Thread: SnS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default SnS!

Hello all!

STS has specifically said that SnS will not be returning this year; but they have been known to go change their minds multiple times and let's hope (by let's I mean 99.99% of the serious game players - excluding the 40ish who own this pet already) it will happen again!

SnS is too OP a pet to be discontinued, really. All the arguments about Nekro being better than it are futile. In elite runs, I would pick 10 times out of 10 a party with an SnS and Nekro as opposed to 4 Nekros. So hopefully STS will bring it back! It would be beneficial both to them (plat) and the player base. Here's my idea:

SnS shouldn't be obtainable by running LB again; in fact, no pet ever should. Now that SnS is basically the most sought after pet in Arlor, people running for it could do themselves serious harm. Instead, I propose -

A crafting ingredient, Dark Shadow, should be purchased from the token vendor for, let us say, 1k tokens (assuming Ursoth drops 8-16 tokens), and another, Electrified Lodestone, for 1k tokens from the same vendor. Next, players must hunt for Ursoth's Heartwood, an arcane rarity item that is untradeable and only drops from Ursoth. The Shadow and Lodestone can then be welded to the Heartwood to get 2 items - Essence of Shady and Essence of Surge. Players then have a choice - open locked massive rengol crates or farm for the next crafting ingredient, Helena's Horror, which, indeed, drops from Helena and can be traded or got through crates as everybody hates her and would hate to farm it off her lol.

Helena's Horror imbues the two essences with a mystical power that, when crafted with 20 jewels of the 2nd or 3rd tier (I forget their names) and after a crafting time of 5 days - your SnS is done!

This process will take a long time as all the ingredients will be rare; and both STS and the players will benefit, STS by the increased number of crate and token purchases, and the players by a chance to get SnS!

I'd also suggest putting a cap on the number of pools that it can spawn so we don't have stacking.

Thoughts?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I would never want an SnS on myteam until my team had 2 nekros. A nekro player will ALWAYS be more useful in PvP, and even elites where 1 hit is an issue, than a player with SnS if they are the only players with the said pet in the team. You can avoid SnS's pools with ease. You can time heals to coincide with SnS pools. Nekro, on the other hand is unavoidable. The 40% damage reduction shield has NO replacement in a clash. It has a good panic rate and a surprisingly useful speed bosst. Add to the massive aoe damage is PA does and the helpful slow, and you have a pet that far surpasses sns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Sts won't make sns (if released) craft able or the method you explain since the community just thinks this pet is "OP" that means it has to be earned in a difficult manner and a lot of effort required I've suggested making it drop from locks but it's seem not everyone loves that idea. Someone suggested during the Event (3 weeks time period) Reach 75k points and you receive sns in you're stable making it untradeable meaning this can't be sold for people to buy its best this way since the people who actually put in effort to reach 75k points and earn this pet can show it off and say I did this legit and put in a lot of effort.

If sns was a egg again people will just buy it Which doesn't require effort. Poping locks or merching doesn't require effort. All you do is stand in town and repeat the same thing over and over again. Poping locks just requires you to stand still and open crates which require no effort. What about the farmers? Well if the pet was released as a egg it will be very costly and I doubt many people put in hard effort to get that gold to buy sns. Most rich these days Merch and pop locks when I say rich I mean 50m plus. So to end if off best making the pet not tradeable if it's released again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

If ever there was an abundance of SNS, ill be sure to get it for an adjusted price not exceeding 20m (if). Anyway if he is to return should be via LB URSOTH again. Via locks will flood the market, via craft and will flood the market a year from now.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Your idea is too complicated and luck based. Either make SnS a LB prize or make it that so once a player has hit 100k points they get an UNTRADEABLE SnS egg which they can freely put into their stash and open on another toon if they wish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

They should just release it like nightshade was. A lot of tokens and opened automatically on the character. The market won't flood and anyone who puts in the effort can get one.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wow another thread about sns -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

so silly sns thread .. go do something else ... stop posting SNS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This is so silly, when Nekro was 30m, there were plenty of thread saying nerf nekro. Now everyone has nekro and suddenly no one saying nerf nekro again? And then everyone move to asking for SNS saying how op it is because its the last pet they don't have. I'm pretty sure when everyone have sns there will be thread "buff sns, its pool always hit nothing!"...This is ridiculous.
    Last edited by kixkaxx; 07-12-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    This is so silly, when Nekro was 30m, there were plenty of thread saying nerf nekro. Now everyone has nekro and suddenly no one saying nerf nekro again? And then everyone move to asking for SNS saying how op it is because its the last pet they don't have. I'm pretty sure when everyone have sns there will be thread "buff sns, its pool always hit nothing!"...This is ridiculous.
    No its not because we have nekro that we arent asking for it to be nerfed. Sts has made it clear thst they dont care about the balance of the pet so people pretty much gave up. I have a nekro, might buy a 2nd and i think it should be nerfed

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Don't you have both sns and Nekro? No wonder you wouldn't want a return for the former and a nerf for the latter lol.

I want Nekro nerfed although I own it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Don't you have both sns and Nekro? No wonder you wouldn't want a return for the former and a nerf for the latter lol.

I want Nekro nerfed although I own it.
    I don't have SNS, though 2month ago I tried to buy one egg for 250m, but there's no seller. Now I'm fine with it. Moreover, I'm fine with nerfing nekro as well.

Look at all the people shouting about SNS, they just want to get the pet with no effort. It would be so said if STS listen to them.

I'm fine with bringing it back or even introducing more powerful pet, but to make it fair, sts needs to make it the same effort as before. However, since the same effort would inevitably mean 4 weeks no sleep, so I'd rather wish it won't be back.
    Last edited by kixkaxx; 07-12-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I don't have SNS, though 2month ago I tried to buy one egg for 250m, but there's no seller. Now I'm fine with it. Moreover, I'm fine with nerfing nekro as well.

Look at all the people shouting about SNS, they just want to get the pet with no effort. It would be so said if STS listen to them.

I'm fine with bringing it back or even introducing more powerful pet, but to make it fair, sts needs to make it the same effort as before. However, since the same effort would inevitably mean 4 weeks no sleep, so I'd rather wish it won't be back.

With the upcoming event are going to be more than 90-100 Shady & Surge. Ties & screenshot contest. If are going to be so many then why shouldn't be in the vendor store for anybody? After Ursoth will end pvp maps are going to look like Wonderland.

I doubt we have more than 300 NS in stables right now. And NS was a easy catch.
    Last edited by Titanium; 07-12-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ikr one thread is enough we don't need another 2 SnS threads -.-
    Last edited by Onite; 07-12-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Overweightank

I'll say this once; No more SNS. People keep saying to bring back, They don't PVP or most of them don't even know what their talking about. This is like letting children Vote Zzz

if sns returns (IFFFFFFFFFF) then it should be a very very tight lb reward. Like top 10 out of the top 25, rest get vanities. Because if we bring a few more sns to game. It's over. SnS CAN be countered. But SnS is a very Op pet that should not come back unless it's worked 3 weeks for a tiring grind. Tokens? Locked drops? All of these will kill everything that has made this game great. Not everything in this game must be free! Especially not SNS. We have Nekro for like 7m, Rings are 7m, Singe is 2.5m, maridos is 2.5m , Sam is 2m, toor is 2.5m, Shard is 1.5m -_-

What else do you people want? With 20m you can Max your character to the fullest. All these people wanting these op pets, it's like giving away free Nekros. Just be grateful with what you have.

PS: Nightshade is very over rated, I'd go as far to say he sucks. I used him for 2 days thats it... I got him first day, I spent only 30k on energy kits (got 4 kits) Rest was free. So nightshade did not cost any gold, it's fully free. For people who keep saying for Nightshade how they brought back SNS should be the same; No it should not. Nightshade isn't even close to Comparable with SNS.

Either don't bring back SNS at all, Or make it a very difficult LB Prize. I hate watching people want a free SNS. Go farm for Nekro. I'm not trying to be mean but it gets REALLY annoying.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Overweightank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Shady and Surge should not be brought back. It is a very rare item. STS can make a new pet similar to SNS like maybe SNS 2.0. SNS should stay un-gettable. I think SNS deserves an event of its own if it comes back not by Ursolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

This is kinda a bad idea because ursoth event will last only 3 weeks so I don't think anyone will have the time to loot all these ingridients and especially when 1 of them is of arcane rarity..... Just remember how painful it was for some people to loot recipe and recipe was a mythic item well now multiply it by 10 and here you go.... To be honest though your main idea with the tokens is pretty good maybe work on it like 2k tokens drag bar+ingot would be an egg or something like that..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Anything that is uber powerful, game changing and event exclusive is a problem.
    "SnS is too OP to be discontinued" theres only under 30 in the game. If there were hundreds Id agree with your statement, but since theres under 30. SnS is too OP to come back. It will ruin the game for the newer generation of players because of its insane power, I think STS already learnt their mistake, that anything GAME CHANGING and exclusive to a specific event is bad for the games lifespan, as this severely discourages new players. If I was a new player and was told that the most powerful pet that dominates timed LB is exclusive to a specific event that comes around once a year with a very slim chance to obtain due to the demand. I probably wouldnt want to play as much. The damage has already been done, unless the pet is available ALL YEAR round to be obtained in some way, making it come back just for ursoths would deal more damage.
    The only way this should come back/be available again is if its available to be obtained in some form all year round. Making it exclusive to just ursoths event would discourage future players. This or it should just never come back.
    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Titanfall; 07-15-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I just wanna say that sns is NOT that op lol.
    I have sns and 9/10 times i use nekro cuz HELLOOOO the shield is beyond OP.
    In pvp sns is nothing compared to nekro ! Unless u are clashing there is no need for sns the heals of even two stacked pools cant heal u fast enough from a 2-3k crit before u are crit again and dead.a nekro shield can save u long enough for a skill heal.
    Sns is pretty great in pve but also the pools are VERY random. Idk who is always perfectly resummoning sns and getting all the pools to stack every time but it sure isnt me lolName:  image.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  904.1 KBEven if u do managed to stack a sns pool you still have to lure any mobs into it!by that time sns pools usually VANISH.

Another thing is i was one of the people to LEGITIMATELY obtain a sns by grinding the first ursoth event.yes i chose to spend a few weeks grinding for sns.so yea i dont think it fair for people to just get them via locked crates!im all for bringing sns back but ONLY by HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION.

This is just my two cents on the matter.nekro is still the best pet imo and readily available for those who arent lazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sns is good but nekro is better! Problem solved.