Page 130 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMystic View Post
    I have to say I'm finding my frost mage a bit boring at the moment because now that I have permafrost and ice meteor I never kill solo and always kill in as large groups as possible as this conserves mana. Yes it's great when you can kill about 8 in one go, but I now find it quite difficult doing solo fights. From a distance, my frost bolt and fireball doesn't deliver a lot of damage and rock piercing doesn't seem to have as much power as it used to. So very often the enemy will reach me before it's killed and then I have to use frost blast/shock wave. I also find that a lot of mana is used just to kill one enemy, and its impossible to keep going without having to eat/rest frequently. I guess I will soon have to spend some points in the fire tree to get cyclone and fire barrage. But over all, I don't think pure frost is the way to go as it isn't very potent, but I guess I can't have everything!

What is annoying is that when I've grouped mobs and they are caught up in permafrost and can't move, and all I have to do is to wait for them to die, other players seem to see this as an opportunity to quickly come in and kill the mob when they are almost dead and steal the experience. Really not on.
    I agree with everything.

But then again, the trick is do at least 3/5 of damage or say 60-70%. For people that likes to come in and aoe finish mobs for me, that's a plus heh.

To see a disappointment of them finish my group of 6-8 mobs and I get all the yellow exp msgs and loot while they cant, brings smiles on my face and teaches those people a lesson of do not mess with Mits heh.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow you're right about the mana regen. I put on one pair of gloves with 7 mana per 8 sec and it makes a HUGE difference. Wouldn't want to swap too much gear out bc then I'd lose armor/attack/crit. But one or two pieces works nicely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sorry to the Outlaws that got mixed up in Vega earlier, wasn't intended at all.

Just goes to show how unorganized guild PvP is, maximum of 4 in a group yet hostile to even your own guildmates.

Hopefully it was better later on?
    No problem, actually it was only me swapping between alts. Was questing on archer but got on mage/warrior to kill some jerks.

One question though, why have it in vega? You could have done it in rift where everyone is 50+.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I got one from a Bulette. I was shocked, since i'd killed so many and never got anything of value from them before.
    Yep happens to me all the time, you loot stuff when you don't expect it. It's a pleasant surprise lol.

I have to say I'm finding my frost mage a bit boring at the moment because now that I have permafrost and ice meteor I never kill solo and always kill in as large groups as possible as this conserves mana. Yes it's great when you can kill about 8 in one go, but I now find it quite difficult doing solo fights. From a distance, my frost bolt and fireball doesn't deliver a lot of damage and rock piercing doesn't seem to have as much power as it used to. So very often the enemy will reach me before it's killed and then I have to use frost blast/shock wave. I also find that a lot of mana is used just to kill one enemy, and its impossible to keep going without having to eat/rest frequently. I guess I will soon have to spend some points in the fire tree to get cyclone and fire barrage. But over all, I don't think pure frost is the way to go as it isn't very potent, but I guess I can't have everything!

Definitely, frost mages are geared towards aoe. I had to single target a lot in rift, because the elites were heavily farmed. Had to eat every 3-4 mobs. Btw I got fire barrage and thr damag isn't great. Ok if it's for aoe but not single targets. Cyclone though is beast. Crits for 1.2k if your target is on fire, instant cast too.

As for the leechers, if I see them coming I usually just spam shockwave. It's funny when I still receive all the exp and loot.

All I can say is leveling sucks after you run out of quests at 57. That's why I only get on to do dailies.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Vega has that really close PvP zone I think making it easier and faster to fight in.

Not a big fan though. It's too crowded and tight. Not to mention the ability for healers to stay untagged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Vega has that really close PvP zone I think making it easier and faster to fight in.

Not a big fan though. It's too crowded and tight. Not to mention the ability for healers to stay untagged.
    Actually I think that the ability of a healer to be untagged is why so many do group pvp in vega. Takes away the danger of a mage nuking the team healer. Plus the graveyard is so close to the square a death never takes a team member out of action. I actually prefer it in the other zones where there is a little more skill involved. Although fights seem to slowly work there way toward the graveyard regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    when im 60 i'll try out the crafting for real... just 2 lvl left to go but thinking its gonna be painful....

on a side note, whats with this game favoring warriors ??!!! i mean its retarded.... even dedicated quests which ONLY has warrior gear?? also, have u noticed that warror gear drops like every time when u farm?? I have only received ONE Xbow drop in all my 58 lvls of leveling up and about a million pieces of warrior gear... i mean wtf right??
    Would you like some Kleenex with or without soothing aloe? The constant complaining on this thread about various topics has turned me off to this thread and the forums in general. Monks are just as whupass as warriors in skilled hands, and I am sure mages and archers are too. Half of the quest rewards and most of my decent drops are just as equally useless to monks. Liquidate or sell in AH and move on.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 06-11-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Formora - Yes I agree, it becomes really apparent that a frost mage is meant for aoe by the time you get ice meteor. I'm thinking of a respec at 50 as I put some skill points in some frost skills that I shouldn't have and can start putting points in the fire tree.

Mooger - I'm sorry you feel that these topics are so loathsome for you and I didn't realize that they were causing you to avoid the forums. Perhaps we should make sure from now on that whatever we say is appealing for you.

In regards to the desert - the daily quests; I believe that the forth daily becomes available at L 47, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is?
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Formora - Yes I agree, it becomes really apparent that a frost mage is meant for aoe by the time you get ice meteor. I'm thinking of a respec at 50 as I put some skill points in some frost skills that I shouldn't have and can start putting points in the fire tree.

Mooger - I'm sorry you feel that these topics are so loathsome for you and I didn't realize that they were causing you to avoid the forums. Perhaps we should make sure from now on that whatever we say is appealing for you.

In regards to the desert - the daily quests; I believe that the forth daily becomes available at L 47, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is?
    I don't think Moog's opinion was at you directly

After all, discussion isn't that good if we don't see the good/bad sides of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last daily is in a small camp, north west of Crimson Tower: Sacrathar. You receive two quests, and after finishing one (forgot which) the daily is unlocked. This daily is really annoying though, took me ages to loot the item from the priests.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    The last daily is in a small camp, north west of Crimson Tower: Sacrathar. You receive two quests, and after finishing one (forgot which) the daily is unlocked. This daily is really annoying though, took me ages to loot the item from the priests.
    Ohhhh I remember that! Tools so long to loot it, we were wondering if we had the right spot :/

It's unlocked at 48, though, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ohhhh I remember that! Tools so long to loot it, we were wondering if we had the right spot :/

It's unlocked at 48, though, right?
    Nope, 99% sure it's unlocked at 47. Yeah, only priests dropped them and there were only like 5 in the whole area. The mages attacking you are annoying.

Btw, almost 59 on mage. Should cap by Tuesday Then I can concentrate on ranger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Nope, 99% sure it's unlocked at 47. Yeah, only priests dropped them and there were only like 5 in the whole area. The mages attacking you are annoying.

Btw, almost 59 on mage. Should cap by Tuesday Then I can concentrate on ranger.
    Oh snap then I better go find that quest so I can move on to Rift.

You should have waited on your ranger for the rest of our third chars to join you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh snap then I better go find that quest so I can move on to Rift.

You should have waited on your ranger for the rest of our third chars to join you
    Lol, that would have taken too long :/

Edit: Good news, I finished all the island quests and di the wolf one in desert. I need another 45k exp until 38.
    Last edited by Formora; 06-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just hit 40 on my ranger, and one hitting every monster when I crit with snipe
    CryoBlade - Level 56 DEX Bear
    Slicez - Level 55 STR/INT Mage
    CryoBow - Level 55 Pure DEX Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CryoBlade View Post
    Just hit 40 on my ranger, and one hitting every monster when I crit with snipe
    Isn't it fun?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good ones for archer, IMO, would be :

Chest : Guardian Leather Coat (Advanced- Best) or a Sniper Leather Coat (Professional).
    Pants : Hunter Leather Trousers (Professional).
    Boots : Riders Caligae (Professional).

The extreme best would be :

Chest : Stealth Hunter Coat (Master - 2 Gen Symbols).
    Pants : Stealth Hunter Trousers (Master - 1 Gen Symbol). Luckily I got that one piece and made this one.

Professional pieces are pretty cheap because of that insanely fast Balrock Lord respawn, 3 minutes on the dot is crazy. The Guardian Leather Coat is pretty good, it seemed the recipe became rarer though. Captain Symbol is also a small pain.
    Elly, how long did it take you to be able to craft the trousers? I mean, to learn all the way up to this point? Its a bit insane how long it takes... im just starting out and the amount of poor fur i need just to craft and get enough currency is crazy...

Also, I cant find the Berlock spawn point u were talking abt in your other post like 2 pages back ..... any chance u can put a screen print of a map possibly? thanks so much.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    Elly, how long did it take you to be able to craft the trousers? I mean, to learn all the way up to this point? Its a bit insane how long it takes... im just starting out and the amount of poor fur i need just to craft and get enough currency is crazy...

Also, I cant find the Berlock spawn point u were talking abt in your other post like 2 pages back ..... any chance u can put a screen print of a map possibly? thanks so much.
    Which trousers? If your 60, it'll take maybe a couple of hours to get crafting from 0 to Master if mats are in AH. It cost me like 70g for my entire Master Cloth on my monk, that was a month ago? Prices have sky rocketed now, so expect to spend way more

I'll do that in a bit, only on for a bit for some PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I finally hit master leather and now need about another 25k currency to actually be able to buy a recipe so I can use hard fur. Already used up every scrap of sophisticated and heavy fur that I had. Ugh.

And btw... Gear in general is soooooo unbalanced in this game. Warriors get their good gear from drops -- archers have lvl 58 crafted gear that's actually decent. Warriors don't have recipes that high lvl, as far as I know.
    I may have to eventually join the madness and farm for general symbols for my archer :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Which trousers? If your 60, it'll take maybe a couple of hours to get crafting from 0 to Master if mats are in AH. It cost me like 70g for my entire Master Cloth on my monk, that was a month ago? Prices have sky rocketed now, so expect to spend way more

I'll do that in a bit, only on for a bit for some PvP

yes i am 60 now and i just starting out on crafting.... what u mean by taking only a couple of hours to get crafting from 0 to Master??? Dont u have to keep crafting to get the business currencies and find the materials to keep crafting ?? Even if the materials are in the AH, it will still take a long time i gather...

If you know of a faster way do pls PM or post to me.

thx bro
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

1. I wasn't directing that at you, but thanks for the smartalecky comment. I will file it in the garbage can with other useless things.
    2. Elly/others....it is one thing to point out things that could be improved, just like in PL...but is another thing to have post after post of "ZOMG this is stoopid"
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage