Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Order and Chaos is better. Here's Why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I couldnt find Lone in the user list...
    http://worldofmidgard.com/forum/

it lists their moderators next to subforums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow both Balonia and Lone got to be mods there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    Yup. I despise monthly/annual payments. And upfront cost is 7 bucks .__. erh... was gonna download too.. Wow at price.
    Its $7! not a billion! the money is worth it, im sure youve spent more then $7 on PL $7 is all you need for 3 months. thats a lot of playing time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    Doesn't look like an official forum. Only 6 members online right now? Probably a fan forum. Regardless, it's not difficult to become a mod on such especially if it's run by players and not official staff.

Anyway, O&C just irritates me with it looking like WoW. Like a Chinatown knockoff. They will probably run into some legal issues. If Apple and Android can sue each other over functionality features, I don't see why not.

PL is like family to me. That game might turn out to be huge with too many players. I wouldn't get used to it easily. Is it noob friendly? I think we'll see more elitist on O&C than on PL. Cocky elitists ruin the game experience.
    Yes its noob friendly. The first 10 levels serve as a sort of tutorial. And there is a hint manual if youve forgotten things.

as for the elitists, this game is so big that you might not run into too many, people are really nice in game I was having trouble killing a mob so i walked up to someone and asked for help and they brought their friends along and we blew anything that came against us out of the water. It was an amazing experience.

Also, this game is HARD. its vital that you use all your skills and plan ahead. It's got some amazing strategy elements and you cant just spam the attack button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's not out for Android yet last time I read so until I try it, that's half my review(preview).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by longsteak View Post
    Yes its noob friendly. The first 10 levels serve as a sort of tutorial. And there is a hint manual if youve forgotten things.

as for the elitists, this game is so big that you might not run into too many, people are really nice in game I was having trouble killing a mob so i walked up to someone and asked for help and they brought their friends along and we blew anything that came against us out of the water. It was an amazing experience.

Also, this game is HARD. its vital that you use all your skills and plan ahead. It's got some amazing strategy elements and you cant just spam the attack button.
    Sounds like they're sticking to their pattern with SO, HoS, etc (and NOT DH). I like hearing there's a challenge -- hopefully not enough of one to make you give up in frustration, though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sounds like they're sticking to their pattern with SO, HoS, etc (and NOT DH). I like hearing there's a challenge -- hopefully not enough of one to make you give up in frustration, though?
    well heres the thing, you can solo, but the game is way easier with people and funner too. Its really easy making friends too because theres usually like 20 people near you or in a town nearby. You just need to ask to join up with people

and solo is challenging. I found myself dying a lot at a boss, but the spawn point was near so i didnt mind. Every time I dies i tried something different with my skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Kinda risky not releasing for Android. Here's why I think so.

http://www.mobile-marketing-blog.net...one-in-uk.html

There's a global marketing evaluation by Nielson but the news page won't load. Basically saying Android is becoming more popular than iPhone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Kinda risky not releasing for Android. Here's why I think so.

http://www.mobile-marketing-blog.net...one-in-uk.html

There's a global marketing evaluation by Nielson but the news page won't load. Basically saying Android is becoming more popular than iPhone.
    According to the DD mods, Android has a very high rate of piracy. Maybe that's why?
    For in-app purchases it may be different, so maybe that's why STS is making more off android.
    I dunno, just speculating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

According to the DD mods, Android has a very high rate of piracy. Maybe that's why?
    For in-app purchases it may be different, so maybe that's why STS is making more off android.
    I dunno, just speculating.
    True... I can pirate so many games. Including DD. But still, it's a monthly subscription, so even if I downloaded it for free, I probably wouldn't be able to play. Unless there's free servers like some people did with WoW. (I don't play but my friend claimed he was playing WoW for free.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

True... I can pirate so many games. Including DD. But still, it's a monthly subscription, so even if I downloaded it for free, I probably wouldn't be able to play. Unless there's free servers like some people did with WoW. (I don't play but my friend claimed he was playing WoW for free.)
    Good point. So I dunno. Might just be habit. Maybe if it's successful on iDevices, they'll port it to Android (like PL did)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Might take some time. Regardless, I'm not looking forward to playing this. Doesn't appeal to me. I want B*!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally wouldn't mind a monthly subscription module, I actually like that more than what we play currently. The reason being, you actually have to earn your stuff, in PL as long as you have real life money you can buy anything you want.

Tifarah - Level 56 Mage
    PROUD MEMBER OF AEO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The guys at DD said that over 75% of the Android users pirated the game. I find that hard to believe. As was stated above they could do this;

1) Make the game free to download on Android.
    2) Make it so immediately upon getting passed all the splash screens that you must create an account and verify it via email.
    3) Once your account is verified, the only option you can click would be the "item-mall".
    4) The only options in the item-mall you should have the options to purchase are the subscriptions.
    5) Once the subscription is purchased you now have access to everything like all the iOS users.
    6) ??
    7) Profit

Under this process, there can be no pirating.
    Last edited by Varking; 04-27-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tested it, ill deff play less pl at home now. When im at doctor or in car / train i still play pl.
    Last edited by superglut2; 04-27-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'll try and give the game another chance, since some players here will make trying it again worthwhile. Mind if I ask a few questions though, caught the thread too long to catch up.

Any combat tips? I'm still finding it difficult to use skills appropriately because of the swipe slots. Any tips there?

Any chat commands? I was chatting to Red earlier and had to keep opening and closing the chatbox to reply.

Anyone know if the IAP for gold/runes are totally OP?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Apart from the 6 gold I bought to start the guild. It's really not worth while to pay for the gold. You'll earn it fast enough as you level anyways. Runes however im nOt too sure about yet.

Elly. Try mapping your skills to the side hotkeys. If you want I imagine you could completely ignore the wheel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The pop out side bar? The one that looks like shelves? I'll try that. They shouldnt make it interrupt the entire combat though, I couldn't move or such when I open the tab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Hmm. Yeah I was goina try to use it for extra skills when I got to the time where I had more than the wheel could take I didn't know it interrupted combat though hmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll try out the game once I get back home. I've been waiting for a WoW clone on mobile device.

I've always been a fan of subscription-based games as long as they give quality maintenance and updates, like Blizzard with WoW and StarCraft 2 (still waiting on Diablo 3).
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer