Page 151 of 204 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    The screens were more there for the "don't spawn kill me I didn't do that to you". Pictures seem the best way to prove a story, and twist the truth a whole lot less than words do.

Anyway Red and Elly seem happy with this finished, cause like I said it's my word against yours. If you have any pics that show you in a better view, please post them ^^
    After talking to both parties, I have to say, it's really a big misunderstanding.

Can't say anything more than that, big misunderstanding. Whatever happens from now on is personal not guild-related.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Let's cool down so we don't get this thread REALLY locked.

As for this whole pvp issue, if anyone from my guild is ganking lowbies (for no good reason), please let me know. But don't just go by hearsay. Let's please let this go and not turn it into an all-out war?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Let's cool down so we don't get this thread REALLY locked.

As for this whole pvp issue, if anyone from my guild is ganking lowbies (for no good reason), please let me know. But don't just go by hearsay. Let's please let this go and not turn it into an all-out war?
    Fully agree!

I just spoke to everyone, and it's still standing that lowbie camping is out of the question unless with a reason.

Camping 60s is perfectly acceptable to me though, so if that's happening, I personally don't think anything is wrong with it, lowbies is a different story.

So yes, back to game only topics and off the guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No matter which guild we are in, some of us still talk and help each other out. Echelong was nice enough to let me tag along with Lord Barlock farming the other day on my level 49 monk. Elly and Mit with all their great info on the game are helpful. No problem with guild switching since we are just basically chatting and sometime helping each other out. There is no raid or anything that require a lot of people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hm ok guys, how did this end up here? Want to flame? Post it in the O&C forums. You guys crying about being camped think it happens only to you, grow up! I hope this thread gets closed so you can actually start posting on the right forum to flame the correlated game. I'm sick and tired of cry babies whining about how the game mechanics work. Why don't you make your own mmo and build a no camping zone or just stick to Pocket Legends? Get out of O&C kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideKings View Post
    Hm ok guys, how did this end up here? Want to flame? Post it in the O&C forums. You guys crying about being camped think it happens only to you, grow up! I hope this thread gets closed so you can actually start posting on the right forum to flame the correlated game. I'm sick and tired of cry babies whining about how the game mechanics work. Why don't you make your own mmo and build a no camping zone or just stick to Pocket Legends? Get out of O&C kids.
    Way to show your true colors. Especially after it's been dropped.
    And FYI, there are enough ppl unhappy withthe current situation for GL to commit to making graveyards safe zones.
    Please leave this thread if you don't like it instead of coming here to bash the rest of us and try to get the thread locked.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I noticed a lot of talk on AP to damage before the flaming, and just wanted to clarify how it works on melee (will check range).
    14 Attack Power = 1 damage / second add regardless of weapon speed.
    Now what that does is to calculate actual damage add, you multiply it by the weapon speed. So for different weapons:
    Speed = 2, 14 AP = 2 damage.
    Speed = 1.5, 14 AP = 1.5 damage.
    Speed = 2.2 (best dagger) 14 AP = 2.2 damage.
    This is why slower weapons are even more powerful then they look.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I noticed a lot of talk on AP to damage before the flaming, and just wanted to clarify how it works on melee (will check range).
    Now what that does is to calculate actual damage add, you multiply it by the weapon speed. So for different weapons:
    Interesting. So when you said you were looking for slower weapons, you really meant it -- I was wondering why you worded it that way instead of "higher damage." Will have to explore this more. Finally lvl 57 and can use my windcutter, soon will need to look for some other gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

By the AP x Speed here, do you mean the AP from the weapon? Or your total AP in the stats page?

@Les

The Windcutter is really the best weapon for rangers so far. Since the main damage for rangers comes from skills, Rapid, Snipe, ES, etc, it mainly bases off the main damage we get, and the Windcutter just adds so much more because of its speed and higher weapon damage.

The Flying Bow of Offense brought down my Snipe crit in PvE by about 200, and 300 in PvP
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 06-20-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also we spam a lot of our skill and the higher the damage the better. Its usually 50%, 100%, 150%, and 200% of main hand weapon damage. For assassin, I think it's usually slow high damage main hand and fast weapon on the off hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    By the AP x Speed here, do you mean the AP from the weapon? Or your total AP in the stats page?
    To give you an example from Dark Breaths (level 38 blue, best till Seal)
    Damage on Weapon = 68
    Attack Power = 402 (what is listed)
    DPS = 28.7 (Listed next to attack power)
    Speed = 2.2
    So Added damage = 63
    That makes damage = (68 + 63) * 1.1 for dagger master
    which Gives the 145 I see on the melee attack page.

Also checked on Range.
    listed damage = 78
    AP = 566 (40.4 DPS)
    Speed = 2.1
    Damage = 2.1 * 40.4 + 78 = 162 Ranged Damage
    Damage = 78

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Gotcha, thanks heaps for the numbers Fluff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benaorn View Post
    Also we spam a lot of our skill and the higher the damage the better. Its usually 50%, 100%, 150%, and 200% of main hand weapon damage. For assassin, I think it's usually slow high damage main hand and fast weapon on the off hand.
    Fast off hand is good early to apply more poison, but at level I would just go with added stats, like crit or agility.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hoooraaa, thanks Fluff! Will have to test when I have time.

This was my list of things to do in Cal201, I wanted to understand the reason behind slower/higher dmg.

