Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gold toor vs toor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Default Gold toor vs toor

Would like to see golden toor have a slight stat edge over regular one. Make it the true best pet of the new season! Thoughts from the community?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Would like to see golden toor have a slight stat edge over regular one. Make it the true best pet of the new season! Thoughts from the community?
    For sure should be up there best arcane in its own way.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i also think that he needs a buff i looted 3 and i opened one, if you make a pet more rare, at least make it better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Hang on I thought the plan going forward for sts was to close the gap between the rich n the poor better... not make it worse.

Gold toor can only be obtained via locks unlike regular toor which you can get with tokens.

Now as its great to have a variety of pets especially ones you can show off but if we follow suit on buffing a vanity pet then can we bring up the gold vanity from sirspendsalot actually dropping real gold when you wear it for one to collect as well ?

The pet in geneal (toor) is already due a buff this weekend an cannot give sts enough love an credit for getting the fixes done...

But lets not start pushing for unnessercy changes just to make a quick buck because you have a few gold pets stashed away...

1 < 3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Too late for making Gold Toor the new best pet. He was created to add extra arcane item to the loot table. Soon IMO STS will release a new arcane pet comparable to SNS in line with Ursoth event.

What we need is a new hard to earn craftable pet(like Nekro at the beginning) so for a year or a couple of months this will be the "top" pet.
    also to stroke "so-called-elite-players-top-plat-spenders" ego that they have the best most unique pet.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Too late for making Gold Toor the new best pet. He was created to add extra arcane item to the loot table. Soon IMO STS will release a new arcane pet comparable to SNS in line with Ursoth event.

What we need is a new hard to earn craftable pet(like Nekro at the beginning) so for a year or a couple of months this will be the "top" pet.
    also to stroke "so-called-elite-players-top-plat-spenders" ego that they have the best most unique pet.
    The thing with bashing the plat spenders is this. We keep the game in motion too. Sts has to appease both sides-

Do you think I'm happy about what they did with shards and fossils? Yeah no.

So golden toor is a way to bridge this to the people funding legends.

Boost the stats slightly, give golden some crit or little more dmg. Then we have more reasons to keep opening and trying to loot them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Hang on I thought the plan going forward for sts was to close the gap between the rich n the poor better... not make it worse.

Gold toor can only be obtained via locks unlike regular toor which you can get with tokens.

Now as its great to have a variety of pets especially ones you can show off but if we follow suit on buffing a vanity pet then can we bring up the gold vanity from sirspendsalot actually dropping real gold when you wear it for one to collect as well ?

The pet in geneal (toor) is already due a buff this weekend an cannot give sts enough love an credit for getting the fixes done...

But lets not start pushing for unnessercy changes just to make a quick buck because you have a few gold pets stashed away...

1 < 3
    This didn't bridge the gap it destroyed it... seems like good idea at first but think it through a little.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

6 million price difference between the two, is pretty significant in this market, no?
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    This didn't bridge the gap it destroyed it... seems like good idea at first but think it through a little.
    So what exactly in your opinion should this gap look like? I have seen you expressing your discontent in numerous thread and in chatbox multiple times. I still don't get what you exactly wish for. Do you mind sharing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I dunno guys, seems like looting a Gold Toor is the reason to open crates since Gold is the new Arcane.

It's not gonna net you 15m+ like the old new Arcane pet used to but it's certainly the 'best' the game has to offer. I suppose we can chalk up the underwhelming price of Gold Toor as it being an decent vanity pet, nothing more, nothing less. I say wait for Ursoth and hope that new myth weaps are in those crates, that'll give you something to invest in.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It was said on Remiem's post recently that the stats are still being tested and are subject to change. It may change soon or not at all but still hopeful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    I agree buffing gold toor might seem like a good idea.. but if thought through will hopefully come to realize like myself an im sure a few others out there that there is no need to give anythong eztta to gold toors stats more then normal toor.

When the gold was announced it stated it was ment as a vanity pet.

Giving the user to either buy the cheaper green model or spend extra for the shiney variety.

Like spending 10m on a gold vanity that you cant sell or trade. Its there to give people the option of looking good.

Start buffing it an it will deflate prices of normal toor making it pointless to buy the green variant effect an be detrimental to our economy in game which after having on thread for a while is now slowly gettig back on ita feet.

I appreciate the logic begind wanting a buff but for the greater scheme of things I unfortunately cannot say I agree, it is by no means at all necessary.

1 < 3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Both toors need dmg added to the aa badly. Golden toor with a hint of crit would make it prime and not huge gap between the two.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Idk about buffs nerfs but pleaaaaaaaaaase... Make gold Toor solid gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    The thing with bashing the plat spenders is this. We keep the game in motion too. Sts has to appease both sides-

Do you think I'm happy about what they did with shards and fossils? Yeah no.

So golden toor is a way to bridge this to the people funding legends.

Boost the stats slightly, give golden some crit or little more dmg. Then we have more reasons to keep opening and trying to loot them.
    I'm a bit confused. A while ago, you were saying how certain items like the planar pendant should be directly purchasable with plat. Now, you basically have that, with better items like the arcane shard and fossil, and now you're unhappy?

You were frustrated when locks were such a gamble, and now, you're frustrated that they made them less so?

My understanding is that plat is supposed to speed up the process, not give you access to superior gear.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post

1 < 3
    Wait what? The way to get those tokens, which are called crate tokens, is by opening crates..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I'm a bit confused. A while ago, you were saying how certain items like the planar pendant should be directly purchasable with plat. Now, you basically have that, with better items like the arcane shard and fossil, and now you're unhappy?

You were frustrated when locks were such a gamble, and now, you're frustrated that they made them less so?

My understanding is that plat is supposed to speed up the process, not give you access to superior gear.
    Feel free to begin a new topic. The point of this is to see if golden toor should have a stat difference than toor. Personal attacks are not appreciated.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion! Gold pets, current and future, are (and will be) purely vanity, no stat difference. It's meant to be more of a collectors thing than a true game advantage thing. It's just for fun.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I personally like the way the game is going, and I feel that buying a bit of plat will now actually be useful.... I previously felt that it was either spend absurd amounts or don't bother.... So I stopped bothering.

I'd like to thank STS for the changes to the economy and have recently bought plat for the first time in a long time. If things stay as they are I will be doing so on a more regular basis and I imagine this applies to many other people interested in supporting the game by making reasonable sized transactions

Crate poppers aren't the only people spending money on anything in this game....

Furthermore....in pure rl monetary value, 10 people spending $100 is just as effective as a system where one person is spending $1000 while 9 others don't spend anything.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 07-16-2015 at 12:02 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

29.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Just to chime in on the Gold vs normal Toor debate here, there are currently no plans to add any additional stats to Gold Toor to make him superior to Toor. The reasoning behind this is that he is a vanity version of the same pet, as isintended.

If we were to give Gold Toor more stats, it would be like putting stats on one vanity armor set out of all the vanity sets in the game, thus there are no more vanity sets, there is just one vanity set because it provides a tangible benefit outside of its intended purpose. Imagine if the Medusa Vanity granted +5 Dex for each piece, all of the other vanities now became obsolete and pointless. The purpose of Gold Toor is to provide an option for players interested in collecting and merchandising a specialty variation of a pet readily available to the masses.

In the end, deciding to have a Gold Toor over a Toor is a personal player choice, and it's not fair to remove that as a choice by saying one is clearly superior to the other.

We appreciate the feedback!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

30. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post: