Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mages are not your slaves...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [Lt] Shiny View Post
    This is why we Avians just stick to being birds (with Restore just to heal us) :/
    The only reason that I started playing a mage was to better understand mages. As a bear, I wanted to know what to expect from a mage. Until I started playing a mage, I didn't realize i had to be WITHIN 8M of the mage to get healed.

Mages only get two heal spells. One heal spell, "Blessing of Vitality", only heals 2 H/s. As a bear, i though i was getting this great regen buff from a mage. But, it's like nothing at all for high level characters.

The main heal spell is only 80-160 health, and you probably have around 600 HP. With a 3 second cool down, it will take a while to do a full heal.

So, don't expect too much, don't rush into a room too quickly, and put on that +H/s gear. The mage can't save you as easily as you think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Um, my main heal spell is 117-237 and I'm only level 51 and I have some STR points.

As for fire traps, just because a mage revs, doesn't mean you can't time the fire trap yourself...

I don't remember the last time my mage got yelled at, so to help your playing experience, it's VERY important to avoid the jerk players when you find them.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the flip side, birds don't really like being ordered around by paladins when we are the ones doing all of the damage and taking all of the aggro. There are jerk players of all types, just bail on them and *maybe* they will get the hint.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonyy View Post
    people should stay close to each other instead of disappearing out of view. but i am with the mages i get fed of those; especially when they are high level always dying. i just wonder if some of them dont use their own pots just to get free rev's in the game.
    As a mage who prefers the support role very much, this is my only pet peeve.
    I very rarely become annoyed with another player unless its one who refuses to stick with the group.
    And if you are not a Bear or Paladin you should NOT be running ahead of anyone else into a group of shadows...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Um, my main heal spell is 117-237 and I'm only level 51 and I have some STR points.
    The spell description says 80-160. I guess a little is added for level or stats. My point is that PL is not like other games where the mage gets a bunch of heal spells like "group complete heal", or a fast group regen like +32H/s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The major amount of healing comes from INT stats: mine are 119-242 with 246 INT. For a good balance of offence/defence IMHO the better PL team is composed by two mages, two birds and one bear. With two mages the healing section is enough for all situations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

When I play I'm constantly healing, even if the group doesn't need it, just to make healing a habit. I stay near the tank, but often I see that some members are consistently running around with damage and not getting healed. Maybe they lag too far behind the group, or chase a critter away from the group. I guess it is probably these people that wonder why they don't get healed. I will not leave the group to go heal someone.

When I play my bird, I stay near the mage. When I play my bear, I try to stay ahead of the group, which is hard sometimes because it seems everyone wants to be first to rush into a room. I don't know why anyone would run ahead of the bear, unless it's due to lag. If the bear stop, my mage stops behind the bear; I don't try to do the bear's job (unless there is no bear in the group).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My main is a 55 tank, I have a host of mages on my friend list and have never asked to be revived...I do my job and they do theirs.This is for me the point, if you are of value to the team your mage will keep you alive when it all gets a bit too much. But it is also up to you to spam those health pots and do what you can to keep yourself in the game. If you have to ask, maybe your not worth reviving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I Heal Non-stop But The Whole Rez Thing Will Only Happen If I Am Able To At That Moment... In The Past I Would Just Go Rez As Soon As They Died And Then i Would Die With No One To Rez Me :-/... Now Im 55 And Been Playing Forever So I Put Myself First If They Already Died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If they act like a prude then just tell 'em to spend the 1 plat and revive themselves... If they boot ya, no biggy deal, there's hundreds of games active at any givin moment, if they act like a punk, no big deal, just forget about it!
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I lied. I have one other pet peeve, which I think has been mentioned before.
    A lot of times I find myself being the only mage in the group.
    And for some reason, baddies like elven sweetmeat no matter how far behind the tank I am.
    So I die and then of course someone else dies because I am not there to heal them.
    So they repeatedly asks for rev from the Overload's room while I am running back.
    I politely let them know I died, respawned and running all the way back.
    After the 5th time I inform them that they should turn the map on and turn their mouth off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

switch to bears, and get some plat - then you dont have to worry about it

lol... i am always greatful for a revive... so thanks ahead of time to all the mages!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone is so rude to mages in the sewer!!! I'm so freakin tired of those people I don't even go there anymore!!! Its tuff enuff being a mage without having to get chewed out because some fighter cant keep his sorry butt alive! We mages are glass cannons an do our best to survive while buffing,healing an laying the smack down! So the last thing we want to here is "RES" "HELP"...I'll get to you when I can... lolz
    Last edited by Sharrn; 05-21-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While "dumb" birds and bears do tick me off in a "/sigh there they go again" kind of way I would say other mages are worse. Bears and birds wander off REALLY far and overpull to boot before realizing they are alone....can get old but what can you do?

Mages on the other hand that don't know how to play irritate to no end... they pull before the bear, die. They don't help heal, others die. They don't HEAL THEMSELVES (lol), die. While I'm sitting spamming debuffs and heals out the yingyang trying to keep them alive, pull hate, die....and watch their HP bar empty and, wait for it, REV ME MAGE. REV ME NOW. REV????

/facepalm
    Azesche - 36 dex bird
    Jinxiii - 47 pally enchantress
    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Apparently this is a rant section.... I have a 55bird and bear.. Mage will be there anyday... Each character has its role and you cannot be a powerful player without realizing it.... the best mages heal very often... And I could write a lot... But good work all.. its a team game - Lets enjoy that aspect - know your role.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

JJ!!! good to see you on the forums!!!

I know you like bears better

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol.... The durability of bears is awesome.. I love pulling a massive mob and then taunting in it =).... They just need more area affect attacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

wow. actually i hate other mages that don't heal or revive, it's what mages are for, if you don't like people asking you to heal them, then why be a mage? i'm a mage because i don't want people in m team to die.

Nzdevil-76 Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtymonkey_666 View Post
    wow. actually i hate other mages that don't heal or revive, it's what mages are for, if you don't like people asking you to heal them, then why be a mage? i'm a mage because i don't want people in m team to die.
    There's more to being a mage than healing. They deal a ton of damage, and unlike other games, the role of healer and nuker is combined in this game.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ayrilana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have a mage who is a slave what of it lol
    let the name simnar echo trough time
    http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...ncostume-1.jpg