Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looting Arcane and Mythic on Lock crates is not the same as before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default Looting Arcane and Mythic on Lock crates is not the same as before

Did you guys feel happy every time you loot arcane times?

For me no.. you spend 1-2m Gold for buying Ren lock Crates and you get 1 arcane item.. toor , maridos worse case shard worth 600-800k..
    Looting arcane items this days are its like looting legendary gears..
    you will break even with gold and lose a lot of plats..
    So do you still want to open ren crates?

STS should add something wort opening crates. not its not worth it.. arcane is cheap...

You buy 1,700 plats for 100 USD and get what 2-3 arcane that will wort what? 3-5m? your 100USD is = to 3-5m if lucky..

before if your lucky you looted 1 arcane item sam, arcane maul if lucky shard 1 arcane loot will make you jump all over the place.. 1 item you can earn 20-100m gold...

LOL now its all trash...

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

best get farmin then...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BottleNexz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Did you guys feel happy every time you loot arcane times?

For me no.. you spend 1-2m Gold for buying Ren lock Crates and you get 1 arcane item.. toor , maridos worse case shard worth 600-800k..
    Looting arcane items this days are its like looting legendary gears..
    you will break even with gold and lose a lot of plats..
    So do you still want to open ren crates?

STS should add something wort opening crates. not its not worth it.. arcane is cheap...

You buy 1,700 plats for 100 USD and get what 2-3 arcane that will wort what? 3-5m? your 100USD is = to 3-5m if lucky..

before if your lucky you looted 1 arcane item sam, arcane maul if lucky shard 1 arcane loot will make you jump all over the place.. 1 item you can earn 20-100m gold...

LOL now its all trash...
    I don't think Sts invented crate so you can over charge ppl , it was intended for upgrading your personal toon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojan2100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The relative value of your real money is higher than ever. Only the absolute numbers are different. The only difference is that platwhales can't control the market and inflate prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    The relative value of your real money is higher than ever. Only the absolute numbers are different. The only difference is that platwhales can't control the market and inflate prices.
    No the relative value of our real money is lower than ever. You lose both gold and your own cash opening locked. The risk is huge because you can't sell items anymore to break even. I would say the 'attractiveness' or relative value of spending money is rock bottom. We lose our liquidity, gold, and actual cash by opening.

Absolute value of a number describes the distance from zero, and opening locked you almost always go negative in both game gold and your cash.

Economics 101

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    No the relative value of our real money is lower than ever. You lose both gold and your own cash opening locked. The risk is huge because you can't sell items anymore to break even. I would say the 'attractiveness' or relative value of spending money is rock bottom. We lose our liquidity, gold, and actual cash by opening.

Absolute value of a number describes the distance from zero, and opening locked you almost always go negative in both game gold and your cash.

Economics 101
    As tons of others mentioned, opening locks isnt the only way to convert plats to gold, although most "plat whales" will see it as the only option while neglecting other surefire ways to convert plat to gold. How can you blame anyone else if it is your own fault for taking a gamble?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    As tons of others mentioned, opening locks isnt the only way to convert plats to gold, although most "plat whales" will see it as the only option while neglecting other surefire ways to convert plat to gold. How can you blame anyone else if it is your own fault for taking a gamble?
    Was only clearing up jazzy's misuse of economic and mathematical vernacular not debating the best way to convert plat to gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    How do u think f2p people get the game all? U do realize programmers don't work for free right? Smart piss off all the people that make the game possible that's genius! Candy just said what anyone with half a brain knows even if they don't spend real money... there's zero reason to now which doesn't suggest much future for the game. You can't get something from nothing.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The people who make the game possible are the developers.

The people who ensure the survival of the game areus the players.

There is a reason to spend money, not as good as it once was before but still the people wanting to spend will spend.
    Good luck with that. Never cease to show the failures of some education systems. Maybe devs can feed their kids air.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

for sure there will be new items in ursoth, as some developers said that new items are coming in the next big update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I think the sudden price drop of shard and fossil caught the developers off guard. That's probably one of the reasons for the double teeth week, to boost the price back up a little. But the best thing you can do is vote with your dollars. If you don't like the prize, don't buy. But as others have said, I'm sure other items are coming soon enough. Maybe you will be able to loot that new squirrel pet from locked.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Level 46 Mythic gears are coming. The price of the locked crates and also the value of opening them will certainly go up.
    Meanwhile, I am spotting many threads of this kind where people are telling STS that something must be done about the price of arcanes.
    Well, STS know what they are doing. They have been revolving on MMORPG market for quite a while. When they sense that people are quitting due to lack of satisfaction, they'll do something. Like this 2x teeth event.
    And if they aren't doing anything, Then probably there is no need as well. The gap between Plat buyers and F2P players shouldn't be large as hell.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arcael For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yeah, I think the sudden price drop of shard and fossil caught the developers off guard. That's probably one of the reasons for the double teeth week, to boost the price back up a little. But the best thing you can do is vote with your dollars. If you don't like the prize, don't buy. But as others have said, I'm sure other items are coming soon enough. Maybe you will be able to loot that new squirrel pet from locked.
    They always struggled with the loot table algorithms.

I went from never dropping shard/fossil in a year to several at a time.

Wonder if they replaced the old mythic helm/body and all old arc weapons with shard and fossil in the loot tables. That would explain the market flood of said items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The way i see it is who cares if an item that was worth 50m months ago is now only worth 3m? All the items prices items have dropped from what they once were. This is GAME money. If all prices drop and the most valued items are 5m then just let the economy adjust accordingly. It will all equal out over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Theres jusy too many supply and less demand, make the supply cheap and risk crashing everything. Only this time us with 5-15m gold kinda benefitted. Who wouldve imagine nekro for 6.5m(at some point) maybe rengol lock loot matrix was bugged upon release.

Might i ask, some of you are maxxed out 46 with probably 50m+ on stash. So whats up with these plat : item value : lock content rant?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

22. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Economics 101
    Was only clearing up jazzy's misuse of economic and mathematical vernacular not debating the best way to convert plat to gold.
    Thank you very much for the correction. However you are only right about the mathematical definition of "absolute number" . As for the relative value, what I meant is well beyond economics 101. I won't embark on a journey to explain here though. We could have a long talk with pms with you would insist nonetheless. In simple words though: the return in items (arcane and mythic), which are otherwise unobtainable via farming, per currency unit spent (real world money) is much higher than ever before Hope this explains my point of view.

I understand yours about breaking even and you are right, but this is only under the assumption that you would farm nothing yourself and buy the crates in order to pop them . In this case you might be right. This is however a niche market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Don't you still get a thrill when looting arcane items? I know I do

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Economics 101

You always went negative in cash, because you are paying to obtain virtual items. This has not changed. It's only perception that makes something virtual worth a dollar figure, and that perception is in the eye of the beholder.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Get to farmin.there are so many ways to make gold now that it isnt even funny.sorry that buring $100 bills wont make you a bazzilionaire anymore,but farming your butt off will! I love the new system as i am a hardcore farmer.Especially during events! I know some ppl dont have the time to farm nd such but you can still make a couple mill a whole lot faster by opening locked.i have still to loot an arcane from these new rengol crates LOL. then again iv only opened about 175 chests...my luck was always HOORRRIBLE opening locked .that is why i would rather farm for hours on loot that is guaranteed rather than a stiff kick in the butt from ren'gol chests.im not saying i dont spend money as my plat history is almost 40k now....i just buy way less nowdays due to having my chest rates nerfed ! (Least thats what i keep telling myself) huhu xD
    Last edited by Spell; 07-23-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Let A = Amount of Plat you spend.
    Let Va = Value of that plat.
    Let X = time in minutes
    Let P = Amount of plat other players spend.
    Va = 1/(x=-5x=5X*P)

Hmm, gotta work on my mathy type things. Anyway, the point is the value of each plat spent is inversely related to the total amount of plat spent. Extreme example, if only one person spent plat then the plat items would be worth hundreds of millions. If EVERYONE spent plat, the plat items would be worth, give or take, liquidation.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post: