Page 181 of 204 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Might be good. I never played the warrior during the glitch so the loss of it does not bother me. What level are you currently? If you are gonna go assassin, unless you want a really tough leveling, I would wait till level 36 (You can buy the first good assassin dagger and you will have the surprise->stab series complete). If you go assassin now, the only archer skill you want is the first poison. The rest is assassin tree.
    Thanks for the advice, hombre. My ranger is only lvl 11 so I have a ways to go. I'll grind with him and do the assassin switch-a-roo when I'm a higher level.

I wonder if they will still keep your data if you don't re-subscribe. Les, why don't you be the guinea pig?
    Last edited by BeardedBear; 07-21-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Thanks for the advice, hombre. My ranger is only lvl 11 so I have a ways to go. I'll grind with him and do the assassin switch-a-roo when I'm a higher level.

I wonder if they will still keep your data if you don't re-subscribe. Les, why don'y you be the guinea pig?
    Better be careful. Over a month and they still can't restore two accounts with problem yet.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think I'll need to hang my hat up on OC for now.

1. No 3G support. They have NO reason to not support 3G. Come on, Gameloft.
    2. Android and iOS servers are not linked together. I enjoy playing on my Droid because the screen is much, much larger and my Droid has super-AMOLED screen technology that self-adjusts in various light intensities. Having two separate servers for two different device companies is just inane.
    3. Gameloft forums are incredibly slow, full of spam and advertisements, and developers simply forward your threads to the Help subforum, where nothing is answered and everything is just pushed off in a mass of more spam.

I didn't even touch upon issues in in-game content because of all these basic problems that this game has. Until they address issues #1 and #2 I think I'd rather just stick to WoW on the computer. It's pretty sad I have to complain here because nothing will be seen on the Gameloft forums.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I was just semi-afk lazily farming this boss that also happens to be a quest. So when a quester (levels 53-55) actually shows up, I of course let them kill it. This one guys comes up and tries to team me. I refuse then back away so he can complete his quest. He sits there hacking at the mob and finally kills it, then messages me:
    Shoulda teamed sucka!

I almost fell over laughing.
    Love noobs.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah not having 3G stinks, but the graphics blow away any other mobile 3G game, and it's open world, with who knows how many people running around. Yeah PL is very, very cool on the 3G thing, but only having 25 people in a small town is why they can do a global mmo over edge networks. I don't know much about 3G transfer speeds, but I'm assuming it wouldn't be a "smooth" experience playing O&C even if they did enable it. Just a lot of data to keep up with.

Hopefully they will combine iOS and Droid servers. Phy,we were talking the other night, you know, when you didn't believe who you were talking to and fell for that joe momma joke? Anyway, so do you have an iOS device too, or can we still chat even though you are on another OS?

Haha, Fluff, you sucka!
    Last edited by Justg; 07-21-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: fixed that for ya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Beard, you were talking to him BECAUSE he was on an iOS device (and our server). Droid peeps and iOS peeps don't exist to each other, just like people on different servers.

And Phys, give it another chance! Get your iPod checked our first, bc I really don't think it should be heating up like you said. IMO, the good outweighs the bad. It's just a gorgeous game -- don't let those silly things get in the way of your enjoyment :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok, makes sense. I remember him talking about his device over heating.

Saw this game today, I think I'm going to check it out. http://www.thegametrail.com/games/deadlock%253A_online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Yeah not having 3G stinks, but the graphics blow away any other mobile 3G game, and it's open world, with who knows how many people running around. Yeah PL is very, very cool on the 3G thing, but only having 25 people in a small town is why they can do a global mmo over edge networks. I don't know much about 3G transfer speeds, but I'm assuming it wouldn't be a "smooth" experience playing O&C even if they did enable it. Just a lot of data to keep up with.

Hopefully they will combine iOS and Droid servers. Phy,we were talking the other night, you know, when you didn't believe who you were talking to and fell for that joe momma joke? Anyway, so do you have an iOS device too, or can we still chat even though you are on another OS?

Haha, Fluff, you sucka!
    Smooth as butta over Jailbroken iPhone 4
    Though it prob would suck arse over edge on an earlier generation iPhone. And add to that the influx of players on shetty connections and I can't argue too much that they have it wifi only ... actually I can't argue at all

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Any word on if repeatables will be worth exp when the cap raises? I have 5 stacks, and I could turn em in now and get 90 gold or wait and get 90 gold + 500,000 exp. Not a huge issue yet, but soon I might have to upgrade stash just to store em

Also, has anyone bought the 100 and 250 inventory upgrades?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It's 100 and then 180 then 300. I bought the 100 and 180 on my monk bc I was keeping several diff sets of gear so I never had any room.

And no word on the repeatables, as far as I know. I have sone but not that much. Might just trade them in so when the new content comes out I'll actually enjoy it properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    It's 100 and then 180 then 300. I bought the 100 and 180 on my monk bc I was keeping several diff sets of gear so I never had any room.

And no word on the repeatables, as far as I know. I have sone but not that much. Might just trade them in so when the new content comes out I'll actually enjoy it properly.
    280 for 12 bag spots is not bad. Might have to do that.
    The repeatables are weird feature in this game. Technically, you could get to 60 without ever leaving the swamps (would take for ever, but would not be too bad staying in the dessert).

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Beard, you were talking to him BECAUSE he was on an iOS device (and our server). Droid peeps and iOS peeps don't exist to each other, just like people on different servers.

And Phys, give it another chance! Get your iPod checked our first, bc I really don't think it should be heating up like you said. IMO, the good outweighs the bad. It's just a gorgeous game -- don't let those silly things get in the way of your enjoyment :P
    The biggest issue is the steps I took to actually PLAY the game.

1. To play with friends on the same server I had to buy a $180 iPod Touch.
    2. I have to tether my phone for a WiFi signal, rendering it useless for the time being, to connect to the internet on the iPod.
    3. I quit using my phone as a WiFi device and had to purchase a $60 wireless router.
    4. WiFi instability, lag, and disconnects prohibits my playing.

Put yourself in my shoes and you'd be furious too. And the whole idea of Gameloft having a subscription fee AND having the option to buy godly items in-game, paid for by runes/cash? Bad business.

In <7 days of playing OC I spent a total of $240 plus the subscription fee to play under tremendous WiFi lag (my service speed is anywhere from 14-21 Mbps and I have a brand new router).

In the 8 months of playing PL/SL I spent a total of $19.98.

F Gameloft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Yeah O&C is pretty boring now that SL came out sorry you had to spend all that phys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wow, Phys. Didn't realize you bought it just for O&C. That sucks . Hopefully they'll improve on it and/or offer cross-compatibility so you can enjoy it one day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

It was mainly for OC and to have a device that I can play on if I need to use my phone for text/calls. Not a total loss, but still an expense. Money is of no concern for me but just because everyone else I know here is practically an iOS user put me at a pretty bad disadvantage (and since I don't have multiple laptops in my apartment, I never needed a wireless router until now for WiFi).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    It was mainly for OC and to have a device that I can play on if I need to use my phone for text/calls. Not a total loss, but still an expense. Money is of no concern for me but just because everyone else I know here is practically an iOS user put me at a pretty bad disadvantage (and since I don't have multiple laptops in my apartment, I never needed a wireless router until now for WiFi).
    why is your wifi so slow o.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Put yourself in my shoes and you'd be furious too. And the whole idea of Gameloft having a subscription fee AND having the option to buy godly items in-game, paid for by runes/cash? Bad business.
    The way the rep made it sound would be like if PL sold the best Frozen Expidition equip for cash when swamps came out. The problem is they released the rift gear before the next expansion. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Guys order and chaos is now available on Facebook. And you guessed it, on completely separate servers. Still quite a feat. I here it's pretty laggy too, but I'm sure it's Internet connection based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Did I read that right? Having a hard time picturing o&c being played through Facebook. Really hard time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Did I read that right? Having a hard time picturing o&c being played through Facebook. Really hard time.
    Be great if it was php based like mafia wars. Scripting that was the best part of the game

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm