Page 96 of 204 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    By Vigor you mean the yellow bar right? Like our "mana"?

There's no way to increase it other than our skill "Strong Vigilance", which increases max vigor by 20.

You just really have to know your rotation of skills well and time everything
    .... $%^ really..... that sucks.....

Im going onto lvl 34 pure archer now... i farm and quest alone as I dont have a guild.... so taking me a bit of time to lvl up
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post

Im going onto lvl 34 pure archer now... i farm and quest alone as I dont have a guild.... so taking me a bit of time to lvl up
    It'll get better, my archer is at 54 now and I love levelling with him. I can usually go non-stop with proper combos, especially with your slow poison

Archers are the best solo-ers, IMO. Not as easy as warriors in terms of survivability, but once you got it, its quite easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post

Weren't you in our guild before the big Guild Wipe?

Btw, are any other crafters (leather, cloth) sorely disappointed in master crafting? All that time and effort put into getting there and the green recipes are junk, and any looted items around my level are already outgrown. The green recipes aren't even worth the gold ore needed to make them. I miss the low lvl crafting that actually gave us something useful to use for a few levels. Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Weren't you in our guild before the big Guild Wipe?

Btw, are any other crafters (leather, cloth) sorely disappointed in master crafting? All that time and effort put into getting there and the green recipes are junk, and any looted items around my level are already outgrown. The green recipes aren't even worth the gold ore needed to make them. I miss the low lvl crafting that actually gave us something useful to use for a few levels. Sigh.
    I actually have yet to check that out.

Some guy in the forum posted that 2 pieces of the master recipes for leather had something like,

Chest (Purple) : 28 agi, 50 ranged attack power, 25 crit, 15 hit
    Pants (Purple) : 23 agi, 20 stam, 30 ranged attack power, 26 crit

Those are AWESOME stats! I thought they were chest recipes at first, but I was told that they had "Stealth Hunter" prefixes on them, and all recipes the NPC sells are Stealth Hunter 0.0 so I have to check that out, and pray that they're good..

If not, meh @ master crafting for now. Bad recipes + general symbol needed, such a turn off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Inching -- I added you to my friend list, next time I see you on-line I will shoot you an invite to the guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've also heard that they changed chest respawn timers. It's no longer 10 minutes, it's at least a couple of hours already.

I'm posting a thread in their forum asking for more transparency on changes.
    Yes I think they did cause I camped one for 20 min and it didn't spawn.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed. I even agree and notice on how people say the admin replies are very template. Lol
    They can't do anything about game issues on the forum because those administrator are just responsible for the forum

but for PL forum, some developers are involved in administrator role so they are able to communicate with all users directly
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I now see what you guys were talking about... PvP areas in Whisp Isles are crazy. Literally had no option but to log out cause 3 "eclipse" members and some guy named "whisper" were sat outside my graveyard, 1shotting me when I respawned O.o
    Glad they made your gold safe from PvP deaths but man it's frustrating. Either Im on some lvl60 hit list, or maybe it's like that for everyone.

Ellys bro iTorreli (I think) helped me a bit, so thanks

By Vigor you mean the yellow bar right? Like our "mana"?

There's no way to increase it other than our skill "Strong Vigilance", which increases max vigor by 20.

You just really have to know your rotation of skills well and time everything
    I think high stamina helps reduce the vigor you lose when hit by mobs, so in a way it does improve vigor.
    Last edited by joeychandler; 05-18-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    I now see what you guys were talking about... PvP areas in Whisp Isles are crazy. Literally had no option but to log out cause 3 "eclipse" members and some guy named "whisper" were sat outside my graveyard, 1shotting me when I respawned O.o
    Glad they made your gold safe from PvP deaths but man it's frustrating. Either Im on some lvl60 hit list, or maybe it's like that for everyone.

I think high stamina helps reduce the vigor you lose when hit by mobs, so in a way it does improve vigor.

Yeah, everyonce in a while you end up with some jerks in the area that do that. It isn't as bad as the swamp area, but it does happen.

On a good note, I didn't get attacked once in the pvp area in the desert completing the 4 or 5 quests you have to enter the zone for. So at least the further you get, the less you have to deal with this for the most part.

Next time it is happening, give a shout over the guild channel. If i'm on I will port in to see if I can help. I'm only level 47, but I will do what I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The pvp area on the islands was the worst, IMO. Even with Royce's help, I kept getting killed. But I tried the next day in the morning with Elly and DT and we had no problems. Try to avoid pvp areas at night when kids get home from school. And try to go with a friend or two who needs to do the same quests.

I loved the desert bc there was only a small pvp area and it was usually empty. We got to do all our quests in there without a problem (I did accidentally hit another quester and apologized right away lol. Would hate to start a fight over that -- wish our attacks on mobs didn't hit people nearby).

Not looking forward to Rift, tho, bc I hear it's bad again with the pvp. Honestly, not really looking forward to much in Rift -- can someone give me a good reason to go there sooner than later?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Stamina only gives health. Vigor is always 100 only with a talent on the archer tree that gives you 20 more vigor. Regen is always the same too. As for losing vigor you get a talent for 3 points that reduce vigor you lose while taking hits less.

Rift is not as bad as whispering islands.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

im actually looking forward to rift. im so freaking sick of the dessert now and grinding -_- i wanna do questssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss instead of the repeats and dailies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to hear Joey, in a way I am trying to get lv60 too so I can respond to this kind of thing if I see it in guild chat. I never pvp in MMORPG (only did few with formora when in PL, that was fun) but I think for this game I will have to practice.

Not at all times guild can respond to this because we aren’t that high lv yet, or when we are grinding and it’s hard to see guild chat among many other msgs and mobs whacking you. So apology in advance if I missed out the message needing help.

http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.co...?topic=10946.0

I started to browse O&C forums for some game info and found this thread above, check it out. If you remember the names and what the pvper did, I am sure the Eclipse person in that thread will respond or take action. Maybe, maybe not. But I like to give people benefit of the doubt, can’t always judge a book by its cover. People play games for different reasons. But when it’s building ones’ happiness based on other’s people’s pain, then it’s a whole other story.

Back when I was near Vega Square or other pvp quest area, I tried to be smart about it. If I am questing, I try to find a more remote area that still have the mobs I need (daily was 10 wind 10 earth human etc) For other quest such as killing skeletons and wraith, I do the same too run/train to an area to setup my camp spot away from others. Do my thing and try to turn in asap. I didn’t learn about using teleport until later in game, cuz I am cheap on silver heh

Or, enter pvp, find a spot and wait for the 5 min timer to come off and try not to re-enter again.

I’ve only been pvped 5 times. Once in swamp Olandie quest, someone started attacking for no reason so I took him out then also took out his guild members who tried to gang up; 4 times by lv60 near Mega quest npc for no reason. Even came up all the way to the mountain ledge up top to kill (right side of npc you can climb up to afk / wait timer but be careful how far you go or you will get pvp tag again )

Ultimately, everybody will be lv60 and high lv. But simply say there’s nothing to do at lv60 so it’s fun to target lowbie, or trying to find a pvp game by provoking others, I guess I am just a noob that never got exposed to this side of MMORPG before.

Hope this helps a little
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yeah, I have started doing the Rift quests, and some are challenging as a 50 as some of the mobs are up to 52 and if they mob you can be trouble, and I have run into some 56 mobs that I could barely dent. But what seems odd is that as you head west out of that first town (yes! mailbox AND stash) on the road, that you can't avoid going through the PvP zone, which sucks. I haven't gotten PvPd yet IN the zone, everyone seems pretty cool and are just running along questing...one guy questing near the same place I was inadvertently nailed me with a bow shot instead of a mob and immediately apologized.

HOWEVER....the same little Nigerian clan dude, Mcelotto, that hassled me in the Swamps PvP area is now a 58 and is always around that first Rift town...hasn't messed with me yet, but I have seen him going after people in that town. I have had three people PvP me IN town, once when I was at the mailbox. Lame. One was a 55 who beat me once, then as soon as I came back to town from the cemetery (a ways off, too) he tried again and I smoked him with a 1700 Pounding Glow crit and then got lucky with a 1000 crit Sonic Slash right after.

Is there a way, other than running over the hills somehow straight south (which then takes you into that obnoxious lava pool/fire elemental/bulette area), to mostly avoid the Rift PvP area? I will just continue to suck it up, if not....but you can't seem to help but run through it, and when you are back in the first town, almost everyone has timers and some bad seeds seem to be hanging around there.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Moog you can avoid the pvp flagg by staying close to the right hill when you are going south; you will then find a small road on a hill keep going almost hugging the wall and you wont get the pvp flagg. Small trade secret ^^
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Moog you can avoid the pvp flagg by staying close to the right hill when you are going south; you will then find a small road on a hill keep going almost hugging the wall and you wont get the pvp flagg. Small trade secret ^^
    I'm not familiar enough with that area yet to know what you mean, but if I am on tonight, and I see ya, can you show me what you mean? Royce and I were in there last night, and both went 'uhoh' when we got the flag and saw ten people ahead in the zone...no one messed with us at that point, but yeah...some trick to mostly avoided would be cool!

And it is cool as **** to head into a town and see a bunch of BanHammers there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with that area yet to know what you mean, but if I am on tonight, and I see ya, can you show me what you mean? Royce and I were in there last night, and both went 'uhoh' when we got the flag and saw ten people ahead in the zone...no one messed with us at that point, but yeah...some trick to mostly avoided would be cool!

And it is cool as **** to head into a town and see a bunch of BanHammers there
    lol yeah now the BanHammers are getting 40+ and a few close or in the 50s.

What I mean is once you go out of town and head south don't take the middle of the road instead go close to the right wall. But I will show you tonight.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    lol yeah now the BanHammers are getting 40+ and a few close or in the 50s.

What I mean is once you go out of town and head south don't take the middle of the road instead go close to the right wall. But I will show you tonight.
    Oh, ok....I think I know what you mean. The road starts west then turns 90* south, so I assume you mean hug the right wall as you head south, because the timer/boundary is there. Gotcha. Some of the quests do take you into the zone, no matter what though. My prob was not in the zone, but having a timer when heading back to turn in. I could just go stand in a hidey spot for a few minutes, too...I just get impatient, lol.

Yeah, I am about 3000xp short of 51, I think Cyclone (Formora) is 51, Royce was almost 50, Mits is 50 or higher, and Bearded and Les are right behind...plus you at whatever higher lvl you have made it to Oh, and asimoonyx (cool guy!) is 55ish I think. We may not be a big clan (yet) but everyone is doing really well and sticking together a lot. I know hawkeyi and others are up there too and gaining fast.

One thing I will do once I eventually hit 60 is go back and help out the guys/gals encountering trouble with gankers. I have a list of targets.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-18-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Mits, actually one of the gankers was already on that list.

@Moogwerfooger maybe it's a good idea to have a guild list of gankers- I have a list of some who repeatedly came for me. I doubt anyone has got through swamps without a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    The pvp area on the islands was the worst, IMO. Even with Royce's help, I kept getting killed. But I tried the next day in the morning with Elly and DT and we had no problems. Try to avoid pvp areas at night when kids get home from school. And try to go with a friend or two who needs to do the same quests.

I loved the desert bc there was only a small pvp area and it was usually empty. We got to do all our quests in there without a problem (I did accidentally hit another quester and apologized right away lol. Would hate to start a fight over that -- wish our attacks on mobs didn't hit people nearby).

Not looking forward to Rift, tho, bc I hear it's bad again with the pvp. Honestly, not really looking forward to much in Rift -- can someone give me a good reason to go there sooner than later?
    Good to hear that about the desert I love the look of the 40+ gear too, especially that curved staff all 40-60 mages seem to have
    Last edited by joeychandler; 05-18-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hey Joey...yeah, the Desert PvP area is pretty low stress, as far as gankers. Just have to worry about the mobs (snake guys) mobbing you up, but if you go slow and pull them one or two at a time, is a pretty fun area. I never saw more than 2-4 other people in the area, and most were across the map and doing their own thing.

Same thing happened to me in Vega Square, I literally have to log out because a bunch of Eclipse were sitting there PKing people as the respawned. I couldn't tell who, because I was getting killed so fast I couldn't actually see the chatting, but I could see "lololol" and the clan name Eclipse repeatedly. I almost want to write on the post on the O&C forum to address Abby. She is pretty fair about it, but their PKing is more widepsread than she makes it out to be.

Who IS bad about is the NigerianS clan...lurkers who randomly jump people and then run to cemeteries and try to get you again.

I have run across several Eclipse people in the Rift PvP area, and none have ever done anything, and are just questing so maybe they are working on cleaning up their rep. Having Moar and Zipponator over there may be helping us out indirectly as well (yes, they are both in Eclipse apparently).

Anyway, maybe we can get Red to add this to the first post, but my known gankers are Mcelotto from NigerianS, a couple of other NigerianS who I forget their name, Soulcry (on the list on OC forum, spawnkilled me several times one day), and my personal favorite who i will spend hours tracking down, HxLegionxH. Foul-mouthed little loser who I will PK and make cry (assuming I can beat him) until his mommy comes to tuck him and his teddy in for the night. He is often on Global acting like an a$$hat.

p.s. Joey are you still looking for cloth for crafting?