Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: level 4s etc joining Lost Expedition runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default level 4s etc joining Lost Expedition runs

tonight i kept getting into groups with multiple sub-20s (mainly sub-10 lol) on Lost Expedition. after quitting several i started my own group and they kept joining, and were kicked. wtf is going on? why are these people joining? join a friend's game if you want to be power-leveled. joining and then asking for items, hysterical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Because people have realized that they can get tons of exp by tagging along on higher-level quests. :P It's teh suck.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just as you stop getting xp for being too high level on quests, if 5+ levels lower then the minimum you shouldn't get xp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ed anger View Post
    just as you stop getting xp for being too high level on quests, if 5+ levels lower then the minimum you shouldn't get xp.
    I've had this idea too, and I agree. Either that or if you are that low of a level, you get all the monster aggro and die over and over and over. That'd be sweet too, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why should there be a minimum level to get exp? It's ridiculous. IMO the current system is fine the way it is. These people, low level or not, paid for the map. Why should they be not allowed to benefit from it?

One time I was soloing LE, then a few people came in. They were at the higher 20's. Then this lvl 6 joined and some of them were like "boot pls" like they own the world. I refused, and told them that I was alone in the first place, no one gets harmed if anyone takes the extra player spot. "But he's leeching!" So what? If you're against helping strangers, then make your own map, and boot to your liking (which you said you did.)

Of course in any MMO there are beggars, just ignore them. There's a special button given to us by the game devs just to do that.
    --------------- Alterra --------------------
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Devs should really make extra options for creating a game: level range, only for friends, only with password etc...
    Cooz - Encharcher
    Coozw - Warrior
    Cooze - Archer
    Coozo - Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I wouldn't even say they get tons of xp and they are noobs so they don't realize this. Mega-Maze is the best place to tag along by far! The baddies are really easy and there is 200+ of them! You can also get to level 28 with the Maze. That leaves 29-33 in Lost Expedition. 34-35 in Ancient Swamps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neurion View Post
    One time I was soloing LE, then a few people came in. They were at the higher 20's. Then this lvl 6 joined and some of them were like "boot pls" like they own the world. I refused, and told them that I was alone in the first place, no one gets harmed if anyone takes the extra player spot. "But he's leeching!" So what? If you're against helping strangers, then make your own map, and boot to your liking (which you said you did.)
    actually, untrue. a lvl 4 cant really help out, so they are taking the place of someone who could actually help finish the map, kill the bosses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooz View Post
    Devs should really make extra options for creating a game: level range, only for friends.
    yes please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're both right. A lvl 4 can't help complete the map, but at the same time they have paid for it.

How about if you're 5 lvls bellow, you only get xp if YOU get kills. Which obviously wouldn't happen.
    Live in the south of England? Want a FREE guitar lesson? Please visit http://www.guitarlon.moonfruit.com for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarlon View Post
    You're both right. A lvl 4 can't help complete the map, but at the same time they have paid for it.

How about if you're 5 lvls bellow, you only get xp if YOU get kills. Which obviously wouldn't happen.
    Or maybe set a Minimum Level for each map to get exp and loot? example, must be at least lvl 20 to gain exp and loot drops from Lost Expedition? and maybe at least lvl 25 for Ancient Swamps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

actually, untrue. a lvl 4 cant really help out, so they are taking the place of someone who could actually help finish the map, kill the bosses etc.
    Like I said, I was soloing the map in the first place. It wouldn't make any difference to me before and after that level 6 joined. But for him it would be a huge boost. It's a no-lose situation.

If I want to finish a map where I'll get help from teammates, I'll invite friends. If they can't come, then I wait for people to enter. If low levels come in then at least give a "high levels only, sorry" before booting them.

Of course if you "leechers" are reading, then I'd like to ask you to ask permission first. "Can low levels join?" I've seen a few do this and it's generally not a problem.
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    Or maybe set a Minimum Level for each map to get exp and loot? example, must be at least lvl 20 to gain exp and loot drops from Lost Expedition? and maybe at least lvl 25 for Ancient Swamps?
    This is unfair to low levels who can be actually useful. Example, as early as level 10, an enchantress can have maxed-out heal. She joins an archer soloing a non mob-filled Crypts map. Having huge dodge, the archer rarely gets damaged, but when he does, it matters. Now the enchantress does a good job filling those HPs nicely. Still think she doesn't deserve exp/loot?

I just pulled that example randomly from my head, I'm sure you can think of more. Mind you, low levelled tank bears can stun things nicely even in LE (their really low threat allows them to Stomp out what gets too close to the party.)

Come on guys. Is this really hurting anyone? I can be lvl 35 and just be as useless in a party as any low level (e.g. laggy, afk, etc)
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Of course if you "leechers" are reading, then I'd like to ask you to ask permission first. "Can low levels join?" I've seen a few do this and it's generally not a problem.
    i've never, ever heard anyone ask permission.

Come on guys. Is this really hurting anyone? I can be lvl 35 and just be as useless in a party as any low level (e.g. laggy, afk, etc)
    specious argument, anyone can be useless at some point, but a level 4 will always be useless. it's not like they cant level in Forest or Castle, is there some reason they need to come to LE and beg for loot they cant use for 25+ levels?

and as i said, if you are trying to get a real run though the maps you end up having to host it yourself and kick people or its not going to happen, you end up with multiple people not contributing, which leads to frustration.
    Last edited by ed anger; 05-27-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i've never, ever heard anyone ask permission.
    It hasn't happened very often, but I have actually seen lower leveled people enter and say "Hey, mind if I play this level with you?". Honestly, ever since they changed the looting system I don't care if lower leveled players enter my map, because they aren't taking loot from me and the XP difference is minimal (in my observation). The only time I'll think about booting them is if the team fills up, then they are taking a spot from a potential higher-leveled player. Plus, in AS they don't stick around long anyway because once they get one-shotted like 5 times in a row they tend to leave

That said, it still would be nice to have a level restricting option when creating games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the difference in XP? AS in if you get a kill on a map alone and you get 10xp for example - when someone else joins, do uyouu get 5 each?!
    Live in the south of England? Want a FREE guitar lesson? Please visit http://www.guitarlon.moonfruit.com for more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pfft, Ive seen some leechers more useful then capped players
    Enchantress that that heals you is a dream to me, so....
    And plently of archers and warriors that really WORK even though lower lvld, yea there are some limits to HOW low. However the quality of a player is not based on lvl, or even equipment.
    Tobikuma/Duciel/Thorulf - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only things that change with more people is less g/person and more drops/person. The XP stays the same afaik.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate leechers, But if they pay, they can play.

You have a boot button AND an ignore button.

I agree that the ability to set a min level for custom games would be nice.... But under no circustances should people not be allowed to play certain maps because of their "xp"
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If I'm in a PvE game and there are way lower levels tryin to get power leveled without asking, I usually just let them die a quick death and try not to help them at all. I know this makes me seem like an A$$, but hey, thats how I roll. If they asked me to help power level them, I have no problem with that, Leechers deserve to get swarmed by the higher level mobs ;P
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Esus we've always been at war with the leeches. And since almost always you or me are hosting they get a firm kick to the pants.