Thread: oppinions on 2 things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Default oppinions on 2 things.

1) I've never seen this discussed but are amulets for defense and rings for attack or vice versa?

2) Any one try curse in pve lately as sorc? Yea I know some be all "hey look at the curse noob in pve." But I find it a great party defense. After numerous km3 runs with and without curse (pug runs ofc) me and my party died considerably less with curse then without. I believe a mage can offically become just pure support/tank like everyone wants. Have shield, clock, heal, and curse on hud and bam. Shield yourself, heal to grab aggro, clock to mob control, curse to make them hit themselves, and spam auto attack. No not the high damage sorc people would expect but definitely could be a new breed of sorc
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

mesalin

Well it's true that mage can be tank. I seen some mages they are like tank well its nice. Idk what about curse to pve never tried it but ik that curse is awersome for PvP

I'm so fresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    1) I've never seen this discussed but are amulets for defense and rings for attack or vice versa?

2) Any one try curse in pve lately as sorc? Yea I know some be all "hey look at the curse noob in pve." But I find it a great party defense. After numerous km3 runs with and without curse (pug runs ofc) me and my party died considerably less with curse then without. I believe a mage can offically become just pure support/tank like everyone wants. Have shield, clock, heal, and curse on hud and bam. Shield yourself, heal to grab aggro, clock to mob control, curse to make them hit themselves, and spam auto attack. No not the high damage sorc people would expect but definitely could be a new breed of sorc
    1. Truly your choice..... Depends on what you buy....

2. Um no..... This is an instant dead mage build, in any elite above shuyal (except wilds) this means utter death. Mages with above 4k hp get killed super fast if drawn aggro cant even imagine a regular mage.... Also the aggro would hold for 1-2 seconds max before they realize you are doing nothing to them(ever wonder why tanks have trouble keeping aggro with so many skills that attract aggro).... if you spec full str to avoid the ko's your curse and auto attack will be utterly useless....Swap curse with gale no dash and now u can maybe survive the attacks long enough to pot but again you are doing almost no damage and spreading out the mobs.....
    So many flaws....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    1. Truly your choice..... Depends on what you buy....

2. Um no..... This is an instant dead mage build, in any elite above shuyal (except wilds) this means utter death. Mages with above 4k hp get killed super fast if drawn aggro cant even imagine a regular mage.... Also the aggro would hold for 1-2 seconds max before they realize you are doing nothing to them(ever wonder why tanks have trouble keeping aggro with so many skills that attract aggro).... if you spec full str to avoid the ko's your curse and auto attack will be utterly useless....Swap curse with gale no dash and now u can maybe survive the attacks long enough to pot but again you are doing almost no damage and spreading out the mobs.....
    So many flaws....
    Technically the 2nd part of the 2nd part was mostly sarcasm due to posts about mages being support. The first part about using curse in pve is curious to me. Last time I tried it was 36 cap and it worked well in elites but now no clue since its been tampered. I do notice the bosses in km3 cause some major damage to themselves with it. i use gale but never tried armor upgrade only went 2 in it. I try sticking to 4 dmg skills on hid (clock,ice,fire,light) but get aggroed way to damn quick. Might tale your advice bout the armor upgrade on it tho. BTW to all gale users, if you clock a mob be sure to use fire to stun before using gale...or at least aim it so mob doesnt scatter out of the dt zone
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Technically the 2nd part of the 2nd part was mostly sarcasm due to posts about mages being support. The first part about using curse in pve is curious to me. Last time I tried it was 36 cap and it worked well in elites but now no clue since its been tampered. I do notice the bosses in km3 cause some major damage to themselves with it. i use gale but never tried armor upgrade only went 2 in it. I try sticking to 4 dmg skills on hid (clock,ice,fire,light) but get aggroed way to damn quick. Might tale your advice bout the armor upgrade on it tho. BTW to all gale users, if you clock a mob be sure to use fire to stun before using gale...or at least aim it so mob doesnt scatter out of the dt zone
    0.0 lol...
    Anyway as safi said mages that can keep the mobs from attacking (similar to a pvp style stun-lock) are far more desirable...
    back to curse, the reason it does so much damage is because the boss francisca or something attacks very quickly with passive attacks so your curse is more active. Currently curse only works if a target is hit by an attack. With all the 1 hits going on getting hit by an attack will likely cost an ankh and waste money and time for small incriminates of damage...
    Overall curse is not viable in pve

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Fire,Ice,Clock,Shield Mobs
    Fire,Lightning,Clock,Shield Boss

^^ this is the best pve build. Especially for new maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

What I meant by amulet and rings it seems one alwąys take away more armor and gives damage while the other does the opposite....I think I'm actually still rocking a 36 amulet cause I can't find one that increases both armor and dmg. BTW Hi saf long time no see lol
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 07-13-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwmsix View Post
    Fire,Ice,Clock,Shield Mobs
    Fire,Lightning,Clock,Shield Boss

^^ this is the best pve build. Especially for new maps
    best? there are better alternatives depends on the type of map you're running, your gear, and your play style

For normal mobs, i personally like Fire, Ice, Wind, Clock, even for new maps. As for elite, i'd use that same build, or switch wind for shield ( as you suggested) when i feel a little more squishy.

As for boss, again it depends on the boss. If the boss summons mobs ( blood hammer) then yes, have clock , but usually i go for Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning for normal and Fire , ice, lightning, and shield for elite. As clock isn't particularly useful against boss because of the lack of root/slow to keep having the dot on the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

well it actually depends on your playstyle, im using elon gun and my build is Fire Gale Clock and Heal on mobs. Fire Light Gale Heal on boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    best? there are better alternatives depends on the type of map you're running, your gear, and your play style

For normal mobs, i personally like Fire, Ice, Wind, Clock, even for new maps. As for elite, i'd use that same build, or switch wind for shield ( as you suggested) when i feel a little more squishy.

As for boss, again it depends on the boss. If the boss summons mobs ( blood hammer) then yes, have clock , but usually i go for Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning for normal and Fire , ice, lightning, and shield for elite. As clock isn't particularly useful against boss because of the lack of root/slow to keep having the dot on the boss.
    It is odd how most sorcs have same skills but use them differently. If I feel safe I go all out dmg skills. On boss if theres a way he can stay in one place I might use clock to replace shield since his one hits can mostly be avoided. I have yet to fully run one map using gale except to catch up or speed threw but respeced it properly for dmg ima try it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

It is odd how most sorcs have same skills but use them differently. If I feel safe I go all out dmg skills. On boss if theres a way he can stay in one place I might use clock to replace shield since his one hits can mostly be avoided. I have yet to fully run one map using gale except to catch up or speed threw but respeced it properly for dmg ima try it.
    Hint for gale is to gale into walls, and gale straggling enemies into traps, clocks ,groups
    Also great for runs to boss c:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Hint for gale is to gale into walls, and gale straggling enemies into traps, clocks ,groups
    Also great for runs to boss c:
    Lol yea found the wall thing the hard way. Still find it hilarious when you accidentally gale backwards tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That's a moonwalk, respect the moonwalk or the real illuminati(yes we smurfs compromise 99% of the illuminati) or you will find yourself in the back of a van with a hood pulled backwards on ur face...
    That sounds like a good time to me