Because all I lived by so far, is always go for the highest damange > dps

Meaning: (numbers made up below, not real)
    Item A: 90-120dmg, 3.0 speed, dps 80
    Item B: 98-110dmg, 2.5 speed, dps 90

I would always go for the Item A cuz it has 120dmg, meaning all my skills related to weapon will be much higher, because of that 10dmg effects/multiply my AP/DPS/skill damage/crit = my ultimate big yellow numbers

@Ben
    Ben is rightt
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I am raising 2 more alts:
    an Elf Battle Warrior (BW) to compliment my Orc Guardian Warrior (GW)
    an Elf Military Monk (MM) to compliment my Human Divine Monk (DM)

My lv60 GW and DM are fully built with the Guardian and Divine trees, with very minimal points into opposite tree, just like my Elf Archer and Undead PermaFrost Mage (PFM)

I don’t like to respec and fill up my storage with too much sets, so this way I can compare and enjoy the game again from beginning to realize the full potential of different tree, so I am not building a balanced/hybrid type, yet.
    (call me weird but I am PvE focused, not into PvP unless I am not busy, future arena or duel with friends to discuss strategy/fun)

So in addition reading the GL’s O&C forum, like to get some opinion from PL players.

Keep in mind my builds are extremely PvE focused / group oriented.

My future lv60 BW build (2points unallocated) :
    http://oacdb.com/tools/build#k=warri...00000000000000

I left 2 more points unfilled. Can’t decide if I would go Staunch for 10% AC increase, or Cleave so I can AoE 3 targets total, I wonder if I add Cleave, how is my morale going to affected since 100% increase; but I do have 5 Warpath points to help just in case. I thought about Rotor Storm as well, but given this is full attack focused build, so I eliminated passive/defensive skills. Perhaps I might need increase hit chance, but I guesstimted I would have 97-98.2%, which should be enough and can raise with monk buff / scroll.

For now I am sticking with 2hand, I might think about DW(dual wield), but I like seeing big yellow numbers. And I feel DW’s sole purpose is to raise morale fast.
    Focus on STR/AP gear.

Comments/suggestions on BW?

My future lv60 MM build
    http://oacdb.com/tools/build#k=monk....35010130503011

Purpose of this toon, is to enjoy full damage potential as a monk, with enough heal/buff power that can be self-efficient/backup emergency heal in group.
    I think I will focus on STR/WIS gear on this toon.

Welcome feedback if like to discuss/compare.

Btw, not sure if this has been mentioned before.
    str helps dodge, agi helps parry, block seems only effect by wielding shield or passive block+

I forgot the exact number but will note it down next time when I am crunching numbers.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can anyone tell me:

What kind of attributes you get for 1 STRENGTH POINT? 1 AGILITY POINT? 1 WISDOM POINT?
    How do warriors get gear that are resistant to magic? I have zero resistance on any element
    What does attack damage do? Increase your DPS?
    What does AC mean?

Thanks in advance
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mitsu - strength doesnt add too much damage compared to Agility for Crits.

I have hermitis set for rainbow, thunder, and the one for strength/wisdom.

Strength/wisdom adds main damage but it doesn't justify it compared to agility/wisdom.

Agi gives you better crit chance (I know it's a small percentage but you'll be surprise how often it crits) and slightly better dodge.

Just my 2 cent

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    So, I am raising 2 more alts:
    an Elf Battle Warrior (BW) to compliment my Orc Guardian Warrior (GW)
    an Elf Military Monk (MM) to compliment my Human Divine Monk (DM)

My lv60 GW and DM are fully built with the Guardian and Divine trees, with very minimal points into opposite tree, just like my Elf Archer and Undead PermaFrost Mage (PFM)

I don’t like to respec and fill up my storage with too much sets, so this way I can compare and enjoy the game again from beginning to realize the full potential of different tree, so I am not building a balanced/hybrid type, yet.
    (call me weird but I am PvE focused, not into PvP unless I am not busy, future arena or duel with friends to discuss strategy/fun)

So in addition reading the GL’s O&C forum, like to get some opinion from PL players.

Keep in mind my builds are extremely PvE focused / group oriented.

My future lv60 BW build (2points unallocated) :
    http://oacdb.com/tools/build#k=warri...00000000000000

I left 2 more points unfilled. Can’t decide if I would go Staunch for 10% AC increase, or Cleave so I can AoE 3 targets total, I wonder if I add Cleave, how is my morale going to affected since 100% increase; but I do have 5 Warpath points to help just in case. I thought about Rotor Storm as well, but given this is full attack focused build, so I eliminated passive/defensive skills. Perhaps I might need increase hit chance, but I guesstimted I would have 97-98.2%, which should be enough and can raise with monk buff / scroll.

For now I am sticking with 2hand, I might think about DW(dual wield), but I like seeing big yellow numbers. And I feel DW’s sole purpose is to raise morale fast.
    Focus on STR/AP gear.

Comments/suggestions on BW?

My future lv60 MM build
    http://oacdb.com/tools/build#k=monk....35010130503011

Purpose of this toon, is to enjoy full damage potential as a monk, with enough heal/buff power that can be self-efficient/backup emergency heal in group.
    I think I will focus on STR/WIS gear on this toon.

Welcome feedback if like to discuss/compare.

Btw, not sure if this has been mentioned before.
    str helps dodge, agi helps parry, block seems only effect by wielding shield or passive block+

I forgot the exact number but will note it down next time when I am crunching numbers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm gotcha. Thnx Kabog, I need to study more on monking on oc forum for sure grr

Looks like I need to verify couple more facts. Thnx again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, I officially need to stay away from O&C. >.< I am now getting addicted (in the bad way) :/
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has anybody tried Celtic heroes mmo rpg I downloaded it fri well any way you cAn play warrior, Druid, rogue ,ranger ,mage plus they have clans Aka guilds well any way I know y'all are playin O/C online,,, oH an PL ant trying to diss your game
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER