Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dilemma

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

"Knowing that every movement is a human gesture, there is human thought behind everything I see, all the way around the globe, in the palm of my hand. Being able to hack-and-slash my way through brackenridge with someone in indonesia was the coolest thing ever." Im from indonesia

I like your thought zylx, everyone has their opinion and their interest in something, or maybe they are lack of social in real world, so they like to play this game just because they got a loot of friendly people, or maybe not friendly at all. As you grow old you will vacuum or retired from this game, thats a must, because you wont play this game till you 50 years old or maybe till you have grandson, or maybe there is grandpa playing this game, but im not so sure. Im stating that you must not stick to video game forever, you must get to real life soon YOLO
    ARCTIC MONKEYS
    "WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN"
    Warrior: Rasyidrahman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

AL is a heavy grind, long way from a real mobile game.

I have grinded three Toons to lvl41, I am pretty sure that I wont level all of them to 46.

But it has been great two years. And continuing, maybe just not that intense as before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I disagree with the OP's opinion that elites are too hard. Challenges are the only things that keep us going. It just feels like they think being stunned for 4 seconds so you can't escape a one-hit redzone is difficult. That's not difficult, because there is nothing you can do with any amount of skill to avoid the death.
    Let me clarify what I mean by the elites being a bit too difficult.

As a mid-geared rogue, I've noticed that if you don't have ample supplies of ankhs, you can bet you aren't going to get far in elite runs. For ankhs, you need gold/plat. When elites are made to challenge those at the top, those who aren't very rich nor very well geared will burn through ankhs like crazy. You lose gold faster than you gain it. The skill of the game appears to rely heavily on spamming potions to keep yourself from being 2-hitted. But is that really a skill? All the strategy of the game relies on pulling/parking. But how would you do that if mobs are one-two-hitting? I have absolutely no control over what attacks hit or miss. Sure, elites are possible, but they take a substantial amount of time to complete. I have wasted millions of gold on ankhs with absolutely nothing to show for it. How is that encouraging me to continue playing?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Like i said in another topic before. There's really no skills involved in this game anymore when you can revived and use ankhs everytime you die. That's why i suggested the idea of limit the amount of Ankh being use in Elite maps, then you will see how skillful people really are.

And for the one who commented or will commented on this is mostly only care about how fast you can run elite. That part i already know, it's easy to run ANY ELITE FAST if you have Ankhs / Revived. It means there's no Skill involved at all....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Let me clarify what I mean by the elites being a bit too difficult.

As a mid-geared rogue, I've noticed that if you don't have ample supplies of ankhs, you can bet you aren't going to get far in elite runs. For ankhs, you need gold/plat. When elites are made to challenge those at the top, those who aren't very rich nor very well geared will burn through ankhs like crazy. You lose gold faster than you gain it. The skill of the game appears to rely heavily on spamming potions to keep yourself from being 2-hitted. But is that really a skill? All the strategy of the game relies on pulling/parking. But how would you do that if mobs are one-two-hitting? I have absolutely no control over what attacks hit or miss. Sure, elites are possible, but they take a substantial amount of time to complete. I have wasted millions of gold on ankhs with absolutely nothing to show for it. How is that encouraging me to continue playing?
    When I started running planar tombs, the best thing I had was a blood ruby ring with grand gems - the rest of my gear was legendary. Breeze was selling for 700k, and planar chests were selling for 250k. I had no friends who ran tombs and was not in a guild. The most difficult part of the runs was not the runs themselves, but getting parties with my terrible gear and lack of name recognition. Yet, I loved it. I made lots of friends who were in the same boat, and we eventually mastered the levels and geared up. It wasn't easy (the Jarl ankh event helped), but I doubt I'll have that much fun in this game again.

The reason I share my story is just to offer a different perspective, not to pat myself on the back or tell you that you should have done something differently. There are many players who relish the challenge. That's the only reason we play. I highly recommend that you give the tombs a shot, now that they aren't as difficult. I love those maps, can't say enough about them.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 07-21-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

*ehm*ehm*
    Doesn't anyone care about the story?
    *nobody answers*
    I won't blame you.Well especially you but...
    The story of the game is made to be ignored.
    How many of you do know:
    -about the Cryostar and why it's very important?
    -why did Rutger betray you?
    -what is Bael's role?
    -what is the "Dark Secret"?
    -why did Karin "fall in love with you"?

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I started this game as a very new player to the play style to pass time in school you know? So I started getting immediately addicted to PvP. I saw all these twinks and people looking super cool with cool KDR so I chose to become one of these twinks I did. I started off with a tank in level 18 with Abaddon (when it was 4m and Sam was well above 20). I then ended up making a new tank for better KDR etc and its the PvP aspect of AL that got me into this game nothing else.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    I keep asking my self Why I stay. The amount of time and effort put into this game is too much to throw away. I'm going to play AL untill the time comes to call it quits. And then I shall quit hardcore gaming forever

~ Life goals ~
    Yo man, one day you just gotta close your eyes, feel it, and start gifting away. And when you have nothing but your naked toon to give away, you're good to go.

100% guarantee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Allow me to share with you what I have learned about this game. In order to be successful in this game, you need to have several different toons available to play with. This game always has very limited windows of opportunity to earn a lot of gold and you need to be ready for it. First thing I want to say, however, is people need to stop trying to enter Elite maps and then complain it is too difficult in one sentence, and then in another sentence they say that they're not very geared. It's called "Elite" for a reason.

Back to what I was saying. These past several weeks have been excellent opportunities to earn a lot of gold. You can earn 100k per day, per toon, in 15 minutes by doing the Garreta daily quest. So, 300k if you do this on your war, rogue and mage daily. In 10 days, that's 3m gold. Another way to earn a lot of gold is simply to grind out km3. You can easily earn 500k per day with the prices of today. When the Rengol crates were first released, I was making over 1m per hour. Yes, 1m per hour for several days. BUT, you need to level up a mage and learn how to use it properly to make gold. If you are standing outside of Km3 with your warrior yelling, "PT," you are wasting time. I'm sorry but nobody decent will invite you.

I had to accept this harsh reality last season when I leveled up a rogue to 41. All of the gold was being made in the Arena and I could have sat around and complained to STS that warriors / mages don't get pt invites or I could have leveled up a rogue, which is what I did. I made millions in the Arena. I farmed there several hours per day and I looted many amulets. There is a possibility that the Arena will be refreshed with 46 Amulet or gear, so I suggest warriors and mages reading this, to consider what I'm saying.

The new maps that are coming out are rogue maps. Maybe 2 mage / 2 rogue but leaning towards 4 rogue. When elites come, there will be a small window to make a ton of money. I suggest, grinding KM3, making enough money to max out your rogue, so that you are ready to hit the jack pot when the new elites come out.

We also have the Ursoth event coming. If it's anything like last time, it will require crafting 3 rengol crates for an ursoth crate. Again, you will need a mage to farm crates.

I guess my point here in short is that you need to have a mage and a rogue on hand so that you can capitalize on these small windows to earn gold with the appropriate toon. If you are not running your mage right now in KM3, you better get going, because you're already behind. Save that money and gear your rogue for when elites arrive, etc. etc.

I think you missed the whole point zylx was trying to say about elite map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

What's with the mid-geared thing? That was last season.

We currently have the choice of padded gear, or padded gear. Or if you'd prefer, you can get padded gear (or the equivalent in a different name). The crate bow is currently the best, and you can fully equip a toon with level 46 legendaries for under 500k. The epic belts are not that much worse than the mythic ones, so spending that 2m isn't even a complete necessity.

The gear gap has closed. There are no "haves" and "have-nots" anymore. Not when you can get an arcane ring AND a good arcane pet after a week or two of farming. The price of planar pendant recipes dropped to 80K yesterday, before some enterprising person bought them all in an effort to bump the price back up.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What's with the mid-geared thing? That was last season.

We currently have the choice of padded gear, or padded gear. Or if you'd prefer, you can get padded gear (or the equivalent in a different name). The crate bow is currently the best, and you can fully equip a toon with level 46 legendaries for under 500k. The epic belts are not that much worse than the mythic ones, so spending that 2m isn't even a complete necessity.

The gear gap has closed. There are no "haves" and "have-nots" anymore. Not when you can get an arcane ring AND a good arcane pet after a week or two of farming. The price of planar pendant recipes dropped to 80K yesterday, before some enterprising person bought them all in an effort to bump the price back up.
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this. Before you had to be willing to put the time in to learning the elites to make enough gold to buy high end gear (and even when you did, you'd have to merch or invest your savings to be able to have any chance of being able to afford an arcane ring). But now, just farm locks hard for two weeks, and you can get just about everything you want.

As someone who worked their butt off for high end gear, you'd think I'd be unhappy with this development. I'm not. I'm thrilled the gap has closed. The only reason I'm bored is that the new elites haven't come out, so I have nothing to do.

I think the assumption that everyone bought their gear with plat and that high end gear was a requirement for end game farming needs to go away. It's just wrong. And so is implying that there was no skill involved in farming levels that you yourself did not farm because of extreme difficulty.

If only there were there were some sort of easier version of the levels where you just play casually without having high end gear, and a harder version of the levels that required better gear or a higher degree of skill. That way, both the casual and hardcore players could be happy.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 07-21-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I still have the primitive feeling as I only started a month or so back, however after my 5 years of pl I lost interest.

I literally tried to force myself to like it.

I wanted to get addicted to it again.

But there was nothing to do since they stopped updating.

Unless sts can somehow keep coming up with new, non reskins then the player base will die out like a flame on wet tinder that isn't well maintained
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this.
    You never need to apologize for agreeing with me Are you Canadian, by any chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I disagree! Agreeing with serancha should be a bannable offence.
    Well obviously, but he still doesn't need to apologize.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'll be honest, I used to be super addicted to this game but unfortunantly lost interest ever since the Tindrin release. All I can say is this has been the most fun i have had on a video game ever. I'm really grateful I was able to stumble upon this game randomly and was able to play during the glory days (at least my glory days) of this game!

Any ways, I feel like we can't blame the devs too much for lack of interest people have shown in recent months. After all, they have been giving us alot of content with various difficulty, as well as stuff for people who do or do not spend money. I feel like the players of AL are just as much to blame due to those who abuse the system (plat farmer, dummy farmers, etc.). It also seems that no matter what sts releases, people are always constantly complaining, which gives people negative feelings towards the game. Also, my personal opinion is that the game used to be more fun when there was less people. Back when I began my adventure, I able to create a twink only spening a couple thousand and was able to have fun and get along with people. Now, I can spend several million on a twink and still do bad due to the high number of twinkers and frequent gangs. It used to be if you had a malison you were OP, now it seems like in every town there's a gazillion nekros and other arcane pets. I guess to me, this game has run its course and has seen its better day. Don't get me wrong, people still have fun and it can still bring some entertainment from time to time, but it seems that alot of players are slowing down.

Even though this game has seen its hard times, most people can all tell their stories of how much fun they had smashing monsters, killing nabs, and farming hardcore elites, and maybe even the fun they are still having. I've disapproved of some of the updates sts has dont over the past years, as have many others, but to me sts couldn't have done that much better of a job. I would just like to say thanks to all sts members for the fun we have had over the years and for the great game they provided for us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    *ehm*ehm*
    Doesn't anyone care about the story?
    *nobody answers*
    I won't blame you.Well especially you but...
    The story of the game is made to be ignored.
    How many of you do know:
    -about the Cryostar and why it's very important?
    -why did Rutger betray you?
    -what is Bael's role?
    -what is the "Dark Secret"?
    -why did Karin "fall in love with you"?

Allow me to answer.

1. Some type of Cryptonite or something i guess.
    2. I ate his last twinkie.
    3. To drop Flapjack and Mali eggs
    4 . if i tell you, it wont be a secret anymore.
    5. I saved her from golbins and rooks. She should be grateful.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    Allow me to answer.

1. Some type of Cryptonite or something i guess.
    2. I ate his last twinkie.
    3. To drop Flapjack and Mali eggs
    4 . if i tell you, it wont be a secret anymore.
    5. I saved her from golbins and rooks. She should be grateful.
    1.Nope
    2.Nope
    3.Nope
    4.It's a quest...not a Secret
    5.Yep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I began playing this game over 2 years ago too, Im not really a hardcore player.

I use to play 1 hours a day (30mins for daily quest and the rest for farming auction) and still immersed with game features.

Im still logging in everyday for daily quest(600exp, story token & haunlet coin), currently L45, still have a week to cap.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Htiek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I have been playing since s4,and i still find this game interesting, especially after this expansion.
    I farm everyday about 5-6 hours,but 3-4 hours in weekends cuz im just too lazy then -.-
    And i do find the story of the game interesting.I rate it 7/10.
    I don't know how you managed to give the story a 2/10.I think you don't read them.
    Indeed,the quests are just kill that,kill this,and that just makes us some "paid assasins".But if you read them,you will learn the story of the game.
    And it doesn't need a main goal.Cause if the final expansion comes out, let's say at the end of the next year,and it has the main goal with it,the only thing people would do is to wait until then.
    But if you rated the story 2/10 without even reading the quests,that makes you a hater.
    About the other points,yes,i totally agree with you.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    A dev should be thanking your posts instead of thanking OP, lol.

I'm all out of thanks or I would.