggested that we get new icons for those on a weekly newsletter but it probably didn't get enough support or was ignored.
    Lets call it the revenge of ignoring sir maddy's suggestion, we shall haz an ooprisin! :P

@Topic

I still see Nox Bolt's armor debuff (even without using aimed shot in PvP or a Mob). Isnt this related to the DoT (considering the default duration is 3s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Ok, Here's the Debuff list.

Shaman Pakuna
    Damage Debuff: 20% (approximate values with alot of testing with various gears)

Thumper
    Summons a pool that snares.

Korgar Goretusk
    No debuffs detected yet or found. In progress

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post

Worry not! Your feedback hasn't been ignored on this. The launch of the expansion has consumed all of our time recently though.

Unfortunately, this isn't as simply of a fix as you would think simply changing an icon is. There are other underlying systems which need to be tweaked to allow us to better communicate buffs/debuffs. I don't have an ETA for you, but we are aware of the issue and how it is impacting players.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    @Topic
    I still see Nox Bolt's armor debuff (even without using aimed shot in PvP or a Mob). Isnt this related to the DoT (considering the default duration is 3s).
    To clarify, Noxious Bolt does not apply any sort of armor debuff. The icon used to be the same with bleed's and burn's DoT until the fix for Arachna's poison pools (there was no sign that the player stepping on them was receiving a 10% armor debuff initially). The issue that arised from the fix was that after it was implemented, all poison and some other DoT's started incorrectly displaying the armor debuff icon for each and every tick. This was fine and acceptable for the Arachna fight since it was accurate for the most part but you can guess how it was misleading in any other instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Ok, Here's the Debuff list.

Shaman Pakuna
    Damage Debuff: 20% (approximate values with alot of testing with various gears)
    The damage debuff from Shaman's Lava Pool is actually 25%. *

*It's actually 10% + pet damage buff (hence 25% with 15% damage pet on my screen).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Worry not! Your feedback hasn't been ignored on this. The launch of the expansion has consumed all of our time recently though.

Unfortunately, this isn't as simply of a fix as you would think simply changing an icon is. There are other underlying systems which need to be tweaked to allow us to better communicate buffs/debuffs. I don't have an ETA for you, but we are aware of the issue and how it is impacting players.
    Well, that's certainly relieving to know! Thanks.
    Last edited by Madnex; 07-12-2015 at 01:20 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post: