Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looting Arcane and Mythic on Lock crates is not the same as before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i think those suggesting to scale old elites are referring to all elites, not just the ones currently scaled (shuyal, planar tombs, tindrin, glintstone mines). So brakenridge, ydra, dead city, kraken, & nordr elites would also be scaled to level cap.

Serancha made a sound proposal about this on another general discussion thread (sorry i can't make a link on the STS forums app, but it's well worth finding and reading.) Dalmoney has made a similar suggestion earlier as well and there is a very interesting discussion between them in the thread i just recommended.

Sorry this isn't quite on-topic as to the OP but but i just wanted to clarify what people mean when they say "scale old elites". It is relevant however as to what will keep the game alive and interesting.

Last season it seemed to me there were two different games...an upper class with extreme stats and middle class with decent, viable, strong stats..i didn't expect to able to attain an arc ring or nekro, the shard and fossil were too difficult to obtain. But i worked on my gear, upgraded my mythic armor, super gemmed my talismans, and built up my stable thru the very good event pets. The planar pendant (essetially an arcane level item) was a great system and I'm happy to have achieved that. Now it's great to to have been able to craft nekro for my mage, buy maridos for rogue, & craft an arc ring for both. After all, i farmed the parchments for nekro so a fossil should be within reach or the parchments quest is pointless. I've been an active player since since tarlok (dec/13).

the gap in gear/player division was too large last season.

As for the OP and the excitement of looting an arcane, i opened a bunch of crates i farmed during a double odds for mythics/arcanes weekend last year. Looted a singe egg. it was pretty exciting. worth about 16-18m at the time. about the same as a full grand elon gun which is what i traded it for. eventually i could've farmed up enough for the elon as I've made a more off farming/merching from events but still the prices for top end items were too high, too exclusive. eventually i got myth daggers for rogue cause the bows were too pricey. (and i have a twink which sucks up gold--not complaining tho, the daggers are awesome ) i just plateau-ed at a point with lack of options for farming. So the new system is better in general i think. the best items should be obtainable thru in-game work. farmable items like dragonite bars or arcane parchments should allow the active player to accessibly purchase their crafting compliments in the auction house.

I would caution people about using "us and them" constructs such as plat vs non-plat or veteran vs non veteran. such schemes oversimplify.

having said that, veteran players are an important voice and i have gained so much knowledge about the game through their many contributions to these forums.

hopefully the game will thrive it's what we all want. Peace, cheers and gl out there!
    Last edited by kananaskis; 07-25-2015 at 02:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kananaskis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Arcanes cheap because some users keeping golds like 200m and thereisnt gold in game and golds are going to in game items/potions/feeds and locks giving only 5k gold so theres enflasyon in game

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

What if i told you opening locks is still the fastest easiest way to get fully geared? Its true you won't make as much bank as before but gold does have greater value now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I actually think the disparity isn't plat vs. free player. It's veterans vs. new players
    I don't think this ever needed to become an "us vs them" issue, regardless of who anybody wants to define as the "us" and the "them."

There is no group of people in this game who are inherently superior to any others, and sensing a disparity when we are all on more equal footing than we have been in a long time, comes from certain players who feel that for some reason they have more rights than others. Searching for what it is that sets some players apart making them more worthy or more valuable than others is the problematic mindset here.

A new expansion just came out, and the game is evolving to meet the needs of a diverse player base. Of course veterans will have prior knowledge of the game, and the experience, social connections, and most importantly the skill that will in most cases allow them to better capitalise on what will be/is on offer, which is a natural product of learning more the longer you play.

Aside from that; every player, no matter which boxes we put them in, deserves to be able to play the game as an active participant and develop their toon to the same extent if they are motivated to do so. Its the start of a new expansion- its not fun to be a perpetual straggler, and there is no reason why newer players, or free players, or whoever, should be forced to lag 6 months behind right now.

To me, its nice that so many players are being given the opportunity to start the elite phase on the expansion on equal footing and with the same fighting chance to start working on the -current- in game goals, which will be the new mythic crafting quests.

The problem is that it's so easy to acquire the max gear that what do you do next?
    Additionally... surely this same problem presents itself if for example one was able to spend extreme amounts of money on the game, acquire millions and millions from looting mega OP eggs/gear only available in lockeds and then buy their way immediately to that max gear and beyond?
    Last edited by Dalmony; 07-25-2015 at 03:29 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

The problem is that it's so easy to acquire the max gear that what do you do next?

I mean, I certainly don't have all the answers but I'm disheartened by only having three maps to use for new mythic set grind.

What kept me playing was the fact that it took a long time to earn items. Not have them handed to me in a week.

Somewhere between current and the plat farm insanity would be ideal.
    I don't get what are you trying to say. You already had max gear b4 expansion. Why do you pretend to speak for the rest of the community when you say there is nothing to do after getting to that point. Maybe you can tell us what to do after getting maxed out since you still played after u did.

I think serancha has a better point of view here. It's not realistic for someone to spend 6+ months of farming just for a piece of equuipment in a mobile mmo. I actually spent all last season working on other achievements with the gear i had instead of grinding and it was a good choice. I managed to keep a more than positive kdr in tdm and get the lb banner using a mythic pet, no inbued and seldomly using a borrowed bonesaw mainly because most of the players were average geared like me. The only times i farmed was to get pet feed.

Now i farm more than ever because i can see myself getting those shiny pets and items and because gold actually has some value.

Ring and nekro totaled 100m last season it was totally out of reach for non plat spenders and this was hurting everyone who could never afford them because u would rarely get invited to fast parties if u didn't have them amd they would hunt you down in pvp.

I made plenty of rant posts and threads on forums about free to play not being a good description for this game along with some other fellow players and it seems like sts finally heard us.

People won't leave the game because they will get max gear you are the living proof of that but maybe some people who are suddenly not as "special" as before will.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 07-25-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Who wants to play a game where everyone has the same stuff? If that's the case why even play? There's nothing to want anymore. With nothing to work towards except some easy grind and done. Not fun to me. I like combination of both some luck for hard to obtain things and some you just have to grind out. I don't want everyone to have same stuff and everything worth nothing... Just my opinion for there to be any reason to play.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 07-25-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    Who wants to play a game where everyone has the same stuff? If that's the case why even play? There's nothing to want anymore.
    I do

I think what you meant to say is: Who wants to play a game where everyone has the same stuff as me? If that's the case why even play? There's nothing to want anymore.

Why did you play then? You already had all the stuff, what else was to want for you before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Who wants to play a game where everyone has the same stuff? If that's the case why even play? There's nothing to want anymore. With nothing to work towards except some easy grind and done. Not fun to me.
    All the people playing who get their enjoyment from role playing games through progression of their own character.... this would currently be first farming xp to cap, then acquiring great items in preparation for the imminent next phase of character progression. It will then be followed by farming to craft the mythic set, and then by refining said set by working towards a good collection of noble jewels to enhance it.

Or perhaps the people who get enjoyment from seeing their friends and guildmates achieve great stats, because more members achieving great stats and highly useful pets will improve their pve efficiency as a whole group?

Definitely all of the people who are thrilled that the gold they had farmed and saved in dire conditions last season will afford them something great after all?

Basically all of the people you see wandering around proudly displaying their new mythic or arcane item or pet.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

There's no point in even trying to explain. Everyone have everything then. That's stupid. I never had everything before. I'm not going to apologize for being successful either. Just like the real world there's the haves and the have nots. The have nots will always want what the haves have... Its called life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by notfaded1; 07-25-2015 at 03:54 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

There's no point in even trying to explain. Everyone have everything then. That's stupid. I never had everything before. I'm not going to apologize for being successful either. Just like the real world there's the haves and the have nots. The have nots will always want what the haves have... Its called life.

Its not life.... it is a game, a way to absorb yourself in a fantasy world, slay giant orcs with your bow and arrow. Fantasy games makes things possible that are not possible in reality. (Though my neighbour IS pretty jealous of the purple unicorn I keep in my garden...)

The most important comparison to be making in terms of character progression, is your toon now compared to your toon a month ago, in terms of gold, stats, and skill.

Nobody is here to fulfill the role of the so called "have not" just so that some other player who has everything can stand next to him in town and show that they are the bigger man.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

No one is asking for economic equality. We don't want to instantly have the gear top players have. We want equal opportunity to obtain that gear. Now, players can obtain mythic/arcanes in a reasonable amount of time as long as they meet reasonable goals, instead of farming +100m gold for a ring.

Things are now attainable for everyone. Plat is a time-saver, not a necessity anymore.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Its not life.... it is a game, a way to absorb yourself in a fantasy world, slay giant orcs with your bow and arrow. Fantasy games makes things possible that are not possible in reality. (Though my neighbour IS pretty jealous of the purple unicorn I keep in my garden...)

The most important comparison to be making in terms of character progression, is your toon now compared to your toon a month ago, in terms of gold, stats, and skill.

Nobody is here to fulfill the role of the so called "have not" just so that some other player who has everything can stand next to him in town and show that they are the bigger man.
    Spot on dalmony, i could have never said it better than you!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I think anyone who can read pretty well understands what you are saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    All the people playing who get their enjoyment from role playing games through progression of their own character.... this would currently be first farming xp to cap, then acquiring great items in preparation for the imminent next phase of character progression. It will then be followed by farming to craft the mythic set, and then by refining said set by working towards a good collection of noble jewels to enhance it.

Or perhaps the people who get enjoyment from seeing their friends and guildmates achieve great stats, because more members achieving great stats and highly useful pets will improve their pve efficiency as a whole group?

Definitely all of the people who are thrilled that the gold they had farmed and saved in dire conditions last season will afford them something great after all?

Basically all of the people you see wandering around proudly displaying their new mythic or arcane item or pet.
    +1. Couldn't have said it better.

I have to say that for those us f2p players or small-to-medium plat spenders, getting arcane items and pets is far from an issue of getting bragging rights or for swaggering purposes. It's about doing Arena faster, finishing elite runs faster, being able to make previously difficult AP possible, being able to help guildies more, and dying less. The people you see with new arcane ring or pets are for the most part still not very rich, still wearing epic belt or a piece of last season's armor under ther their vanity, and every day they farm and do dailies for the next OP item or pet, not to get even or wage vengeance against people who have had these items since the previous seasons. But to get more prepared for the upcoming event, for the upcoming elites. That is all a lot of f2p and plat-minnows think about, really.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

In the last few years playing this game one thing I've learned is people will always complain about the economy no matter how good or bad it is.

Right now tho it's doing as good as season 4 and earlier was. Goals are obtainable and plat is only a time saver. There will be always be plenty of new mythic items that will be added to locked during events to keep the gamblers gambling and the farmers farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I mean, I certainly don't have all the answers but I'm disheartened by only having three maps to use for new mythic set grind.

What kept me playing was the fact that it took a long time to earn items. Not have them handed to me in a week.

Somewhere between current and the plat farm insanity would be ideal.
    That has nothing to do with locks though. You're talking about this thread, now, which naturally I agree with. lol

Except that the devs decided to nix that, saying they have enough new content to keep us happy. Well, they don't seem to realize we want to play between events. 3 maps for over a year ain't gonna cut it.
    Last edited by Serancha; 07-25-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Hey, maybe we need this kind of gear because *gasp* new, better ones are coming... Also doesn't it kind of hint that the elite maps will be super duper hard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    That has nothing to do with locks though. You're talking about this thread, now, which naturally I agree with. lol

Except that the devs decided to nix that, saying they have enough new content to keep us happy. Well, they don't seem to realize we want to play between events. 3 maps for over a year ain't gonna cut it.
    Three maps ftl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Three maps ftl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Well, they don't seem to realize we want to play between events. 3 maps for over a year ain't gonna cut it.
    I would suggest to stop complaining about what we get, STS is a small company, busy with their new Moba game. I have capped characters in 4 legends games and all of a sudden in the beginning of this year we were told that there will be no more updates in 3 of them. We can be grateful that they keep the servers going.
    They promised us that they have exciting things for us in AL, so let's be optimistic. And always keep in mind that the end is inherent in the beginning.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    I would suggest to stop complaining about what we get, STS is a small company, busy with their new Moba game. I have capped characters in 4 legends games and all of a sudden in the beginning of this year we were told that there will be no more updates in 3 of them. We can be grateful that they keep the servers going.
    They promised us that they have exciting things for us in AL, so let's be optimistic. And always keep in mind that the end is inherent in the beginning.
    Yeah I'm not a nub to sts business model. I was sucked into pl when it fell. I'm past complaining but taking my sentiments and simply playing other games now. I log AL less than five minutes a day currently. (: