Thread: Recommend game features:FOR DEVS

In a delusional bliss of useful servitude.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Recommend game features:FOR DEVS

I couldn't find a thread that was just for this. So maybe some good ideas will come up here and make it into the game.
    But here goes...just some ideas that will enhance but not change game play. I think the DEVS have done a fine job on giving us a great game. This thread is for basic ideas not to criticize the DEVS or remake the game.
    I know many of us would like to see this or that little addition to PL to enhance our time we spend here...who knows,that idea may even impress the DEVS.
    • I would like to see some uber green, white, and purple items. Just one for each item category(e.g.,helm/wpn/armor/shield). Why you ask...so we have to be more attentive to what we find and trash. An example would be; the drop is green Khafra cloth of presence...the uber item would be green Khafra Cloth of presents with an added attribute that would be sought after or jaw dropping. You know the kind of attribute that would make you cry if you accidently deleted it and realized you can't retrieve it. Same green color but if not closely inspecting you sell it and lose. Maybe uber items cannot be retrieved after sale. *shrug* but hidden ubers would be cool. Oh, and this addition would not be announced by DEVS, but maybe hinted around. DEVS know how to 'leak' info.

• How about some traps and pitfalls? Bring down the hack and slash feeling...make us pay better attention to where we are walking. Step in the wrong place and be transported into a group of monsters. If you are of proper level you should have a chance...Maybe this be another 'secret' addition. You get the boards here blowing up with people flippin out. Muahahaha

But those kinds of changes would(IMHO) make the game a little more 'interesting'.
    What other idea do you all have and maybe we can take a poll on best ideas.
    Game on!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Traps and pitfalls? Have you played the sewers yet?? Lol
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Welcome to forums, Rev. If you post your suggestions in the suggestions forum, they are more likely to be seen. Personally, I hate fire traps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Welcome to forums, Rev. If you post your suggestions in the suggestions forum, they are more likely to be seen. Personally, I hate fire traps.
    also, there is no point in writing FOR DEVS since a)they read pretty much everything and b)we answer pretty much everything for them

anyways, i dont really think there is a point for uber whites or stuff like that since the whole point of the rarity system is so that we can instantly tell how good an item is. if we just gave a random color to a really good item, we would spend more time sorting thru our trash than playing the game.

also, are you new here? are you on forum much? have you seen the facebook page? we dont want more people flipping out... sure traps and stuff are cool, but elements made specifically to frustrate players is kind of the wrong thing to do to keep a playerbase.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    also, there is no point in writing FOR DEVS since a)they read pretty much everything and b)we answer pretty much everything for them

anyways, i dont really think there is a point for uber whites or stuff like that since the whole point of the rarity system is so that we can instantly tell how good an item is. if we just gave a random color to a really good item, we would spend more time sorting thru our trash than playing the game.

also, are you new here? are you on forum much? have you seen the facebook page? we dont want more people flipping out... sure traps and stuff are cool, but elements made specifically to frustrate players is kind of the wrong thing to do to keep a playerbase.
    Can a mod please move this to suggestion area from general? please and thanks.
    The traps in the sewers are not traps per say. they are clearly visable. I was thinking something more interesting...say, random glittering floor tile or the like. And everyone always gets "excited" when something changes. I cant imagine what the boards looked like from that big last update. My point of new and hidden trap was not to "specifically to frustrate" it was to specifically slow the pace. Make us pay attention...you know play the game. I do forget that some people are huge on hack and slash.
    Uber items in the mix:
    Inserting an uber item within the white, green, purple would insist we look more carefully at all the items. You say "sorting through our trash"...right now I bet you do as the rest of us...unless it is pink it is trash. It would be fun to be looking for something other than "pinks". Honestly, I think the system now is boring...don't even look at the items unless it is pink is the system in place. The DEVS work at making a balanced system of items and we don't even look through them. I know it would make for a more interesting game if I could get interested in every drop and not just pink ones. Sure 9.99 of 10 drops will still be unusable but it is the anticipation of that *wow* moment of I found the uber green. Or...I can't believe I deleted the uber white today! If only i would pay better attention to playing...instead of hackin and slashin my way to level 56.
    I know some are hacks and slashers... dont want to have to read or get involved. To them I say ... haha you just deleted an Uber Green. Know what i mean. But to the ones who take in the game and play in depth...they will deservingly have the ubers first. Because they are reading, playing with zeal and taking notice.
    Now, the way it is, unless it is pink, no one cares what drops...and even that is getting intensly familiar with looking for the certain pinks.
    I know that sooner or later we who play regularly will know what stats are by reading the name of the item...but that one item that is white/green/purple to us who play all the time...we will notice it is not a usual, average, same as always drop. It will be the awesome..."I found one!" moment. Just like those few pink items are now...but these will be even rarer because many will gloss right by them.
    I think it'd be a good idea anyway.
    Great example!...wel if you are familiar with DII or Diablo II. the Runes were white...like the crap items. But if you ever found a Jah rune...I bet you still remember the day. heh ok, at least the moment of excitement.
    Last edited by Rev; 04-28-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: for example

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

well from lv1-50 yes anything not pink is trash. thankfully, the devs have made pinks rare enough so that we have actually started using orange green and purple gear.
    since i already own enough pink gear to just be collecting, i dont NEED the lv55 orange and green and purple items. since i no longer need them, NOW i call them trash.

i spend enough time clearing the inventory, especially when i have to get to a remake before it fills up, or when i lag and clear one item per 2 seconds. i would prefer a auto-clear per rarity option over a need for more detailed search, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey ...by the way. I was curious about what suggestions other people have. My two suggestions aren't couldnt possibly the only out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Hey ...by the way. I was curious about what suggestions other people have. My two suggestions aren't couldnt possibly the only out there.
    *whisper*
    suggestions area dude
    go find it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would love to see a scroll bar put between the arrows in the friend list. There are to many times that my friend list will jump when other players are logging in and I'm looking to join a friend and wind up joining the wrong person instead. Or in my case my friend list is so long that I'm forever hitting the down arrow to get to their name. Scroll bar would give more control and speed on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    *whisper*
    suggestions area dude
    go find it
    has anyone seen my heaing aid?

I did ask Mods to move this though.