Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Now is Toor isnt very strong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Now is Toor isnt very strong?

My x2 warrior friend 15lvl twink with great items para gem arcane pet etc and other side my toor owner friend.
    He used aa of toor and warriors lost %60-70of their healt in 3 second it isnt very strong now?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Sounds op lolo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Tell them to get a nekro then. Toor is the newest arcane pet so it deserves to be the best at the moment

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Sure as hell, stg will give up and give insane buff to toor.
    I hope oneday we can learn playing the game without trying to buff n nerf things to our benefit.
    Yo my rocket bird isn't very strong ima email angry bird HQ to buff it cuz it is yellow and it deserves to be best.
    Last edited by Dex Scene; 07-16-2015 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Typo on the word 'benefit'

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Lol dex I personally Love Toor now with this buff as kumsaat was referring to me and another friend. Toor is very useful now in PvP killing mages takes etc in only 2 AA and is very very useful against 4tanks in clashes ROFL! Only problem is it does not give kill only death...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post
    Lol dex I personally Love Toor now with this buff as kumsaat was referring to me and another friend. Toor is very useful now in PvP killing mages takes etc in only 2 AA and is very very useful against 4tanks in clashes ROFL! Only problem is it does not give kill only death...

I really hope toor gets buffed too much...
    When I said too much I mean too too too much.
    It will be a matter of time to see threads like "Nerf toor please i no can kill noone. Went to pvp and got banished!! Omg Nerf toor please please".

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    It will be a matter of time to see threads like "Nerf toor please i no can kill noone. Went to pvp and got banished!! Omg Nerf toor please please".
    ROFL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Like shiny said, not even close to the truth. It takes less than a second to get out of the fissure since it has 1/3rd of the width of SnS' damage pool. Plus since it auto targets you can simply keep moving forward and you'll only receive the initial damage.

I dislike the lack of something to keep the targets in place. A short-length root or a panic chance would be excellent. Still, this pet isn't nowhere near Nekro, in any aspect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If there's some pet coming to compete nekro, it will have to be farmable (as stg is trying to lessen the gap). If toor gets buffs because some forumers wants buff on it for different reasons, the price will jump sky high. Merchers have already stashed tons of toor eggs hoping they will be buffed for sure just because it is a new arcane pet.

Let's not talk about chest tokens.
    We don't even know how will they be farmable in elites. Gold orc chests are joke.
    We need like 1k chest tokens to get those farmable arcane eggs.
    Even if every gold orc chest drops one chest token, we will need 1000 gold orc chests. Which is 25k orc tokens.
    We get 14 orc tokens each day so it gonna take 25k/14 = 1786 days.
    Almost 5 years.
    Nice nice.
    If a 2m worth pet gets buffed and becomes a game changer, stg give us some farmable ways to get it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Yestrday Night when we try it we saw its hitting %60-70 at warrior tank with farminer it isnt problem if 5players will have it can kill enemies in 2sec and toor isnt hard to find because of token buyable etc i thought it buffed a lot and people going to kill ppl with only toor.I didnt play today but seems secret nerf? because people telling not even close the truth etc but you can ask to farminer it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kumsaati View Post
    Yestrday Night when we try it we saw its hitting %60-70 at warrior tank with farminer it isnt problem if 5players will have it can kill enemies in 2sec and toor isnt hard to find because of token buyable etc i thought it buffed a lot and people going to kill ppl with only toor.I didnt play today but seems secret nerf? because people telling not even close the truth etc but you can ask to farminer it.
    60-70% if you stand on the pool doing nothing; if you think like that, Time Shift should be nerfed too. That's not a part of any PvP scenario unless you kill AFK players. A simple Nekro AA or a HoR and all five escape unharmed while the Toor users in the opposition have to wait 30s for another weak hit. In CTF corridors, Toor can only hit two-three players out of his five total fissures too.

Also, this arcane rain the past week and a half was most likely unintended like it's happened with almost every new item release for the first few days (vials, mythic pendant recipe, fossils in 2x arena event, reinforced gems). So it shouldn't affect the quality of the pet which deserves to be at the top of the food chain as the latest arcane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Imo it's much better atm.
    That dmg is almost same dmg as one sns pool.

Of course you can walk away from it, bu it lands exactly where enemies are with debuff. Sns pools spread randomly and pool dmg is slightly weaker than before without any debuff.
    I think this difference is intended design.

In end game, this is not going to help much since all class can use stun immune skills, but twinks are different. That's why breeze are still Op in twinks.

If toor fissures have dot dmg after leaving fissures, it will be more Op.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Excuses View Post

If toor fissures have dot dmg after leaving fissures, it will be more Op.
    I'd like to call this balance. Only this statement for this quote.

Let me continue by PvE, as per how i used this pet...

@ Endgame PvE, mobs usually scatter, they never stand in one place for long (i mean some would). The only advantage AA of this pet, would be a stun lock. 2x Kelvins stuns on a Boss with the toor aa should pretty much balance the damage, for the AA to work fully, why not make the fissures lock the TGT (target) in place considering they are ~Fissures~?..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I don't know the exact mechanics of this pet, but would it hurt to have the fissures follow enemies? I mean, fissures don't have to stay in place, right? They can continue to spread as players move and even sprout new fissures over time?
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    60-70% if you stand on the pool doing nothing; if you think like that, Time Shift should be nerfed too. That's not a part of any PvP scenario unless you kill AFK players. A simple Nekro AA or a HoR and all five escape unharmed while the Toor users in the opposition have to wait 30s for another weak hit. In CTF corridors, Toor can only hit two-three players out of his five total fissures too.

Also, this arcane rain the past week and a half was most likely unintended like it's happened with almost every new item release for the first few days (vials, mythic pendant recipe, fossils in 2x arena event, reinforced gems). So it shouldn't affect the quality of the pet which deserves to be at the top of the food chain as the latest arcane.
    Alright through my experiences with Toor he works best in clashes where 5 people are running around (most likely running on the 5 yes 5 fissures it spawns) taking damage. Now with 5 fissures on the ground in a clash how is it possible to avoid them? It's not the pet is for Guild wars specifically. Me and a guildie 2v4 all tank and won in 20 secs because of perfectly timed 2Toor AA.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Farminer's For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I don't know the exact mechanics of this pet, but would it hurt to have the fissures follow enemies? I mean, fissures don't have to stay in place, right? They can continue to spread as players move and even sprout new fissures over time?
    This is not a bad idea. It would make sense if the fissures were expanding like the "Darkness" AA from Gloom (purple Grimm). Another good idea would be to set a minimum amount of fissures that will open regardless of how many targets are present - atm, against a boss only one fissure opens and the damage done is negligible even if you manage to keep the boss on that small tile through extreme damage tanking or sorcery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I really like this idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

All these buffs and nerfs must stop. For the good of the game. It's high time.

Good or bad, this is what Toor is. And this is how he should be from now on.

Don't make this another Nekro and pour stuns, banishes, shields and what have you into this pet.

If you like the pet, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Do you own this pet? I highly doubt it because if you did, you wouldn't be saying this.

Copy/paste responses are not helpful. Instead, go test this pet and provide feedback.
    So we can buff everything which don't meet our expectations?
    Was it announced that toor is going to be the best pet?? every new stuffs are not the best.
    There might be other better pets coming.
    I don't support buff-nerfs. We suffered enough with this buffed-nerfed trends in the past. It also changes the market price and benefits those richest people who can afford to buy and stash lots of them.
    Unless something is not hampering the gameplay it is better kept that way.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

28.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

At this point in Arcane Legends maturity there are quite a number of Arcane pets. Each pet has its pros, its cons, and inherent value on the market as a result of how individual players perceive those abilities and stats. Our philosophy in relation to this is that we are providing players with interesting and varying choices. More so now than ever! As a result not every new Arcane Pet needs or can be the new top of the stack, as that is a typically a subjective point of view based on an individual's current stable collection as well as preference of play style/class.

Clearly, not every Arcane Pet is made equal, though we do strive to make them in the same realm of equality with different abilities as much as possible. Like many pets in Arcane Legends they all serve different purposes, have different aesthetics, and appeal to a varied audience. Toor had his Activated Ability adjusted because he was not accomplishing what we intended for him to be doing as part of his Activated Ability design. We want to avoid the back and forth buffing and nerfing of pets as much as possible, and for the time being we are happy with where Toor sits in relation to all of the other Arcane Legends pet options.

Thank you guys for all the feedback, we certainly listen. We may not make an immediate change based on the feedback, but it becomes relevant in future discussions and in this case future pets.

-Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post: