Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Teaser Friday | New Vanities!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I wish another Call of Champions character had been chosen for sorcerer. Warrior? AWESOME. Rogue? AWESOME. Sorcerer? YUCK. I'm beyond sick of mage vanites that make us look stupid and/or ugly. Jord is ugly!

Why couldn't the vanity have been based on Zaar, Modus or Tempest? Even Violet would have been so so so much better. But... Jord???

I wish STS would not view mages as the runts. Why can't we have awesome vanity? Why must nearly every vanity make us look like a fool? Green Santa? Mostly Naked Jester? Winter Pokemon? Where's the awesome mage vanity that makes us look fierce, foreboding, respectable, etc?
    Don't underestimate Khalid, he has some pretty diabolical skills. XD But in all honesty they're trying to uphold the integrity of the character. The fact that he is a mage, and he is extremely short, of course his body isn't proportional and it's not very pleasing to the eyes, but from a design aspect I think they couldn't have done a better job of making the mage look like a Champion. Look at the bright side, at least they're giving you new vanities and actively making the game better.
    Last edited by Glorbuk; 07-13-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Creds to Doframingo/Dofrazeus for the Sig!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glorbuk View Post
    Don't underestimate Ulric, he has some pretty diabolical skills. XD But in all honesty they're trying to uphold the integrity of the character. The fact that he is a mage, and he is extremely short, of course his body isn't proportional and it's not very pleasing to the eyes, but from a design aspect I think they couldn't have done a better job of making the mage look like a Champion. Look at the bright side, at least they're giving you new vanities and actively making the game better.
    It's not Ulric, it's Jord. Ulric is support class, not mage class. Get your facts straight, please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-13-13-43-11.jpg 
Views:	1737 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	135719

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-13-13-56-14.jpg 
Views:	1192 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	135720

All of the suggestions I made were also mages from Call of Champions. The mage vanity looks just like the CoC character Jord, which is probably intentionally ugly. Having ugly vanity in the game doesn't really have a bright side. I've been through two seasons of mostly ulgy and/or disrespectful mage vanity and I've held out hoping STS was just going through a rough patch, but now I've had enough.

Mages want great vanity, not mockable vanity.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It's not Ulric, it's Jord. Ulric is support class, not mage class. Get your facts straight, please.

All of the suggestions I made were also mages from Call of Champions. The mage vanity looks just like the CoC character Jord, which is probably intentionally ugly. Having ugly vanity in the game doesn't really have a bright side. I've been through two seasons of mostly ulgy and/or disrespectful mage vanity and I've held out hoping STS was just going through a rough patch, but now I've had enough.

CoC is already out?
    Alts: Represents,Disrespects
    [True Legend]
    "Wtf a 2pc True Legend bird???-All
    Me: I beat the impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Oops that was actually a typo I meant it was Khalid, I never saw that Champion. I am testing CoC and Jord is not a Champion that has been shown there yet. It was definitely inspired by Jord, but take a look at Khalid and tell me they don't look similar.
    Last edited by Glorbuk; 07-13-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Creds to Doframingo/Dofrazeus for the Sig!