Page 127 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
    For the mages out there:

Here is the flame storm version of the permafrost-ice meteor aoe maneuver.

Has anyone gotten anything significant from this elite?
    That elite drops the colonel symbol just like the croc on the lake.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Omg why is Andromea lvl 46? I got the quest at lvl 42. I don't even remember getting this quest with my warrior, but I must have bc it's a dragon quest, no?
    Anyway, I almost killed him, but my health was lower than his and an imp started attacking to, so I had to run My snipe barely scratches him!

Nevermind. Got him on the second try. My snipe crit for 1200+. he never even touched me
    Last edited by Lesrider; 06-07-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I looted four pets. An ice tortoise, a boar and two sand demons. Yeah, looted another at umbra rift yesterday while questing.

I don't use exp pots, but heretics are way too crowded sometimes. That's my main problem. Sometimes I wish I started on a quieter server.

Edit : I remade Formora as a ranger. Pretty awesome class, I can kill nonstop while barely losing hp by alternating sneak stun and pin feet. I just got split shot, what a disappointment. It costs twice the vigor as rapid shot and does less damage. Going to respec immediately.
    Last edited by Formora; 06-08-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Respeced my Assassin because i wanted to complete the Surprise-Stab combo (Impale, Ruthless and Paralysis). Can spam dagger for 250, impale crit for 900 Oh, and I found gear is super important to me now, since +1 damage = +7 impale crit!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    I looted four pets. An ice tortoise, a boar and two sand demons. Yeah, looted another at umbra rift yesterday while questing.

I don't use exp pots, but heretics are way too crowded sometimes. That's my main problem. Sometimes I wish I started on a quieter server.

Edit : I remade Formora as a ranger. Pretty awesome class, I can kill nonstop while barely losing hp by alternating sneak stun and pin feet. I just got split shot, what a disappointment. It costs twice the vigor as rapid shot and does less damage. Going to respec immediately.
    We already had a Convo about split shot on here . Most of us got rid of it first chance we got. I'm even going without explosive now, bc snipe does most of the damage (when it crits). I'm lvl 42 taking down lvl 46-47 mobs. BUT gotta be sooo careful when getting TO the mob, bc if I stand too close to a second mob, I'm dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

What level? Did you give up on assassin?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    He never had an assassin. He had a lvl 26 monk he deleted and remade as an archer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bro you got PFM to 60 already? hehe I been slacking off and behind again then lol
    Need to finish mine toons so I can reroll BW / MM sometime in July and hopefully finish them before any updates.

I like to maximize a single tree of full of skills/ max spellbook rank, so I can understand the true power and effectiveness of a class, with 2 different sets of equipment focus when facing PvE or PvP.

So I can’t really comment on the hybrids or different types of built yet. 4 toons that I played so far are pure PvE builds with 1 tree focus, only dabbled 0-6 points into opposite tree at most, focus on single target, aoe skills and utilize passive ability and equipment attributes to enhance characters.

When I do PvP though, I hold my own. Collecting sets of equipment is as hassle as it is, so I don’t even wanna respec / try different builds. If I do, I will raise a new toon. I am a weird loner anyway

Regarding archer’s split shot and explosive shot, they are truly gear towards PvE for AoE exp / farming purposes. When use them right, they are very good in strategic PvP situation as well. No to mention when you couple with weighted arrows, knocking them down, interrupt them, protect yourself and teammates from mobs or players.

Since Whisper Island I practice archer aoe all the way into Rift, regardless I solo / group with others/myself etc. I would gather 4-8 mobs depends on situation just like any other class. Archer has good vigor and I build them up by meleeing and switch targets so they are hurt somewhat same amount, so when I do AoE, they all die same time.

At lv60 farming lv53-56 mobs, they can’t really touch/melee me at all. I only need 1-2 split/explosive and some fast melee to clear 1 set group of 6-8 due to my high attack/agi/crit. There are times I would need to use couple more, depends how fast I want to kill and move on to next area. Vigor cost is expensive, but raises fast.

Archer is awesome for DPS / single target, but we could be very effective in aoe with the split/explosive too =) So I have not wrote those 2 off yet on my build.

But I agree as a solo archer, aoe points can be spent somewhere else until you get to lv60 farming gold/items.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    We already had a Convo about split shot on here . Most of us got rid of it first chance we got. I'm even going without explosive now, bc snipe does most of the damage (when it crits). I'm lvl 42 taking down lvl 46-47 mobs. BUT gotta be sooo careful when getting TO the mob, bc if I stand too close to a second mob, I'm dead.
    Yeah there's nothing special about split shot but it adds extra damage since I have nothing else to use except rapid shot. I may respec after getting explosive/avulsion if I need the skill points.

No, I mean I remade my level 26 monk as a ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    bro you got PFM to 60 already? hehe I been slacking off and behind again then lol
    Need to finish mine toons so I can reroll BW / MM sometime in July and hopefully finish them before any updates.

My mage is only level 57, but since there are no more quests and grinding is so boring, I will level him up by doing dailies. Ranger will probably be my last character until the end of the year.

How do you aoe with an archer? I always thought it was a single-target class. I will probably keep split/explosive unless I really need another skill.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

AoE with an archer is pretty decent, but only with a tanker IMO.

Back with my pure AoE MM + my brother with a pure AoE ranger, we would gather 5-6 elite mobs and go :

Dragon Kick - Split Shot - Phoenix Storm - Explosive Shot - Dragon Kick - Mantis. By that time almost 90% of the time all mobs are dead

Solo AoE Archer is a bit harder, IMO. Especially since you'd have to be constantly kiting the mobs to get enough vigor for both ES and SS, yet both have cast times.

Should work well for Mits though, that handy double device pure divine monk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hehe yah, in a group/team scenario, archer aoe exp can work. but when solo exp, archer aoe is not efficient for obvious reasons.

Even when I dual device with Divine Monk and Archer Ranger, I would still only pull/kill single nonstop, I am lazy, it's less hassle and i feel faster, less mess.

I was refer using archer to farm gold etc, key things are level difference and AC/agi/atk/crit etc, to be effective on kill fast and not take damage.

My younger archer days I would actually stay maximum range, open with Explosive shot (knocks them down which gives me time to do more skills/damage) > avulsion shot(dot/poision/slow proc walk towards me) regular bow or shooter stance to buildup damage/vigor > rapid shot >pin feet if getting too close

The ideas is stay in same spot, able to shoot 360 degrees, all radius/direction for mobs, they die exactly right in front of me, so i dont even move an inch to loot.

lazy style
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess killing one by one is more efficient anyway. The one thing about aoe-ing that bugs me is spawn times. If someone comes in and kills a few mobs then the timers are all messed up. You have a couple of mobs spawning in the middle of your aoe combo.

Besides, killing one by one with an archer is super fast. At level 22 a mob within 2 levels of me is dead a little while after the sneak stun wears off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I tend to use pin feet more often than sneak/rapid shot to open if I know I can kill them without needing a second stun. Snipe/avulsion does most of the damage anyway. I just find sneak/RS takes too long sometimes when I'm farming/grinding, whereas pin feet casts immediately. Everything feels faster with it. I use sneak/RS mostly when I'm doing a quest to kill a boss and I need to be able to stun him as often as possible. Or if my pin feet is on CD when I take on the next mob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I tend to use pin feet more often than sneak/rapid shot to open if I know I can kill them without needing a second stun. Snipe/avulsion does most of the damage anyway. I just find sneak/RS takes too long sometimes when I'm farming/grinding, whereas pin feet casts immediately. Everything feels faster with it. I use sneak/RS mostly when I'm doing a quest to kill a boss and I need to be able to stun him as often as possible.
    Exactly the same

Sneak CD is actually really slow too if you RS right after you sneak. I like to use it against ranged/mage mobs too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usually alternate between the two, but sneak was faster before I got strong vigilance. If I used pin feet I wouldn't have enough vigor to use split shot. After getting it I have not run out of vigor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Question on skill/spell usage. Do you all prefer to go PL style and keep the sidebar open, or is it better to get used to scrolling.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Question on skill/spell usage. Do you all prefer to go PL style and keep the sidebar open, or is it better to get used to scrolling.
    Depends on character, IMO.

Monks, I would definitely use sidebar for either Divine/MM.

Archer/Ranger, wheel. On my archer its usually scroll up once or down for all my skills I immediately need, and I need the jump option too.

Mages, I would say sidebar due to all their skills.

Warriors, melee/damage skill on wheel and shouts on sidebar.

So I think generally, slow CD skill on sidebar and battle ones on wheel. Sucks you can't put food on the wheel option though, so if you fill your sidebar up with skills there's no hotkey for food

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

On mage, I have to use both the sidebar and the wheel. Too many skills to keep all in one place. For the rest, I prefer the PL style sidebar. I guess it is just what I am use to. Although I do feel like it limits the screen view. I tried the wheel, but once I get more than 4 or 5 active skills, I didn't like having to scroll during combat. So I would always go back to the sidebar style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used the sidebar. I can't stand the scrolling. I guess I am not good at scrolling the wheel. For my warrior I use both since there are so many skills + potions + food. Buffs on the wheel attacks on the sidebar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Funny, when I first started playing (with my archer), I didn't want to have to use the sidebar. So I was using talent points only on passive skills in order to be able to use the wheel. When I switched to warrior, I started doing the same thing. Then people pointed out I was missing out on great skills, so I tried the sidebar and got more skills. Never looked back. I really don't know why I was so afraid of using the sidebar -- it's slimmer than the PL one even. Anyway, I had my sidebar completely full on my warrior, so can't see using the wheel instead. I tried now going back to wheel with my archer, but in later levels I have too many skills (even without split shot and explosive shot), that I ended up going back to the sidebar. It's just faster for me. If I'm just running from point a to b, I'll often close it for better viewing and the jump ability. If I had only 3-4 skills I need in battle, I'd use the wheel. But I find it too hard to turn that wheel in the midst of battle.