Page 81 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well, a couple of high lvl players just killed me back to back.
    I think I'm done playing for a while. These pvp zones really ruin the game for me. The only ones who enjoy it are the high lvl players picking of those 10 lvls below them. If anyone feels like joining me there, let me know. Otherwise, I'm out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I'd offer to help, but I am not gonna be of any more assistance and would get smoked myself. When I am on tonight and if no big dogs are about, how about we tele to Vega Sq and work/farm our eventual way towards that new farm spot I was telling you about? Will take a while, you'll get to see the Graveyards (my fave area so far), and we will pick up mad exp on the way to where I am now.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I'd offer to help, but I am not gonna be of any more assistance and would get smoked myself. When I am on tonight and if no big dogs are about, how about we tele to Vega Sq and work/farm our eventual way towards that new farm spot I was telling you about? Will take a while, you'll get to see the Graveyards (my fave area so far), and we will pick up mad exp on the way to where I am now.
    Ech's friend helped me get to Vega square, but that's where I was picked off. I'm just so sick of it. I love every bit of the game until I get to those parts. GL needs to set some boundaries, bc players aren't doing it themselves. People have no shame.

Can we get to where you want to take me without going back and forth through be pvp zones? And are these quests doable without going through them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My biggest gripe with the pvp zones is that there's not warning that you're entering it. Andthen by the time you enter it, you have to wait 5 min before you are free and clear ifyou decide not to stay. I vaguely recall other games with pvp zones giving a pop-up message before you entered those zones to make sure you want to go. GL really screwed this part of the game up. I really just don't know what to do right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

All of the Vega Sq and most of the Waker Camp quests require constant being-in-PvP mode. So either skip them, or log for a while if someone is hassling you (I had to a couple of times because of Eclipse), or tough it out and take the occasional few deaths.

If you tele into Vega, Ech said you don't get a PvP timer, and you can head immediately south to Waker Camp...which is a small camp and I never got messed with there even with a timer, except once. The Graveyards south of that are not a PvP zone and have some killer quest rewards but you will need help as a 32/33, I was 35 and occasionally almost ate it. Then all the way down south is PvP free and is pretty fun, and southwest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    My biggest gripe with the pvp zones is that there's not warning that you're entering it. Andthen by the time you enter it, you have to wait 5 min before you are free and clear ifyou decide not to stay. I vaguely recall other games with pvp zones giving a pop-up message before you entered those zones to make sure you want to go. GL really screwed this part of the game up. I really just don't know what to do right now.
    Uh, they do warn you. in red letters under the name of the area as you enter. And if you see anyone at all with red names, you know you are near or in it anyway.

Read my other post. I know I flamed on it the other day, but I just learned to deal with it and tough it out. Bringing it up here won't fix it with GL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Les, you must be unlucky. I only got killed twice in Vega Square. One by Archie and the other by Famtom or something like that. Archie killed me once when I was there on the first day. I saw him a few minutes later and I just stood there doing nothing and he was decent enough to say he won't kill me again saying just tell him to stop. Just play don't let the jerks ruin your exp (write down their name).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

And if you see HxLegionxH, just run. Most godawful a**hat. And is constantly running his mouth in Global.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dunno, I'm dreading logging in. I had a timer on me when I logged off, and it continues whe you log back in. Do the pvp zones get bigger and worse with each map? Bc maybe I should just consider taking a break till they maybe do something about it. If this is the stuff I have to look forward to, it seems like a waste of time and effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

It is a relatively small percentage of the game...the areas south are pretty damn fun. Agreed, it is badly flawed, PvP areas should be separate like in PL...but I just took is as a personal challenge that if Red and other 40s and Royce could make it through, so could I whether I needed help or not. I got lucky to run around after my Eclipse run-in with no one hassling me...lots of red names, but everyone just questing. Few times, got hassled, but not like that one night with HxLegionxH and Eclipse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I suppose this is the worst time to do it, right? Maybe try again tomorrow morning or something?
    The enemies also seem to have jumped from lvl 32-3 to 35-6. Just seemed like a big jump compared to previous parts of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yeah, everyone home from skool and having their Spaghettios that Mommy made them for dinner before logging in to be twerps in game.

Yeah, some of the enemies there are pretty nasty if they mob you. I just ran through like my pants were on fire sometimes from pt A to B. I skipped the Soul Tower quest, couldn't solo.

graveyard mobs are 35-39....but oddly when I get down where I am now, lots of 31-38, is just kind of random. However, there is another tower quest where you have to fight your way in that I have just gotten mauled trying to complete...tried to rush, tried to pick them off one by one...all no dice. Lost 4g in 20 mins last night and gave up trying to solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

See, my style of playing, for the most part, has been slow and steady. If I can only handle one mob at a time, I stand back and aggro him with my bow so be comes to me. And so on and so forth. I don't like running into a big pit of monsters. I like to take my time and play it fairly safe. So when I'm forced to hunt down mobs WHILE being attacked by other players, it makes me want to throw my phone down and not pick it back up.
    Till I start missing the game, then try again, then get frustrated again, etc etc.
    My favorite areas are the ones with decent farming not too far from a mailbox/stash where I can just take my time and do what I need to do. I'm not enjoying the frantic rush between high lvl players and mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

yea as you move on past the swamps, each area has a pvp zone and they do get larger. you should be fine though, all the real a*holes go to the swamp pvp to pick off noobs. the other areas they have more consideration and tend to leave you alone. there only one instance where toughie and another 60 had to come help me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

But I just got killed twice within my first 2 min in the area, before I logged out -_-'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the people doing this grind my gears -________- im level 55 so dont go through this anymore but i guess i got attacked sometimes try go with 2 people in a party if theres a level 60 killing u tell guild thats the point of having leet members ;D
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Guys, I seem to be getting some quick responses to my emails. I asked them about the email bug and pvp, and this was the response I got:

"Hello

These issue will probably go away once the server issue is fixed.

As for the PVP area problem, many people have reported this and we have informed our developers of the issue, however since they are focused on fixing the server issue we do not know yet what their plans on the PVP area will be."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, I can now make gloves and two diff kinds of boots (one defensive, one offensive). But once again I ran out of mats. So keep em coming and I'll send em to all the warriors.
    Hi Les! Anything you have for a level 20 Guardian warrior?

My warrior is almost turning to 20 mostly just afk-ing in spot lol (I usually do this when I go to bed and then when I wake up and prep for work).
    It seems you only get back into the login screen if you have stayed dead for a long time.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, I seem to be getting some quick responses to my emails. I asked them about the email bug and pvp, and this was the response I got:

"Hello

These issue will probably go away once the server issue is fixed.

As for the PVP area problem, many people have reported this and we have informed our developers of the issue, however since they are focused on fixing the server issue we do not know yet what their plans on the PVP area will be."

Open pvp area is really small in O&C. In WoW, it covers entire map and you will kill or get killed anywhere on the pvp realms

Only issue I see is the pvp buff, it should be removed as soon as you leave the pvp area

I know it sucks that you get attacked while doing quests, I have that experiences too, but you need to get used to it as that's the game style

what I do if I get attacked is I log out to character list immediately then play another character for a while (you have to fast enough to do this), unless I'm really confident that I can beat him

nothing you can do tbh because there are always some players behave badly in game

don't quit because of this, you are doing well now every time I see your warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and btw, it seems I solved the issue of the long login time by Sync-ing my app into my PC's iTunes then uninstall the app on my iTouch and reinstall.
    I've been a happy gamer ever since.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer