Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looting Arcane and Mythic on Lock crates is not the same as before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I imagine if the prices is as high as last season, there will be a lot of people don't want to invest their time trying to gather 20-100 mil gold just to be competitive in this game and their options only quit this game. This present prices just give majority of players hope to be competitive in this game and keep them playing this game.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    What is amount of time doing in that equation.... Your math type thingy looks broke to me.

And there you have it, why low prices are good for the majority and why it was eventually going to happen.
    In addition to avikk and Newcomx's comments, I do agree that it was going to eventually happen. If all the plat buyers got maxed out when prices were that high, no one would want to buy those items because it was virtually impossible for a f2p to reach those goals. So those shards and fossils would just sit in cs and then the price would go lower as they got undercutted eventually ending up to the prices we have atm anyways. Basic business. So i dont see why plat buyers are complaining about it

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

What is amount of time doing in that equation.... Your math type thingy looks broke to me.
    It is the amount of time surrounding when you spend your plat. Easy example there is if you buy ankhs to sell. Players that bought ankhs to sell three months ago have much less effect on the price you can sell your ankhs at then players that bought them around the same time as you.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    How do u think f2p people get the game all? U do realize programmers don't work for free right? Smart piss off all the people that make the game possible that's genius! Candy just said what anyone with half a brain knows even if they don't spend real money... there's zero reason to now which doesn't suggest much future for the game. You can't get something from nothing.
    Strategy, strategy, strategy.

When the Ren'gol expansion first came out, did plat users not make a ton of gold by popping locks? The same will be true if they have the patience to save plat for Ursoth locks. You have to open strategically now. Or use plat on other things like luck elixirs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Is broke.

Your equation is missing a lot of elements.

Plat is also affected by the release of content by the developers... Whenever a new event comes out plat value up up up... New expansion, plat related weekends.

How is time surrounding? I would say its affected by time of the year.

Atleast that would be my opinion as an Arlorian. I don't have any economics degrees, I was a science student(in the loosest meaning possible for that term). Plus I've only been studying the economy of AL for about a year or so so I'm still a newb.
    OK, how about Va = math type thingy + entropy

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Im over it, the era of the plat players has come to an end.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to e'dria♡ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by e'dria♡ View Post
    Im over it, the era of the plat players has come to an end.
    Well if plat spenders stop how will the game survive? Remember sts need plat spenders to pay the cost..nothing is for free now.. They need to pay the man power..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1:2229742
    How do u think f2p people get the game all? U do realize programmers don't work for free right? Smart piss off all the people that make the game possible that's genius! Candy just said what anyone with half a brain knows even if they don't spend real money... there's zero reason to now which doesn't suggest much future for the game. You can't get something from nothing.
    This analysis is flawed and I'm tired of hearing it. A completely free-to-play player who is active very much supports game development and STS financially, by being a consumer of auction house /trade window products like elixirs, vanities, event energies, gear and eggs from crates, etc etc. The active farmer, be they no-plat or moderate plat usage, is integral to the game economy, creating the necessary demand for plat purchased commodities. To accuse working/middle class players of wanting "something from nothing" is misleading.

Just as in the real world, extreme divisions of wealth are socio-economically unhealthy. A thriving working/middle class is good for the game.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kananaskis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Eh I got wild hair opened 5m of large Ren locked.

3 shards
    7 mythic bodies
    1 mari
    About 5 of those pink eggs, some jewels, and pink junkers
    4 fang, one lunar, one ruby

What the heck is up with the shard drops???? They rain no matter what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

The two sides are not agreeing on one thing. The game needs both F2P players and plat-spenders.

Why?

The plat-spender sinks his/her money into the game in hopes of a head-start in the game relative to the other players. He/she funds the game keeping it alive. The F2P player is not a free-rider as some might think. They are just as important because they exist as the market that buys the mythics/arcanes the plat-spenders loot. What good is supply with no demand? And vice versa. On a similar note, the majority of the plat-spenders' PvP kills probably come from F2P player deaths (Food for thought).

There are misconceptions about both sides. Many plat-spenders believe F2P want everything cheap while F2P players believe plat-spenders want an absolute advantage with everything. Not everything is so black and white.

Both want the longevity of the game, it's just a matter of opinion on how to reach it. In the hey-days of the game, I'm sure STG's profits soared with all of the plat-spending, but at one point or another they will have to try to reel in the disillusioned F2P players (because of the wealth disparity).

All in all, the game needs both sides. The game would die without money but it would also die without players.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Eh I got wild hair opened 5m of large Ren locked.

3 shards
    7 mythic bodies
    1 mari
    About 5 of those pink eggs, some jewels, and pink junkers
    4 fang, one lunar, one ruby

What the heck is up with the shard drops???? They rain no matter what.
    So you did break even after all. In fact you almost tripled your the gold invested in crates. Sounds great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    So you did break even after all. In fact you almost tripled your the gold invested in crates. Sounds great
    Can't sell the armor at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Can't sell the armor at all.
    Really? Why is that? Genuine question... I don't get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Really? Why is that? Genuine question... I don't get it.
    People don't want the Mage and war ones. I'm using the Rogue one it's better than imbued once gemmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

People don't want the Mage and war ones. I'm using the Rogue one it's better than imbued once gemmed.
    Oh, I see. Well I haven't compared the stats for the mage and warrior one, but I have seen some mages and warriors in those in camp. If they are that bad maybe sts should buff them. Many rogues seem to use the rogue one. I personally sold my imbued, bought lvl 46 legendary potency set and never looked back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

All this conflicts between plat spender or free player, that's why I like clash of clans even that is very boring game.
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Interesting thread. As far as the "relative value" discussion, there are just too many angles. What is more valuable to you? For people who already have a lot of money, time may be of more value. If you base it on pure amount of gold in game, then it is probably at the bottom, who knows, it can sink lower. In terms of reaching end-game goals and objectives, it's pretty much even because before the chances were lower but hitting that big jackpot could get you there. Now, the drop chances are higher so you can obtain more items, thus the gold valve will be lower since there is more supply.

If you skimmed through the threads over time it was the people who spent money on this game and got absolutely nothing that ended up quitting in disgust. Of course there are people who quit because they felt hopeless competing against plat whales or just plain got bored of the game; but these people don't affect revenues like the plat buyers. So sts addressed the issue that was affecting their best interests. Was it the best way? It is hard to say as it is currently in motion and a wild ride for everyone. I don't see any many threads of people threatening to quit so I guess it's working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueulator View Post
    If you skimmed through the threads over time it was the people who spent money on this game and got absolutely nothing that ended up quitting in disgust. Of course there are people who quit because they felt hopeless competing against plat whales or just plain got bored of the game; but these people don't affect revenues like the plat buyers.
    How non-plat buyer don't affect revenues? They buy locked opener items for gold, that's the reason why plat spender keep opening crates, because the demand. If the prices is too high, reasonable non-plat player will quit because they can see their future in this game will never be competitive. So, to who locked opener will sell their items? To another locked opener? Most of them already have everything. If the locked opener see that lesser demand because of lesser player playing this game, they stop opening locked and at the end stop buying plat. That's how non-plat buyer affect revenues.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    How non-plat buyer don't affect revenues? They buy locked opener items for gold, that's the reason why plat spender keep opening crates, because the demand. If the prices is too high, reasonable non-plat player will quit because they can see their future in this game will never be competitive. So, to who locked opener will sell their items? To another locked opener? Most of them already have everything. If the locked opener see that lesser demand because of lesser player playing this game, they stop opening locked and at the end stop buying plat. That's how non-plat buyer affect revenues.
    Yes, plat-spenders are the producers and F2P are the consumers. The Supply and the Demand, respectively.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    Let me put it this way. It hurts STS as a company much more to lose a spending customer than a non-spending customer. Most of the F2P players come and go, and then there are the hardcore gamers. There are enough of these two types of F2P players to support the in-game economy. Your example is an extreme where the F2P players will cease to exist, which will NEVER happen.