Page 12 of 204 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    On side note anyone know anything about any dungeons yet?
    It might be at the 40-ish stage. That's when I experienced my first dungeons when I was in WoW.

On a different note, I tried the Monk, I wasn't that impressed. It builds exactly like a paladin in WoW, but from what I understood, in WoW paladins could wear plate type armours hence be a semi-tank with heal and buffs, as well as spells to do decent or good damage depending on how you spec it. A monk can only wear cloth, as soft as a mage, and it has a tree to focus on the battle aspect (Physical), which I don't understand. How can you expect a Monk to be physical and upfront when it's only as soft as a mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    It might be at the 40-ish stage. That's when I experienced my first dungeons when I was in WoW.

On a different note, I tried the Monk, I wasn't that impressed. It builds exactly like a paladin in WoW, but from what I understood, in WoW paladins could wear plate type armours hence be a semi-tank with heal and buffs, as well as spells to do decent or good damage depending on how you spec it. A monk can only wear cloth, as soft as a mage, and it has a tree to focus on the battle aspect (Physical), which I don't understand. How can you expect a Monk to be physical and upfront when it's only as soft as a mage?
    Esh, thanks for the info, I'll just go a warrior route than with my elf. I'm not interested in playing a mage and already have an undead ranger. I've seen a couple giant orc mages, which look pretty funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Esh, thanks for the info, I'll just go a warrior route than with my elf. I'm not interested in playing a mage and already have an undead ranger. I've seen a couple giant orc mages, which look pretty funny.
    That was my initial impression though, just as a level 1 monk. Not sure if there's some sort of skill you learn later on that allows you to wear plate armours (couldn't see that just off talents), maybe there is!

I made an Undead Monk too, ironic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I made an undead monk also lol. Not sure yet if i'll keep him.

So far, enjoying my ranger the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm going to get my warrior elf going for a backup. Look out for IndigoSativa!

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

add me to the list on the first page im in first server acadian.. names Wbto!
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi RedRyder - I'm on your friends list, though we haven't played much in the same team before. Please could you add my undead mage ColdShiver to the list please. Cheers.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

I'm starting to second think my character choice atm too, i love my mage, but i have a feeling its going to be wayyy overplayed, and tanks or rangers might be short end game ><

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    That was my initial impression though, just as a level 1 monk. Not sure if there's some sort of skill you learn later on that allows you to wear plate armours (couldn't see that just off talents), maybe there is!

I made an Undead Monk too, ironic?
    Maybe thru talents you can wear plate armor, I'm not sure. All I remember was that paladins where very hard to kill by any class maybe except rogues and that was only if they could keep them stunned and they didn't had that divine shield ready or whatever it was called.

I am still inclined to making a rogue, that was the class I missed the most from WoW and a healer because that was my primary role on raids. I think tanks do get some type of taunt spell on talents and on WoW tanks maintained aggro thru sunder armor mostly.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

On a completely random note, I was way off in some random out of the way town in the northwest area of Arcadian Forest, and out of the colossally coincidental blue, Royce walked up to me and said hi. He is alive and well and says hi to everyone.

Undead Rangers FTW. As soon as you can get the Pin Feet shot, do it. Lifesaver in combat.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Maybe thru talents you can wear plate armor, I'm not sure. All I remember was that paladins where very hard to kill by any class maybe except rogues and that was only if they could keep them stunned and they didn't had that divine shield ready or whatever it was called.

I am still inclined to making a rogue, that was the class I missed the most from WoW and a healer because that was my primary role on raids. I think tanks do get some type of taunt spell on talents and on WoW tanks maintained aggro thru sunder armor mostly.
    Hi Echelong I'm sure I saw you and Doubletime yesterday - I sent you a message but don't know whether you got it. I made an undead mage, but am thinking of making a monk. Never played wow or any online game (except PL), so it's pretty new to me.
    IGNs: BlazeMystic (Mage) / FeatherLite (Bird) / BearlyMystic (Int Bear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post

I think so too. I'm not sure if I remember it right, but Paladins could only wear plate armour at level 40? Not sure. But based on the talent skills I read, I didn't see anything regarding allowing of using plate armours, maybe a spell you have to buy from the trainer? Not sure either.

I haven't noticed any Taunt type skills in warrior's talent tree either, and I think I might know how aggro works in the game already. It's either you deal damage or you don't, then the mob attacks whoever is closest to it. I'm not sure if this is the case in the higher levels, but in the lower levels it seems so.

I tested with my bro earlier, Mage, he used a spell to a mob, it aggro'd to him, but I attack it with my fists, it moves to me. I then tried attacking with a low level bow, it aggro'd to me, but my brother went up with a dagger and attacked it, and it aggro'd to him.

Seemed like mobs decide aggro on two things,

Taking damage from this person? Yes, will target you. No, will not target you. Then it decides to attack whoever is the nearest damage dealer. So technically warriors don't need taunt but just attack as close to the target. All speculation though, hopefully it sort of works, but that'd just make the mage/archer so easy if there's a warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I thought Royce might show up in there. Did he have a guild yet? If not, invite him to ours!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMystic View Post
    Hi Echelong I'm sure I saw you and Doubletime yesterday - I sent you a message but don't know whether you got it. I made an undead mage, but am thinking of making a monk. Never played wow or any online game (except PL), so it's pretty new to me.
    Yeah yesterday was the first official day I played the game with a purpose but I had no clue how to turn off global chat and I missed a lot of chat due to it and most of the people there where just harassing others. If I get a chance today I will add you there or add me the name of the one I am leveling is EchelongX

Yeah Elly I remember that at 40 paladins wear plate and I checked the talent tree and there is no talent to let you wear plate but there is one talent on the military tree that gives you 1 armor for each point of str or agility. There is also the last talent on that tree that is a divine shield on steroids. It gives 50% more holy damage and you can't die while its active lasts for 15 secs; what where they thinking?

Yes aggro seems kind of weird one hit turns aggro to another player no matter how many you have hit them, its funny that two payers can bounce back and forth mobs and they won't hit either one lol... I just got to level 9 and I haven't really played it much seems kinda fun but their way to implement the chat is awful.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Yes yes bring all PL players into our guild!!! Alterra'sFinest ftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah, I really want to make a monk for that skill tree, the military one. How cool would that be! A military monk! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I thought Royce might show up in there. Did he have a guild yet? If not, invite him to ours!
    Yeah he was already in a guild, TouchArcade...which is where I heard he had been hanging out on the forums there. I told him there was a new lower-lvl expansion coming to PL, he said cool and that he may be back to check it out
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Complete side note, I had the game off for about an hour, opened it back up and it sync'd to exactly where I was without me logging in, pretty sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Yeah he was already in a guild, TouchArcade...which is where I heard he had been hanging out on the forums there. I told him there was a new lower-lvl expansion coming to PL, he said cool and that he may be back to check it out
    Yeah, I bumped into him there. He gave me helpful advice on other games, as usual!
    TouchArcade is huge -- I would think they'd have too many people in a guild to keep track of. I rather be in a small guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Complete side note, I had the game off for about an hour, opened it back up and it sync'd to exactly where I was without me logging in, pretty sweet.
    Same! Was really surprised on that bit too.

Does anyone know a quick way to check if your going through a lag spike?