Page 111 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Can anyone explain to me attack power vs damage. Looking at my character, with weapons it has:
    38.89 DPS
    main hand 42-55 / 1.8 sec
    off hand 20-23 / 1.8 sec
    Attack Power 172 (+12.3 DPS)

Now if I put down the weapons I get:
    Main Hand 24-24 / 2 sec
    Off Hand 0-0 /0 Sec
    Attack Power 165 (+11.8 DPS)

So what does any of that mean?
    Also, I have a talen which increases melee damage by 4%. Which number does it increase?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Question about stat points. Am I supposed to 'put points' into stats or do my stats increase with level?
    If you are talking about the points you put into talents, then you increase the level of the active talents you have unlocked by purchasing spell books from the appropriate Trainer. Trainers are located in Silence and Greenmont. I'm not sure of any at other locations. Each class has a separate trainer (warrior, mage, monk, archer). For instance, if you are a warrior the warrior trainer in Silence is over behind the archery area heading out of town.

Each spell book will usually increase the damage and effect of the skill associated with it. But often it will also then require more mana/morale/vigor. Higher level spell books get unlocked as you increase in level.

On your attack power vs. damage question -- Idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Question about stat points. Am I supposed to 'put points' into stats or do my stats increase with level?
    You mean like str/agi/wis? No, those increase automatically on their own. The only way you can change them is through your gear.

As for your other post, I honestly have not looked at all those stats in detail yet. I'm sure you'll figure it out before I do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone explain to me attack power vs damage. Looking at my character, with weapons it has:
    38.89 DPS
    main hand 42-55 / 1.8 sec
    off hand 20-23 / 1.8 sec
    Attack Power 172 (+12.3 DPS)

Now if I put down the weapons I get:
    Main Hand 24-24 / 2 sec
    Off Hand 0-0 /0 Sec
    Attack Power 165 (+11.8 DPS)

So what does any of that mean?
    Also, I have a talen which increases melee damage by 4%. Which number does it increase?

I guess the attack power is like bonus for your damage, similar spell power for extra spell damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    You mean like str/agi/wis? No, those increase automatically on their own. The only way you can change them is through your gear.

As for your other post, I honestly have not looked at all those stats in detail yet. I'm sure you'll figure it out before I do
    Had to challenge me
    Anyway, for Assassin (this might be the same or different for other classes):
    1 Agility = 1.25 Attack Power
    1 Strength = 1.25 AP
    7 AP = 1 Damage added to main hand.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Had to challenge me
    1 Strength = 1.25 AP
    So if there is 5.6 agility (LET'S JUST SAY), then 1 damage is added to main hand?

Isn't agility speed of which you run? O.o
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    So I sent some of you warriors the best cape a master tailor can make. I checked the AH a bit later and the cape I made looked pathetic compared to random 50 ish greens. You all know crafting is flawed but daymn... What were they thinking?

Also any mages/monks who need gear just send me a mail, cause I always forget your levels and igns.
    Thanks, I actually gave it to my archer in case it's of more use at lvl 47.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67 View Post
    So if there is 5.6 agility (LET'S JUST SAY), then 1 damage is added to main hand?

Isn't agility speed of which you run? O.o
    Running speed, AFIK, can only be changed through certain skills or items bought with runes. Agility affects dodge and I THINK attack speed. Didn't know it affects attack power too -- would think that would be limited to strength. Interesting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol I just tried to play the new forest haven. Kept trying to change my camera angle and got really sad when it just spun me around . Also, I've been spoiled by the blue arrow. Can't be bothered to do quests without an arrow now lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had to challenge me
    1 Strength = 1.25 AP
    For some reason I am pretty big into stats calculation in this game. Influenced by Phys, and because Phys and Elf are not playing O&C and doesn’t look like Royce is on PL forum at all ( at least I haven’t seen him post. Btw there’s an NPC in Arcadian Forest named Royce lol )

I been populating major equipments and stats into excel just so I can do easy comparasion. I focused on Archer Ranger a lot while back and trying to find AP(attack power) set, Crit set and balanced set, like Phys style comparsion.
    I am hoping to do 3000+ Snipe damage, but only 2860 at the moment.

I think:
    maximum crit damages = (highest weapon damage + Attack Power) x 2 or some kinda of multi-plier.
    But perhaps I should examine Snipe skill description more carefully, I remember it’s 200% of damage +250damage. On my archer, I been focusing on rasing my agility/attack and keep my crit above 25%.

Elly can probably chime in on crit chances and %, as he pvp a lot and can provide better AC vs AP/Dmg vs Crit etc.

Raising GW and PFM to 60 at the moment since archer and divine are done. So when I am done with PvE I will focus on stats build and share findings.

I am sure Fluff is right in terms of difference in classes. I remember different race will cause different class stats from the beginning, but people saying at 60 it’s negelectble. So I am not sure how race truly effects, and I don’t think skill tree matters, only class for now.

On my Elf Archer Ranger:
    1 Agility = 2 range attack power
    1 Agility = 1 melee attack power
    1 Agility = .028% crit (a crit + is a crit +, there’s no range crit or melee crit, it’s just crit, I like to look at % other than chances)
    1 Strength = 1 melee attack power
    1 Strength = some dodge

I will revisit my excel when free but this is what I recall from memories.

On my Orc Guardian War:
    1 Strength = 2 Melee Attack
    (will check what agi do)

Strength also effects dodge, while parry I need to pay some attention as I am not seeing it changes with str / agi equipment nor buff.

I think there’s general stats that will just apply the same for mage and monk and other 2 classes, such as
    1 Stamina = 10 HP
    1 Wisdom = some MP ( need to check )

Anyway, when war/mage 60, I will spend a lot of time to analyze my 4 toons and compare stats with other people.

Never liked math but I guess I need to crunch some numbers. Will test and record more.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i see people running really fast in the game using some sort of spells i would think... can someone tell me what spell that is? Im a ranger and so i dont have this spell right or is it some kind of scroll i dont know abt???

thx guys
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Inching

It's the assassin tree skill called Escape, early stage skill, need spend 5 points first in assassin tree to get it. Let you run fast for 10 secs with 50% movement speed increase.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    @Inching

It's the assassin tree skill called Escape, early stage skill, need spend 5 points first in assassin tree to get it. Let you run fast for 10 secs with 50% movement speed increase.
    ohhhh.... im seriously thinking of getting it just for the time saved traveling..... u think its worth it... im currently pure ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

It is only 10 seconds, but level 2 is up to 55% and i am loving auto run with. Realy excoted to get the last skill which reduces cooldown!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Inching
    pure archer ranger right? That's me too.

Since you should put 5 points into Discern Weakness for 5% crit when you can anyway, I think 1 point for Escape is worth it especially if you solo a lot and later on in pvp, you might want to unlock Rapid Steps so it's like shadowsteps/increase your dodge by 10/20/30.

But to be honest, I didnt get it until last night because I was fired up lol. It's a good skill to catch up people or run away from when in need.

While doing vega quests, my noobs were being targeted in vega pvp zone area repeatly by same 2 lv60 people, looking for fun and provoke to start pvp.

So when @ 5th/6th time i said screw it. I logged on to my archer, teleported to vega, looked for those 2 to hunt them down. and of course with no pvp experience I lost some and won some, moved on to fight near teleport area and got graveyard spawn killed some and had friend come help me for some 2vs3 (their healer stayed with no pvp tag and healed the war and archer while fighting my archer and monk friend)

It's part of the game i guess, people are bored enough alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Get Escape and max the upgrade, at level 3 the upgrade gives 50% more dodge when using escape. 50% more dodge for 10 seconds is awesome, fully buffed on my archer, when I dash I could get up to 75% dodge for those 10 seconds, works wonders.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 05-31-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Thanks, I actually gave it to my archer in case it's of more use at lvl 47.
    Np, I wish I could actually return the favour of people sending me mats. Think I'm gonna email Devs about crafting, they actually seem active- not STS active, but better than I expected.

The max level of stone armour gives +7000 armour I just found out, which is insane, I doubt even a fully geared guardian warrior could hit close to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    Np, I wish I could actually return the favour of people sending me mats. Think I'm gonna email Devs about crafting, they actually seem active- not STS active, but better than I expected.

The max level of stone armour gives +7000 armour I just found out, which is insane, I doubt even a fully geared guardian warrior could hit close to that.
    Wow. My lvl 60 battle warrior (no shield) has about 2600 armor.

You mages are making me want to try one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm only Lvl 48 bu if u need a PVP partner or help let me know. I'll teleport there, just pm me next time. I love a good fight and hate ppl picking on other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think everyone's playing PL. No one's in-game :/