Page 88 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I think the first recipes you get right after learning a profession is roughly Lv 13/14, if my memory serves me right.

Also, I don't even know which profession crafts weapons, I assume its blacksmithing? Can weapons even be crafted yet?
    Yeah, I can make weapons. Was sad to see that all the master level weapon recipes are blue, though meaning they need symbols. Are symbols more common in the desert?

Oh and I can now make master lvl boots, helm, shoulders and gloves. Legs and chest soon to come. If you want to contribute to the cause, please send gold ores to Xanatos I decided I'll buy the super scraps since they're cheap enough per piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Yeah, I can make weapons. Was sad to see that all the master level weapon recipes are blue, though meaning they need symbols. Are symbols more common in the desert?

Oh and I can now make master lvl boots, helm, shoulders and gloves. Legs and chest soon to come. If you want to contribute to the cause, please send gold ores to Xanatos I decided I'll buy the super scraps since they're cheap enough per piece.
    All kinds of weapons? So polearms, swords, bows, staves, etc? :O

I wouldn't really say common, but the Balrog Lord is a pretty frequent mob, basing from the others that apparently have a few hours respawn time. I've encountered the Balrog Lord a few times within a span of an hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I wouldn't really say common, but the Balrog Lord is a pretty frequent mob, basing from the others that apparently have a few hours respawn time. I've encountered the Balrog Lord a few times within a span of an hour.
    You talking about that 50 foot tall beast that spawns near the Minotaurs?
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You talking about that 50 foot tall beast that spawns near the Minotaurs?
    Yeah, I heard he's the one to go to for Colonel's Symbols, being the only somewhat roaming elite in the deserts.

He's like a really big version of a demon minotaur

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I thought I could make all sorts of weapons, but the names are deceiving. Turns out a Skeleton is a warrior weapon -- soooo curious as to what that looks like.
    There is a polearm I can make that I think was either advanced or professional smithing, but didn't buy the recipe. Also there are some daggers. Maybe other weapon recipes are available as drops? I find it odd we can't make bows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I thought I could make all sorts of weapons, but the names are deceiving. Turns out a Skeleton is a warrior weapon -- soooo curious as to what that looks like.
    There is a polearm I can make that I think was either advanced or professional smithing, but didn't buy the recipe. Also there are some daggers. Maybe other weapon recipes are available as drops? I find it odd we can't make bows.
    Ah, if you can make pretty much all the weapons, that would sort of explain why the materials for blacksmithing are so costly or hard to obtain.

I've heard of people having a Generals Symbol, but have never heard of where they actually drop. I heard its from an elite in the rift map, but I haven't come across any. I'm mostly inclined to believe that it was a drop from a random mob in the lower levels.

I've never gotten a recipe for a weapon too, that's the thing.. hmm weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just checked -- one of the recipes I can buy is a lvl 39 spear with 32.0 dps. Usable by monks and warriors. There are also some daggers and 1h weapons usable by other classes, but no bows that I have seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I just checked -- one of the recipes I can buy is a lvl 39 spear with 32.0 dps. Usable by monks and warriors. There are also some daggers and 1h weapons usable by other classes, but no bows that I have seen.
    There goes my hope of good bows actually coming from crafting them instead.

*crosses fingers for next update*

If you don't know what I mean, look at the most common high end bow, a blue Wind Cutter. Compare it to the most common polearm/2handed sword. MASSIVE difference, the polearm/2h swords are awesome!

Psh, warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol I dunno how you can play ranger after a warrior. I doubt my archer will ever get leveled up. But we shall see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Lol I dunno how you can play ranger after a warrior. I doubt my archer will ever get leveled up. But we shall see.
    Was definitely a bit tricky, coming from a tankier military monk to the squishiest archer (I believe that the archer/assassin class is the squishiest, next to the fire mage probably).

But it's also fun killing the mob before it even touches you, so give and take

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when is this out for android? It might be a good break for a day or two from grinding and Captive audience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azulflame View Post
    when is this out for android? It might be a good break for a day or two from grinding and Captive audience
    A day or two? Lol. You don't just play this game for a day or two. You offer your life to this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I am still giving a shot to the assassin spec, got a few skill books today and at level 50 I'm doing crits for 1700 with an outdated dagger a blue lvl38 dagger. I don't think there is a single dagger from lvl 38 to 56 with a speed of 2.0 or 2.2 or at least one that has higher base damage than mine. If anyone comes across of one please let me know and I'll buy it if the deal is good.

Guys, I just hit master smithing. So far, I can make this:

But I have no super scraps. If anyone knows where to find them can tell me or if anyone loots some, please send me I'll probably buy a stack or two so I can make these boots for all the warriors and then buy some ofthe other recipes -- there's a complete "Attack" set
    I'll send some your way. I use them but I have a few stacks already.
    Last edited by Echelong; 05-15-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    @Elly
    you re-rolled a ranger and now lv36? Dang~~

@Formora
    Elar bro you sob~ I caught up / past you and now I am major behind again heh

@BanHammer guild
    Anyone craft cloth around lv36-40s for divine monk?

I don’t craft at all, so since I started last week I send all fur’s to Ech, ores & armor scrap to DT/Les, cloth to DT as well.

If there are other crafters need materials, simply drop me a Mail in game, I will keep it in inbox to remind me who else to send when I get collected stacks etc.

I am a quester, I enjoy all of them even the pvp area. So I like to quest/finish all then move on to next area, or go back to the ones that couldn’t get cuz not enough lv. I’ve never grinded but looks like it’s the way to go. I guess I spent too much time running around and swimming. I started to use Break Away because I ended up lost everywhere I go heh.

Goal for me this weekend is at least lv45+, maybe weekdays I will just do daily and 1 quest, I wish there’s more time lol
    Ask Elly, but once I hit 60 I plan to max out Clothing on my mage.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

At 46, I seem to be out of quests in the Desert....I finally tracked down all (I think) the ones from Crimson Tower Antoria that never seemed to end. Did you guys head to Rift at that point, or grind on the minotaurs for a bit more first before heading even further south?
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    At 46, I seem to be out of quests in the Desert....I finally tracked down all (I think) the ones from Crimson Tower Antoria that never seemed to end. Did you guys head to Rift at that point, or grind on the minotaurs for a bit more first before heading even further south?
    lv46-48 is a hard time due to lack of quest in desert, all you can do is grinding or doing repeatable quests

mobs in the rift are above lv50, so it will be too hard for you to go there now
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'd go to rift at 48/49. 49 would allow you to start grinding in the merman area, especially since they are 52 (3 level diff). There are a few quests in the first town, just not sure what level quests start to appear.

I do suggest grinding quite a number of levels though, I remember going to rift and doing the quests at the appropriate level on my monk, but mobs were hitting me for 200-300 everytime. I grinded til about 54/55 and theyd do 50s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Elly, whats the lowest level that you can start grinding properly?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    Elly, whats the lowest level that you can start grinding properly?
    The first place I'd grind is the top most of the desert map, near "The End of Desert".

There are 39/40 elite mobs there, the first proper area where the mobs are actually mostly elite and not just a few random ones.

So I'd say 36 would be a good level to start, especially if you're going to do it in a group. 3 level difference should be enough to allow you to do decent damage, 4 just makes you rely on crits only to do good damage. This is all assuming physical damage though, magical damage doesn't seem to go through any level difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ok, awesome, also do you loose exp if someone much higher level than you helps you kill the mobs? Or does it make no difference?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja